Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Team for MK Dons.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
.Rosenior centre mid? take it this is a wind up

Every now and then a manager makes a decision that not even one fan can understand. Keegan bringing in Southgate as a defensive midfielder at Wembley vs Germany in 2000 springs to mind (we lost - he resigned - we beat them 1-5 in the return). If CH played LR in central midfield (has he ever played there before?) there would be just one fan who would 'understand'.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
To be honest, I think you've got a point.

Also, Stockdale's passing has been a bit iffy the last few games, so we should probably give Skalak a game in goal, as he's shown his passing is actually very good.

And Rosenior's 50% pass completion rate from Tuesday would work excellently alongside Greer whose leadership and pace we've sorely missed during the last 5 clean sheets. That would be some central midfield pair.

And whilst we're at it, I heard Wilson's left footed and he scored Tuesday, so let's stick him in at left back - he really deserves it.

Plus I've always thought Zamora's mobility would make him an excellent centre back - lets get Goldson and Dunk out and leave Zamora to control their forwards on his own.

That'll mean we can have a second left back alongside Wilson, because I know you're a fan of left backs - how about Sidwell, as he's proven himself so capable since arriving here on loan.

To be honest, Murphy probably needs a rest, so let's get Bruno out left midfield as he's got some flair.

Maybe Hemed right midfield as he's a worker isn't he - I like his passion etc etc. He's the type of player we'd have loved when I was a youngster, real up and at 'em type - gets stuck in and he'll get rid if we're under pressure.

Actually, Stockdale doesn't deserve to be dropped, so let's play him up front, maybe alongside Baldock and Uwe (who can play on one leg - he'd still be better than Dunk who'd make a mistake or something).

Skalak,
Zamora, Sidwell, Wilson
Hemed, Greer, Rosenior, Bruno
Stockdale, Uwe, Baldock.

I can see that team smashing 'em.
Good line up.

Except I wouldn't play Rosenior in central midfield.

Sargey

Jan 27, 2006
Portslade
I just have a feeling CH may change a few things for this game........Theres no reason to drop the likes of Murphy and Knockaert to the bench I can see but I just think he may do so to maybe keep a few people on their toes for the run in ???

Stockdale

Bruno Goldson Dunk Bong

Rosenior Kayal Stephens Lua Lua

Hemed Baldock

Subs: Wilson, Greer, Sidwell, Zamora, Murphy, Knockaert, Maneppa

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
To be honest, I think you've got a point.

Also, Stockdale's passing has been a bit iffy the last few games, so we should probably give Skalak a game in goal, as he's shown his passing is actually very good.

And Rosenior's 50% pass completion rate from Tuesday would work excellently alongside Greer whose leadership and pace we've sorely missed during the last 5 clean sheets. That would be some central midfield pair.

And whilst we're at it, I heard Wilson's left footed and he scored Tuesday, so let's stick him in at left back - he really deserves it.

Plus I've always thought Zamora's mobility would make him an excellent centre back - lets get Goldson and Dunk out and leave Zamora to control their forwards on his own.

That'll mean we can have a second left back alongside Wilson, because I know you're a fan of left backs - how about Sidwell, as he's proven himself so capable since arriving here on loan.

To be honest, Murphy probably needs a rest, so let's get Bruno out left midfield as he's got some flair.

Maybe Hemed right midfield as he's a worker isn't he - I like his passion etc etc. He's the type of player we'd have loved when I was a youngster, real up and at 'em type - gets stuck in and he'll get rid if we're under pressure.

Actually, Stockdale doesn't deserve to be dropped, so let's play him up front, maybe alongside Baldock and Uwe (who can play on one leg - he'd still be better than Dunk who'd make a mistake or something).

Skalak,
Zamora, Sidwell, Wilson
Hemed, Greer, Rosenior, Bruno
Stockdale, Uwe, Baldock.

I can see that team smashing 'em.
......but isn't Uwe still injured?

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
The back 5 has to stay as it is. 5 clean sheets!
I get the idea that Bong for LR would improve the back 5, but it's not an area we need to strengthen particularly.
I think CH will go with the approach of giving Bong 30 minute. Either to increase attacking options if necessary, or to reorganise and strengthen to see out the win.

Strongly suspect Tomer and Baldock will be the front two.

I can see an argument for swapping Murphy for Kaz. Happy with either approach.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I hope not Jamie is much more effective.

I like Jamie a lot and very happy with him starting.
In fairness though,Kaz was the stand out player in the championship when he got injured, so we should have a proper look at him again soon.

IMO he has been trying too hard in the 15 minute cameos he's been given so far.
Picking him in the starting line up against a beatable team, with 7,000 away fans roaring him on would be fairer to him.

Like I said, I wouldn't be unhappy with Jamie starting, but I don't think choosing Kaz would be a significant weakening of the team.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
I don't think CH will change any of the back 5 unless a risk of worsening an injury. Bong probably won't last 90 minutes so I wouldn't start with him.

I'd also like to see Wilson starting again as I think he adds something to our attacking play

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
......but isn't Uwe still injured?

Like I said, he can play on one leg.

Good line up.

Except I wouldn't play Rosenior in central midfield.

I think you make a valid point. I also know BG wouldn't be happy with Bong not playing. Maybe Bong up front instead of Uwe and bring Maenpaa into central midfield instead of Rosenior - give him a chance to prove himself.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think that we need both Bong to start and LR to either start or bring on to close the game down for a win. I said CM as a possible alternative to Stephens if it was felt he needed to be dropped and with Sidwell getting a knock our choice of DM is limited.

SeagullCrow

May 9, 2008
Hopefully Kayal and Stephens will be able to dominate the midfield. They appear to have built the team around JFC since he arrived there on loan, and he's obviously not available to play against us tomorrow. They've also suspended Curruthers after his midweek antics.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
After 5 clean sheets, changing the back line is verging on suicide, eventually ofcourse we will concede. But I cannot see CH changing it just yet.

If you are going to tinker with it then Burnley at home is more viable as using Rosenior at right midfield against stronger opposition makes some sense.

Having siad that if we pick up another clean sheet or have a good performance at MK Dons then i would not change it for Burnley.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Stockdale
Bruno Goldson Dunk Bong
Rosenior Stephens Kayal Murphy
Hemed Wilson​

Subs
Maenpaa; Greer, Calderon; Knockaert, Sidwell, Skalak; Zamora

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
Same as Tuesday, maybe Hemed for Wilson as he holds the ball up so well and has a huge work rate helping out the midfield and covers corners really well in the Murray role.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
What's Baldock done wrong?

Not scoring as many goals as Gray (20), Vokes (12) of our rival teams for a start. Still if he scores in very game he might equal Vokes (if Vokes does not score any more). Not that I was impressed with Vokes when he was down here.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here