Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Team for Sheffield United (if there's anyone still fit)

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Why is everyone seemingly panicking so much over this match?

Sheffield United are plum bottom of the table, scored 9 goals and conceded 30 in 11 games and only got their first win of the season last week through a dodgy penalty which should not have been given, against Wolves-who-are-rubbish. Their other 10 games have produced 9 losses and 1 draw.

:shrug:
I suppose the bitter experience of having cocked up these matches quite a number of times.

There is one thing, and only one thing Palace have over us. The ability to ruthlessly win these sort of games.

Sheff Utd will be nailing their hopes on a Brighton have 85% possession and 38 shots but fail to score type game

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I suppose the bitter experience of having cocked up these matches quite a number of times.

There is one thing, and only one thing Palace have over us. The ability to ruthlessly win these sort of games.

Sheff Utd will be nailing their hopes on a Brighton have 85% possession and 38 shots but fail to score type game
You know why - As palace are better at shit football than those teams. When we play those teams they out everyone behind the ball and it’s hard and frustrating. Facts!

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Verbruggen

Veltman van Hecke Webster Igor

Baleba Hinshelwood

Buonanotte Lallana Barrington/Baker-Boaitey

Ferguson

Adingra, Fati, Pedro, Mitoma and Gross need a rest after Thursday, but would have to be on the bench. Probably too early to start Moder. Shame we can't play both goalkeepers ...
Four players at the back who are comfortable at centre back? I’m not so sure we need that sort of defensive expertise against Sheff Utd. Time to 3-5-2 again.

———————-Steele———————-
—-Webster—-Van Hecke—-Igor———-
Adringa—Groß—Baleba—Gilmour—Fati
—————Lallana—-Pedro—————

Moder to have some minutes too.

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
Steele

Veltman
JPVH
Webster
Igor

Buonanotte
Lallana
Gilmour
Baleba
Fati

Ferguson

Subs: Verbruggen, Gross, Mitoma, Adingra, Hinshelwood, Moder, Barrington.

Gilmour, Fati and Ferguson didn't play the full 90 yesterday so I'm hoping should be able to start. Gross needs a rest.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
We don't have a game for 2 weeks and RDZ is indication its a very important game (we need the fans) so he has to go for his strongest fit team. We also need players who can dig in to some mental strength.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
There is a big chance for Buananotte in that team maybe. He must have talent but he needs a big game if he starts.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Steele

Webbo
JPvH
Igor

Veltman
Baleba
Gilmour
Gross

Mitoma
Pedro
Adingra
Personnel I like. But can't see the players fitting that formation. If you put Veltman in a back 4 with the other 3, and then play the versatile Pascal further up, then that's about as good as we can put out for tomorrow (which we need to).
That leaves Fati, Fergie and Dahoud to come on. Potentially Buonanotte too if things are going well.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013

Attachments

• 20231111_202739.jpg
    20231111_202739.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 31

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Four players at the back who are comfortable at centre back? I’m not so sure we need that sort of defensive expertise against Sheff Utd. Time to 3-5-2 again.

———————-Steele———————-
—-Webster—-Van Hecke—-Igor———-
Adringa—Groß—Baleba—Gilmour—Fati
—————Lallana—-Pedro—————

Moder to have some minutes too.
Is Lallana fit to play? Think I'd prefer to see Ferguson developing a partnership with Pedro though. Agree with the rest of the line-up - but will de Zerbi actually go three at the back?

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Personnel I like. But can't see the players fitting that formation. If you put Veltman in a back 4 with the other 3, and then play the versatile Pascal further up, then that's about as good as we can put out for tomorrow (which we need to).
That leaves Fati, Fergie and Dahoud to come on. Potentially Buonanotte too if things are going well.
Just think we’re going to have to push Veltman on a bit, and Pascal will just be Pascal….

A left field one could be Hinshelwood at right back, he did well there in the US tour, and he’s likely to get less exposed. The only thing Adingra provides extremely limited support defensively.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Is Lallana fit to play? Think I'd prefer to see Ferguson developing a partnership with Pedro though. Agree with the rest of the line-up - but will de Zerbi actually go three at the back?
He did at Fulham so why not again?

IMG_3764.jpeg

I’m not sure that he has much choice to be honest with so many fullbacks injuried.

Perhaps it’ll be this team with JPvH replacing the injured Dunk.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here