Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Team for Cardiff?

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
Of course I will be totally wrong but my guess would be…

4-3-3

Steele

Alzate, Tsoungui, Roberts, Karbo

Moder, Caceido, Mwepu

Leonard, Zeqiri, Richards

It certainly highlights why we’re looking to strengthen the positions we’re reportedly looking to strengthen - that midfield is very strong, but some square pegs in round holes in other areas.

usernamed

Aug 31, 2017
Awesome looking lineup. Loving the bravery (and the chance to see some of these guys in action)

Doesn’t mean it can’t go horribly wrong of course, but I’m really looking forward to this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I fear a repeat of the Villa fiasco a couple of seasons back. Great experience for the youngsters, but eminently winnable trophy that we will likely go out of this evening.

Fingers crossed I'm very wrong. Good luck lads

I think it’s a certainty but I guess you never know for sure.
Expecting Moder to play middle of a back 3 fwiw

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Of course I will be totally wrong but my guess would be…

4-3-3

Steele

Alzate, Tsoungui, Roberts, Karbo

Moder, Caceido, Mwepu

Leonard, Zeqiri, Richards
Yeh, that's pretty much as I see it, as a 4-3-3, althought Leonard could drop back into midfield (which Cardiff are likely to overrun if only three there) and go 4-4-1-1 with Zeqiri up top and Richards at no.10.
Not sure about the positioning within the lines, though - for instance I get the feeling that Karbownik (who we all thought was a LB/LWB when he arrived) won't play there at all, and Alzate would be the LB. Not sure about pitting Caicedo in the centre of midfield either - think we need our stringest, most experienced midfielder there - Moder perhaps?
Have to say it's a very .. ermm ... brave selection, IMHO - and I'm a bot concerned there's none of our 'big guns' in the bench either, just in case ...........

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
For those of us outside of Sussex, does anybody know if MyAlbionTV are going to be transmitting the Radio Sussex commentary (I assume Radio Syssex are doing a commentary)?

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
—————————-Steele—————————-
———Turns———-Tsoungui—-Roberts——
Karbownik——Alzate——Caicedo——Moder
———————Richards——Leonard—————
——————————Zeqiri——————————

How could I have left our Mwepu?

—————————-Steele—————————-
———Moder———-Tsoungui—-Roberts——
Karbownik——Mwepu——Caicedo——Alzate
———————Richards——Leonard—————
——————————Zeqiri——————————

BevBHA

Jan 23, 2017
Yeh, that's pretty much as I see it, as a 4-3-3, althought Leonard could drop back into midfield (which Cardiff are likely to overrun if only three there) and go 4-4-1-1 with Zeqiri up top and Richards at no.10.
Not sure about the positioning within the lines, though - for instance I get the feeling that Karbownik (who we all thought was a LB/LWB when he arrived) won't play there at all, and Alzate would be the LB. Not sure about pitting Caicedo in the centre of midfield either - think we need our stringest, most experienced midfielder there - Moder perhaps?
Have to say it's a very .. ermm ... brave selection, IMHO - and I'm a bot concerned there's none of our 'big guns' in the bench either, just in case ...........

Take all your points, think it will definitely be flexible throughout different phases of the game and in and out of possession. I would say with some certainty that Caceido will be in the centre in the ‘Bissouma position’

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
For those of us outside of Sussex, does anybody know if MyAlbionTV are going to be transmitting the Radio Sussex commentary (I assume Radio Syssex are doing a commentary)?

I can’t see any references to it in the Albion app. Annoying.

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Watching Sussex tonight VS Yorkshire instead. First time I’ve gone for another sport over an Albion game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here