Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Team for Leicester (fa cup)

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
I think none of the players at Burnley or Anfield should be involved, at least not in the starting eleven. With the recent tremendous work that's gone on to get us to where we are now, the last thing we need is to crock someone we need on a meaningless game. This year the FA cup is irrelevant, the first half of our season was a disaster, thank goodness it was more of a disaster for Sheffield, West Brom and Fulham. If, and I mean if, we are now in the ascendency then we have to concentrate on that, consolidate us at least 4th from bottom. The bit part players have a chance to impress at Leicester, maybe give us some options as the season progresses, and hopefully some of them might be able to make the step up next season. All IMO of course, which is probably wrong [sic].

If not this year, than when? Or are we discounting the idea of a trophy forever?

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Sanchez
Veltman-White-Burn
Alzate-Jenks-Moder-Karbownik
Khadra-Welbeck-Tau​

I'd be tempted to put Zeqiri in for a start instead of Welbeck, or maybe Connolly. Depends who needs the game time the most for sharpness & also who needs rest or if Welbeck is ready to start after his injury.

No Dunk or Webster leaves a big hole, but I reckon they need a break (White can cope better being a youngster :))

I haven't seen the latest on Propper - if fit, I'd start him instead of Jenks.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
If not this year, than when? Or are we discounting the idea of a trophy forever?

I did try to explain my reasoning. We have been a shambles this season until very recently, we were only going in one direction. If we've turned a corner, and I think we may have, then we cannot jeopardise that by risking knackering already tired players. Many tell us that we have a great team, just that we couldn't score or hang onto leads for the first half of the season. If that is the case, and I think it is, then next season we could be in a far stronger (league) position with a squad who have more effective first team experience, then we can rotate the squad with a more confidence. Right now, we have 11 or 12 players who are on the money, the rest could get invaluable experience playing Leicester, put themselves in with a shout of regular first team action, and at the same time we don't end up with any more minor knocks, serious injuries or even suspensions to the players who we need to keep us on the path we're on.

Eric Youngs Contact Lens

Dec 9, 2020
East Sussex
I think GP will play the strongest team he thinks he can (Newport and Blackpool were strong albeit the injury list has lengthened a little). he has always rotated, but I would suspect that if fit, Veltman, White, Dunk and Burn all play. If he plays 5, then Karbownik starts too. In the middle, can see Bissouma (or Alzate) and Propper playing and up front Trossard (rested Saturday) Tau and Zequri : Lallana and Welbeck on the bench - so as not to over stretch their glass-like bodies :
----------------------Walton-----------------------
----------- - White - Dunk - Burn --------------
Veltman -----Bissouma-----Propper----- Karbownik
------------Tau---------Zequiri---------Trossard

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
Walton
White Dunk Burn
Veltman Alzate Moder Karbownik
Khadra Zeqiri Tau

I think we need to rest some of the gents who looked knackered at Burnley. It's not about the time until the Villa game, it's about the games played in the last few months. I think a nice break for Bissouma, Gross, Maupay, Trossard and Mac is worthwhile for the run in.

I'd like to see more of Khadra and Tau and definitely ready to meet Moder and Karbownik!

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Don't much care about the line-up, just want to see Percy Tau get a decent run-out before he develops splinters from sitting on the bench. Strongly suspect he's a serious upgrade on Maupay

I think BN needs a rest - would very much like to see Tau start.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Seems GP may well read NSC, this from his Leicester Press Conference :smile:

Talks about the need to make changes in this busy season.

"Sometimes you are accused of tinkering, sometimes you are accused of not making the changes."

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Don't much care about the line-up, just want to see Percy Tau get a decent run-out before he develops splinters from sitting on the bench. Strongly suspect he's a serious upgrade on Maupay

I hope I'm wrong and I guess we'll find out soon enough but can't help thinking this isn't the case at all. After a bright start, Tau looked absolute shite in his last match against league one Blackpool. Lightweight and like a headless chicken.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
Seems GP may well read NSC, this from his Leicester Press Conference :smile:

Talks about the need to make changes in this busy season.

"Sometimes you are accused of tinkering, sometimes you are accused of not making the changes."

Actually - that's a really fair cop. I've slagged him off for changing the team at random, and I suggested changing 7 for this game! But to be fair, the FA Cup is the FA Cup. Much as we all want to do well in it, we're all of a mind to prioritise the PL and rest the boys who looked knackered in the second half against Burnley.

Walton
White Dunk Burn
Veltman Alzate Moder Karbownik
Khadra Zeqiri Tau

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I hope I'm wrong and I guess we'll find out soon enough but can't help thinking this isn't the case at all. After a bright start, Tau looked absolute shite in his last match against league one Blackpool. Lightweight and like a headless chicken.

Which is probably why he hasn’t been seen since

boik

I did try to explain my reasoning. We have been a shambles this season until very recently, we were only going in one direction. If we've turned a corner, and I think we may have, then we cannot jeopardise that by risking knackering already tired players. Many tell us that we have a great team, just that we couldn't score or hang onto leads for the first half of the season. If that is the case, and I think it is, then next season we could be in a far stronger (league) position with a squad who have more effective first team experience, then we can rotate the squad with a more confidence. Right now, we have 11 or 12 players who are on the money, the rest could get invaluable experience playing Leicester, put themselves in with a shout of regular first team action, and at the same time we don't end up with any more minor knocks, serious injuries or even suspensions to the players who we need to keep us on the path we're on.

Shambles?? Have you not watched our matches?

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne

It's cursed. Plus we won't win it anyway, City are playing with their strongest team in the competition. Most of the big boys try when it gets to the quarters.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Shambles?? Have you not watched our matches?

I think he meant the results, not the performances in general?

One could describe the points return we achieved from the dominance in stats like possession, xG, and limited opposition shots as a shambles because we should be 6th. If it wasn’t for almost every-shot on target against Ryan going in allied to repeated sloppy finishing from across the team, we’d be witnessing our most successful season ever.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
I wonder if Izquierdo will make it onto the bench again, or does he only do home games for now.

Has to be involved or he's had another setback in his recovery, Propper should be back as well though not sure he's up for a CB role just yet .

CaptainDaveUK

Oct 18, 2010
3-4 changes but hopefully a good team, with strong bench. Chance to try new players.
Something like this. Would love to win. UTA.
——————Sanchez
Alzate - Webster - Dunk - White - Burn
—— Moder - Bissouma - Lallana
Trossard ——- Zeqiri —— Izquierdo

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
It's cursed. Plus we won't win it anyway, City are playing with their strongest team in the competition. Most of the big boys try when it gets to the quarters.

Thought Roger's had said he was playing the youngsters because they have a game at 3pm Saturday

boik

I think he meant the results, not the performances in general?

One could describe the points return we achieved from the dominance in stats like possession, xG, and limited opposition shots as a shambles because we should be 6th. If it wasn’t for almost every-shot on target against Ryan going in allied to repeated sloppy finishing from across the team, we’d be witnessing our most successful season ever.

OK. It's just to me, a word like shambles would be used to describe something that was disorganised and chaotic. Doesn't really apply to results, more to performances.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here