Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] TB Clearly Now Being Outgunned On The EPL Money Front. What's His Next Move?

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Have supported Albion in all divisions and will continue. Before Albion were there, always took a dislike to PL and money involved. With match day income including at Albion such a small part of total income turnover supporters have become less and less important and very much a take it or leave it.
On the subject of thread,no way is Bloom out gunned by PL. Clever man and knew what was in store. If anything is on the right side with £150m in bank hopefully available to strengthen team. Just important we make right decisions. My only concern is with Potter we would be confident transfer money would be spent wisely Hope we can say same in near future.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
It’s always happened.
Lawrenson, Ward, Saunders, Robinson, and even managers were cherry picked, Coppell, and Adams.

It’s the football food chain, the only difference is, now we have far more attractive employees at our club for richer clubs.

If we stop having players, managers being poached by the big boys it will be because they are not thought good enough, then the complaint on here will be biblica

P.S. As a club there is nothing we can do to stop this, and maintain our fairly unusual USP.

https://images.app.goo.gl/yWNh7pVJyoVQ8DhJ6

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
The answer is really simple and staring people in the face. Employ a shit manager and a few pony players. No one will want either when we're in a relegation battle or the Championship.

Easy really...!

Exactly, we simply need to get shit again and all our problems are over. Thankfully 'our' Graham has given us a big helping hand, and will doubtless further lend his support to the project when the transfer window reopens. Everyone's a winner!
:)

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
None of the above - the club will continue to be carefully run within its budget constraints. A new manager will be appointed & the club will carry on .

Every year that we stay in the PL makes the squad better overall .

If we did get relegated , we are in a better position than most with a significant number of players on loan in the championship, so even losing a few current first team players wouldn’t necessary stop a promotion campaign
A year ago, maybe (6) - this season only two, and only one of those has kicked a ball so fat - and I don't think he's actually started a match.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
The same top 6 clubs from nearly every year for the last 20 years? They also happen to be the richest clubs.
Newcastle will not be outgunned

boik

For sure. Tho now we just get cherry-picked by Big Six as soon as we we get ideas above our station. And all those kiddies coming through the academy production line? You can bet your life that every single one of those, and their parents, has their eyes set on a Big Six dream life for all

But we don't need to stop it. Why risk selling a stake in the club to raise money when we can develop players and sell the to the Big 6 to raise money.

If you seriously think we can challenge the Big 6 permanently then this isn't the club for you. Enjoy giving them a bloody nose on a regular basis and not getting relegated. (hopefully!).

ConfusedGloryHunter

He/him/his/that muppet
Jul 6, 2011
Daft to say TB is "now being outgunned", it implies he was trying to take them on in some sort of bidding war. The current strategy is all about finding good players and selling a few of them on to the idiots with too much money. This strategy seems to be going a treat - he even got some money for the management team! So I imagine his next move is to shrug and dust off his top secret list of potential managers.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Why would he change? What we’re doing is clearly working. One grasping **** walking out on us shouldn’t be allowed to derail our progress, we’re just as well run off the field today as we were this time last week when everyone was singing our praises.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I’d have thought the OP would be happy now the clueless Arctic Benny had gone

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
I get to see the Chairman at most games, albeit from a distance, and I recognise him in the street. If I said hello I know he'd answer me and speak to me. My club is a local club supported by locals mainly. Hotels don't sell out at home games to football tourists. No, this is Brighton & Hove Albion. We do it our way and, even if it means finishing 17th, we will always do it our way and be proud that we didn't cheat our way to the top. Take a look at our hospitality. Mullerys Restaurant not some overseas country sponsorship***
Amex is local, the pies are local, the ale is local and yet we could easily sell these out to huge companies for £millions.
No, I'm happy we can stand proud at our success knowing we haven't cheated our way to the top. It also makes those 4:0, 0:2 & 5:2 results all the sweeter.

***Will Brunos Restaurant be renamed?

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
I get to see the Chairman at most games, albeit from a distance, and I recognise him in the street. If I said hello I know he'd answer me and speak to me. My club is a local club supported by locals mainly. Hotels don't sell out at home games to football tourists. No, this is Brighton & Hove Albion. We do it our way and, even if it means finishing 17th, we will always do it our way and be proud that we didn't cheat our way to the top. Take a look at our hospitality. Mullerys Restaurant not some overseas country sponsorship***
Amex is local, the pies are local, the ale is local and yet we could easily sell these out to huge companies for £millions.
No, I'm happy we can stand proud at our success knowing we haven't cheated our way to the top. It also makes those 4:0, 0:2 & 5:2 results all the sweeter.

***Will Brunos Restaurant be renamed?

This with bells on ^^^^^^

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I believe that Uncle Tone's next move will be to appoint a new team

carryon.jpg

and Carry on Regardless :thumbsup:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I have long thought we would peak with Potter, we will be going backwards for a while now I fear. Peaks and Troughs but it has been fun for a while and whatever the reasons we have been left in the shit.

All part of being a football fan not just an Albion one, staying up will be the order of the day whilst the new manager settles in, unless he is brilliant or shit.

Staying on the roller coaster

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I believe that Uncle Tone's next move will be to appoint a new team

View attachment 151754

and Carry on Regardless :thumbsup:

My main concern, which is probably a main concern of most others also, is how does Tony Bloom stop the exact same thing happening again that happened this past week? What safeguards can he put in place should, say, Newcastle, take a fancy to our entire first team coaching staff?

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
My main concern, which is probably a main concern of most others also, is how does Tony Bloom stop the exact same thing happening again that happened this past week? What safeguards can he put in place should, say, Newcastle, take a fancy to our entire first team coaching staff?
He can't do anything sadly !!

We are pretty much starting from scratch now so won't have to worry about this again for a while.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here