Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] TB Clearly Now Being Outgunned On The EPL Money Front. What's His Next Move?

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
My main concern, which is probably a main concern of most others also, is how does Tony Bloom stop the exact same thing happening again that happened this past week? What safeguards can he put in place should, say, Newcastle, take a fancy to our entire first team coaching staff?

That's life matey. Nothing lasts for ever. TB will continue to 'insure against the risk' by putting tasty buy out clauses into contracts.

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
My main concern, which is probably a main concern of most others also, is how does Tony Bloom stop the exact same thing happening again that happened this past week? What safeguards can he put in place should, say, Newcastle, take a fancy to our entire first team coaching staff?

The only way he does that is to appoint a manager that is not going to be wanted by a bigger club. For that to happen they can’t be successful.

I’d much rather our manager does an incredible job for a few years then gets poached by a Chelsea, than a manager who doesn’t do too well and ends with us getting rid.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

He can't. He won't. That's it.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
The only way he does that is to appoint a manager that is not going to be wanted by a bigger club. For that to happen they can’t be successful.

I’d much rather our manager does an incredible job for a few years then gets poached by a Chelsea, than a manager who doesn’t do too well and ends with us getting rid.

Yup. On the plus side, there are far fewer clubs now that are a step up from us than ever before.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Yup. On the plus side, there are far fewer clubs now that are a step up from us than ever before.

THIS !

Is there anyone outside of the big 6 who are a more attractive proposition to good managers ???

That certainly wasn't the case a few years ago (or even when we recruited Potter)

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

A cliche, but I think try to live in the moment and enjoy what we have at the time. Second guessing and being concerned about potential stuff way down the line, serves no happy purpose.

I’m sure a very switched-on Tony Bloom will always make all the right legal and pecuniary moves to protect the club’s position.

Relax. Life’s too short.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here