Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Taylor Hawkins Foo Fighters drummer RIP

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
A massive loss. An amazing drummer and great musician full stop.

Just finished Dave Grohl's book and it was clear how close they were. After Kurt Cobain and now this not sure if he'll carry on.

Yeah this was my immeadiatley thought after sorrow. Not sure how Grohl can bounce back after this one. The kurt thing must have been horrific at such a young age but what I gather from his book is that he and Taylor were actually extremely close. Can’t see him carrying with the FF without him.

Petunia

Living the dream
NSC Patron
May 8, 2013
Downunder
So, so sad. Gone far too soon.
RIP Taylor😥

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
A massive loss. An amazing drummer and great musician full stop.

Just finished Dave Grohl's book and it was clear how close they were. After Kurt Cobain and now this not sure if he'll carry on.

My thoughts entirely. The fact that they had grown so close will make it even harder.

How can you replace Taylor who had already done the impossible by being the drummer in a brilliant drummers band, and then gone on to be one of his closest friends?

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
I'm gutted. Taylor always came across as a down to earth fun loving bloke and an exceptional musician. Foo Fighters were always on my to see list but I never quite got round to it, now it looks like I never will as like others have said I can't see how Dave Grohl will carry on with FF now.

My oldest has started playing the drums and is pretty good, it's been the drumming of the likes of Taylor Hawkins and Dave Grohl that I've been pushing him to watch. I've not seen the Steve White Art of Drumming series yet but I think we are going to try and enjoy it together over the weekend.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
First saw him in Hyde Park in 1996 as the drummer for Alanis Morissette - amazing career and a great guy off stage. Met him a couple of times after gigs in the early years and always had time to speak to fans and sign autographs. Will be sadly missed.

Foul Play Rocks

Feb 23, 2013
RIP Taylor. Great drummer and always seemed like such a nice guy.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
RIP

He starred in the Steve White fronted Documentary about drummers, seemd a top top bloke.

Bloody good drummer too.

Not seen this; I will look it up.

I’m not a major fan of Foo Fighters, they’re undoubtedly talented though, but I have watched a hell of a lot of interviews and read a lot about Taylor primarily because he’s such an interesting and engaging personality. I get the impression he’s a fan first, and a musician second. I do not mean this in any way negatively as he’s an exceptional and also a well studied musician. But what fueled all of this is just a simple love of music. He’s a guy who has achieved everything, has probably met most of his heroes, but still spoke about bands with a teenage fan’s enthusiasm.

It’s a sad day.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Utterly gutted by this. My wife and I share a love of the Foo Fighters. He will be sorely missed and he was such a lovely fellow as well as talented.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Perry Farrell, man, such a stylish dude.

So true. I read this quote a few weeks back…the last line made me chuckle.

Vedder then added: “Guns N’ Roses came out and, thank God, at least had some teeth. But I’m circling back to say that one thing that I appreciated was that in Seattle and the alternative crowd, the girls could wear their combat boots and sweaters, and their hair looked like Cat Power’s and not Heather Locklear’s — nothing against her. They weren’t selling themselves short. They could have an opinion and be respected. I think that’s a change that lasted. It sounds so trite, but before then it was bustiers. The only person who wore a bustier in the ’90s that I could appreciate was Perry Farrell.”

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
If you run across a motorway often enough you will get killed eventually.

Addiction is a hell of a thing.

You can do your best to convince your brain that the fleeting euphoria isn't worth it but it's a razor thin line to walk.

If it turns out to be due to his addiction it only makes a sad story sadder. That a body and mind as talented as his can be brought to heel like this.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Addiction is a hell of a thing.

You can do your best to convince your brain that the fleeting euphoria isn't worth it but it's a razor thin line to walk.

If it turns out to be due to his addiction it only makes a sad story sadder. That a body and mind as talented as his can be brought to heel like this.

I find it difficult to watch the eulogies about his larger than life character etc. If it came from the drugs then that wasn’t him, which makes it exploitative. I feel sorry for him battling whatever demons he was facing.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I find it difficult to watch the eulogies about his larger than life character etc. If it came from the drugs then that wasn’t him, which makes it exploitative. I feel sorry for him battling whatever demons he was facing.

Substance abuse influences one's behaviour, not one's character.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

I've been using caffeine daily for 15 years or so... does that make me "not me"?

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
I've been using caffeine daily for 15 years or so... does that make me "not me"?

Just a personal opinion. I’ve never liked being around people on drugs or drink as I like to know the real person. I don’t know you so who knows. Perhaps we would get on famously. Anyway, I didn’t mean anything negative and feel very sorry for Taylor Hawkins and his family.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here