Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] TB Clearly Now Being Outgunned On The EPL Money Front. What's His Next Move?

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
The big boys will keep sending many tens of millions Tony's way in terms of compensation and transfer fees.

Why can't we stay up there?

I'd fancy a Russell Martin (or whomever) managed current Albion squad to turn over a Potter managed bunch of Chelsea mis-fits and egos on 29th October. Especially if Sarmiento (next big hope) is back to full fitness

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Venture capitalists on board?

Bigger non-Arab entity takes bigger stake?

Just sells up and says F*ck this for a game of solders?

Well? ???

Events of the past few days and all the way back to defection of slimeball Ashworth?

For sure. Tho now we just get cherry-picked by Big Six as soon as we we get ideas above our station. And all those kiddies coming through the academy production line? You can bet your life that every single one of those, and their parents, has their eyes set on a Big Six dream life for all

As somebody WAY smarter than you says further down the thread, it's a valid question. Probably THE most important question of the next few years for non-thickos. How does TB stop the rot of The Big Six just cherry-picking all the talent that would take us to the next level?

Jeez - you must be an absolute hoot at a party. Stop being so fvcking negative. Although being a Scot I guess that's quite difficult.

In answer to your question - none of the options. TB has always said he won't sell and I for one believe him. If you're so desperate for hundreds of millions of investment more than TB has already put in then go and support one of the big six - might I suggest Chelsea as they seem to fit your criteria.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Daresay TB loves the club. Tho that is no way relevant. The question is how he stops the rot of The Big Six plundering our top talent at will

How do you ‘stop’ the richer teams coming in and pillaging? You can’t, it’s the same in real life, rich companies buy up all the littler companies ideas when they come up with something new and the circle of bullshit continues.

The simple answer is, as everyone has said, the only way is budget caps, whilst some teams have owners who have unlimited cash stacks there is literally nothing you can do to stop it, even if Bloom sold half the club to some money balls he still wouldn’t risk the clubs future with frivolous unsustainable spending.

This whole thing with Chelsea has made me more grateful, I was fuming at first because all the progress we’ve made has just been wiped out with a massive bag of cash, but then… there’s nothing we can do about it and at least we retain some integrity as a club.

Hopefully the ‘super league’ bollocks happens and then we can restructure this nonsensical football pyramid.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Thread needs a poll.

Here's one.

250px-Poll_dorset.jpg

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
Tbf, he’s never ruled out selling a stake in the club. Maybe 20% at some point to some filthy rich venture capitalist?

I wouldn’t mind, as long as he still had control over the club.

Er .... yes he has.

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
For what it's worth I'd rather be a club producing talent from cheap transfers and then selling on than some huge investor throwing money at the club. Why ? Because that makes us sustainable - which is one of TBs aims - and means we don't ever end up in the mess the **** Archer and his criminal gang left us in.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Agree, a very valid and important question. We have no chance of progressing unless there is a way to reduce the likelihood of our best players and manager jumping ship at the first opportunity. More investement/new partners would seem to be the way forward.

Top 10 with a Brighton fan as the owner or top 4 with some mass murderer as the owner?

To me there is no question. But then again I'm not a real fan so maybe I can't appreciate all the good stuff some kind of wealthier arab version of Fred West could do with the club.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Agree, a very valid and important question. We have no chance of progressing unless there is a way to reduce the likelihood of our best players and manager jumping ship at the first opportunity. More investement/new partners would seem to be the way forward.

But don't let that stop the half-bright NSC echo chamber doing a little pile-on rather than thinking things through for themselves. F*ck 'em :lol:

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Daresay TB loves the club. Tho that is no way relevant. The question is how he stops the rot of The Big Six plundering our top talent at will. Don't see how that will ever happen all the ehile the club maintains an EPL Pound Shop budget

He can't stop the rot. Nobody can.

It's about finding, and understanding, our place with the rest of the maggots :shrug:

We will never, ever, be one of those clubs that doesn't need to worry about having players poached.

To quote some bearded tosser who used to manage us: "it is what it is"

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
Ok. Can you post the quote?

Bit difficult given it was verbal. It was shortly after he gained full control of the club at either a press conference or a Fan's Forum. Basically he said he would never sell, would always retain full control and when he dies it would pass to his son. Can you provide the quote about him being willing to sell a slice of the club ?

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
For what it's worth I'd rather be a club producing talent from cheap transfers and then selling on than some huge investor throwing money at the club. Why ? Because that makes us sustainable - which is one of TBs aims - and means we don't ever end up in the mess the **** Archer and his criminal gang left us in.

Sure, but any success is tainted by the lurking dread of being pillaged off the back of it, so it's not overly enjoyable or relaxing. Us 'developing talent' for the big six is not a mouthwatering prospect.

(I do have Scottish heritage)

Wokeworrier

Aug 7, 2021
West sussex/travelling
Top 10 with a Brighton fan as the owner or top 4 with some mass murderer as the owner?

To me there is no question. But then again I'm not a real fan so maybe I can't appreciate all the good stuff some kind of wealthier arab version of Fred West could do with the club.

Tedious strawman argument. Looking for more investement/partners doesn't automatically mean selling out to some despotic regime!

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Bit difficult given it was verbal. It was shortly after he gained full control of the club at either a press conference or a Fan's Forum. Basically he said he would never sell, would always retain full control and when he dies it would pass to his son. Can you provide the quote about him being willing to sell a slice of the club ?

Ok. You can sell a % and still have control. Besides, people and circumstances change. Especially in business.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Jeez - you must be an absolute hoot at a party. Stop being so fvcking negative. Although being a Scot I guess that's quite difficult.

In answer to your question - none of the options. TB has always said he won't sell and I for one believe him. If you're so desperate for hundreds of millions of investment more than TB has already put in then go and support one of the big six - might I suggest Chelsea as they seem to fit your criteria.

Well said.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
As somebody WAY smarter than you says further down the thread, it's a valid question. Probably THE most important question of the next few years for non-thickos. How does TB stop the rot of The Big Six just cherry-picking all the talent that would take us to the next level?

He doesn't. That's the plan, for sustainabiity and continuing PL football.Sell White from the academy for £50M - the team looked better and finished higher the next season. Buy Bissouma and sell him for £25-£35M, Caicedo in place for <£10M. Buy Cucurella for £15M(?), sell for £60M give or take, rinse and repeat. Sold five players this summer for >£100M (Biss, Cucu, Maupay, Ostigard and Clarke) plus we'll have got a few bob for Cochrane and Molumby too - and the team is (was) playing even better than last season.

Progression - it's worked for us; buy cheap, sell large and buy better. Yeh, I think TB's got a perfectly good plan. Potter leaving too quickly and too soon is a massive hiccough, but the plan still remains. The 'rot' will only start setting in if and when top clubs stop 'cherry-picking' our players (for huge amounts).

Last edited:

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Venture capitalists on board?

Bigger non-Arab entity takes bigger stake?

Just sells up and says F*ck this for a game of solders?

Well? ???

None of the above - the club will continue to be carefully run within its budget constraints. A new manager will be appointed & the club will carry on .

Every year that we stay in the PL makes the squad better overall .

If we did get relegated , we are in a better position than most with a significant number of players on loan in the championship , so even losing a few current first team players wouldn’t necessary stop a promotion campaign

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here