Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Team for MK Dons.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Definitely.

I'm not worried about markers, but yes, let's attack from the off.

Ah, you've killed my mojo. It would be totally unfair to say he's been really cautious all season, as we've played good attacking football with two up front. But I'm not sure he can be classed as a gambler. I'm still worried he'd rather a point on Saturday than risk losing, and if it comes to it, we should risk losing to give us a chance of winning.

Damn, been on here 5 months, and now I am in agreement with the resident pedant!

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Same starting 11, only possible change is Hemed for Wilson depending on fitness of Wilson, as others have said with the international break coming up there is no reason to rest anyone.

It makes no sense to change any of the back line, 5 clean sheets in a row means they deserve to keep their places and Bong will, like GG, have to wait his time on the bench. Plenty of options on the bench if we need to keep it tight to close out a narrow win as per Tuesday.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Same starting 11, only possible change is Hemed for Wilson depending on fitness of Wilson, as others have said with the international break coming up there is no reason to rest anyone.

It makes no sense to change any of the back line, 5 clean sheets in a row means they deserve to keep their places and Bong will, like GG, have to wait his time on the bench. Plenty of options on the bench if we need to keep it tight to close out a narrow win as per Tuesday.
Do you not consider it better to bring in Bong to give us more chance to go for the win rather than nick a goal and hang on, as per Tuesday?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I'd start the team that started last night.

For all of Wilson's faults and naivety, he's shown an ability to score goals and be composed that I just don't see in our other strikers, plus he has more pace on the counter than Hemed has. His and Baldock's movement away from home could be key.

Wouldn't even contemplate changing a back five that has kept 5 clean sheets in 5.

We don't have a game until the 2nd of April after this, so plenty of time for rest too, so play the strongest side i.e. don't drop Stephens, Kayal, Knocky or Murphy either.

That.

We haven't conceded in, what, 8 hours ? Not a time to change the back four.

Wilson/Baldock combo can run any defence in this division ragged with their clever running.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Do you not consider it better to bring in Bong to give us more chance to go for the win rather than nick a goal and hang on, as per Tuesday?

But didn't most of our 'hanging on' on Tuesday take place after Bong came on? Just saying, like.

FWIW, I think we should keep the back five that have kept five successive clean sheets. Bong's time will come.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Oct 4, 2003

No, it's not proven that Bong will give us more chance to win (apart from in your mind). Before the injuries when we did play with Bong at LB and Rosenior in midfield we only ever won by 1 goal anyway so we were still hanging on.

It's a fact that the current defence haven't let in a goal in 5 games and deserve to keep their spots. Since Liam Rosenior returned to the field at half time against Cardiff we've conceded 1 goal (and that was a penalty and we all know they don't count). Swap Hemed for Wilson and the team that started Tuesday night was the same team that dished out spankings to Bristol City and Leeds a few weeks back so we know it's a team capable of scoring some goals and not just hanging on.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I agree about Leeds and Bristol City but I feel that Bong being naturally left footed gives Murphy more space to play in and then bring on LR to close out the game if he doesnt start instead of Stephens, as I believe he should.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I agree about Leeds and Bristol City but I feel that Bong being naturally left footed gives Murphy more space to play in and then bring on LR to close out the game if he doesnt start instead of Stephens, as I believe he should.

Again I repeat, do not mess with a defence that has kept 5 clean sheets... absolute madness

Far more chance of Murphy getting a rest and Lua Lua starting, Murphy is starting to look a bit tired, he has played a lot of late, just losing that little edge you need in my opinion.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Oct 4, 2003
Again I repeat, do not mess with a defence that has kept 5 clean sheets... absolute madness

The madness is compounded by not only changing the defence but then putting a full back into centre midfield and breaking up what is possibly the best central midfield partnership in the division.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The madness is compounded by not only changing the defence but then putting a full back into centre midfield and breaking up what is possibly the best central midfield partnership in the division.

It is but Stephens has looked jaded and not up to scratch in the last few games. The alternstive to LR, who I am sure could do the DM adequately is to bring in Sidwell who got a knock on Tuesday. The only other option is Crofts who has shown he is not up to it now.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Oct 4, 2003
It is but Stephens has looked jaded and not up to scratch in the last few games. The alternstive to LR, who I am sure could do the DM adequately is to bring in Sidwell who got a knock on Tuesday. The only other option is Crofts who has shown he is not up to it now.

Has Liam Rosenior ever played CM at all, is there any evidence to suggest he'd be better there than Crofts? Stephens may have looked tired but he's certainly not been anywhere near "not up to scratch", the fact is the side is better with Stephens and Kayal playing together. We've got a 2 week break after Saturdays game so there is no point resting him at all, especially when your option also involves breaking up a defence that has gone nearly 500mins without conceding.

You seem to be trying to find a solution to a problem that doesn't exist just to get Bong in the starting 11, thankfully CH doesn't think that way.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
As I said I think LR would adapt to it very easily as he is a natural defender who can attack and when playing right midfield drifts into the middle quite often.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
As I said I think LR would adapt to it very easily as he is a natural defender who can attack and when playing right midfield drifts into the middle quite often.

you "think" someone may adapt to a position he has never played before, where we have several natural replacements should Stephens need a rest... which he dosent and will get after saturday anyway.

I think i would rather go with a certainty at this stage of the season than a big risk.

As has just been said you are trying to find a solution to a non existent problem just to get Bong back in the side.

I can see Bong coming back in for the Burnley game and Rosenior going to right midfield. So patience BG !

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014

To be honest, I think you've got a point.

Also, Stockdale's passing has been a bit iffy the last few games, so we should probably give Skalak a game in goal, as he's shown his passing is actually very good.

And Rosenior's 50% pass completion rate from Tuesday would work excellently alongside Greer whose leadership and pace we've sorely missed during the last 5 clean sheets. That would be some central midfield pair.

And whilst we're at it, I heard Wilson's left footed and he scored Tuesday, so let's stick him in at left back - he really deserves it.

Plus I've always thought Zamora's mobility would make him an excellent centre back - lets get Goldson and Dunk out and leave Zamora to control their forwards on his own.

That'll mean we can have a second left back alongside Wilson, because I know you're a fan of left backs - how about Sidwell, as he's proven himself so capable since arriving here on loan.

To be honest, Murphy probably needs a rest, so let's get Bruno out left midfield as he's got some flair.

Maybe Hemed right midfield as he's a worker isn't he - I like his passion etc etc. He's the type of player we'd have loved when I was a youngster, real up and at 'em type - gets stuck in and he'll get rid if we're under pressure.

Actually, Stockdale doesn't deserve to be dropped, so let's play him up front, maybe alongside Baldock and Uwe (who can play on one leg - he'd still be better than Dunk who'd make a mistake or something).

Skalak,
Zamora, Sidwell, Wilson
Hemed, Greer, Rosenior, Bruno
Stockdale, Uwe, Baldock.

I can see that team smashing 'em.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak

Now isn't the time to experiment with players playing it of position.

Hughton is hopefully sensible enough to stick to the spine of that team that he knows will work and that's Goldson/Dunk, Stephens/Kayal and Baldock with a.n. Other

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Having watched the re-run of the Previous 2-1 win over MK on Latest TV last night, it was clear that Kayal & Stephens battered the MK 3 man midfield in the first half. MK actually looked better when they swapped attackers for midfielders in the 2nd half and should have come away with a point after Dunk had done everything to give them a stonewall penalty but the ref was inept. We can't have another 'Cardiff away' team - Kayal & Stephens in the centre and we'll win.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here