Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Team for Leicester (fa cup)

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Mike Dean will be referee for our cup game on Wednesday. He's revealed him and his family received death threats following his decision to send off Soucek.

As a result he has requested not to officiate next weekend but will still be doing our cup game.

Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk

I don't know ... those cheeky east end scamps

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Andy Naylor thinks the team could look like this...

"Walton; Veltman, White, Dunk, Burn; Lallana, Propper (if fit), Alzate; Tau, Welbeck, Connolly.
Moder and Karbownik in the mix for first appearances, Zeqiri likely to feature too, with a couple of U23s among the subs (from McGill, Jenks, Weir, Khadra)."

there's a press conference at 1.30pm today where Potter will give us updates on fitness and might hint at line up.

https://twitter.com/AndyNaylorBHAFC/status/1358750060037763076

Looks a plausible starting XI to me.

I would say though that if Davy is just coming back from injury, I don't see why you'd take any chances when Moder hasn't had a game yet

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
. Walton

Alzate - Dunk - Dendoncker - Veltman - Karbowink

Tau - Macallister - White- Moder

Wellbeck

1-5-4-1

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
I wonder if Izquierdo will make it onto the bench again, or does he only do home games for now.

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
I think we have a chance of winning this if we take it seriously. This is what Brendon Rodgers just said.

Rodgers ready to make changes
Leicester v Brighton (Wed, 19:30 GMT)

Leicester City

Brendan Rodgers says there "will be changes" on Wednesday, and suggests young players will be given a chance to play.

"We’ll have a strong eleven. We have to consider the month, the amount of games, and the early kick off too [against Liverpool on Saturday]" said the Foxes boss.

"We’ll have a look at some of the talented young guys with us."

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Walton
Veltman
White
Burn
Karbownik
Lallana
Moder
Alzate
Connolly
Welbeck
Tau

I'm struggling with the defence. I want to give them all a rest but we don't have anyone else so I'm only giving Dunk the night off.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Walton
Veltman
White
Burn
Karbownik
Lallana
Moder
Alzate
Connolly
Welbeck
Tau

I'm struggling with the defence. I want to give them all a rest but we don't have anyone else so I'm only giving Dunk the night off.

Incredibly we find ourselves short of central defenders. We've loaned all of them out

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
I hope burn plays and plays well. He got the heebie-jeebies in the league match.

I really want to the two poles to get a go with Tau too. It is amazing how far we have come that even when we rest lots of players we will still be relatively strong and we have loads of injuries.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
we need to play some new/yoof players, so Welbeck and Lallana must be fit to shepherd them.

most of the recent 1st team big guns need a rest, so bench if they're not at home in front of the fire

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
The Palace game is nine days after the Villa game. That is a nice rest time.

The real issue is do we need to rest players for the Villa game with a place in the Cup quarter finals up for grabs.

I don't think the Villa game in itself is that important.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
we need to play some new/yoof players, so Welbeck and Lallana must be fit to shepherd them.

most of the recent 1st team big guns need a rest, so bench if they're not at home in front of the fire

Yeh, I really don't see the need for Trossard and Maupay and Pascal etc to take a coach trip to Leicester.

The youngsters need to know that this is their job to see this through.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I think none of the players at Burnley or Anfield should be involved, at least not in the starting eleven. With the recent tremendous work that's gone on to get us to where we are now, the last thing we need is to crock someone we need on a meaningless game. This year the FA cup is irrelevant, the first half of our season was a disaster, thank goodness it was more of a disaster for Sheffield, West Brom and Fulham. If, and I mean if, we are now in the ascendency then we have to concentrate on that, consolidate us at least 4th from bottom. The bit part players have a chance to impress at Leicester, maybe give us some options as the season progresses, and hopefully some of them might be able to make the step up next season. All IMO of course, which is probably wrong [sic].

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Yeh, I really don't see the need for Trossard and Maupay and Pascal etc to take a coach trip to Leicester.

The youngsters need to know that this is their job to see this through.

Agreed

Webster, Dunk, Gross, Bissouma notably have played lots of full 90 minutes, they should be rested, bit parts for Tross etc

White is young and used to more games, so maybe he can lead in defence. with Burn. Hopefully Propper is fit.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here