Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Taxi for Miliband ?

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Nope.

Vince Cable

A much better option but it pre-supposes that the Lib Dems won't get annihilated at the polls. I reckon they're going to be lucky to get 30 seats max. It will be interesting if it does come down to the Lib Dems as Clegg has already tied them into supporting whoever is the largest party at the next election but if that's the Tories then this is bound to be extremely unpopular with his core voters who, by and large, are left of the current Labour party but supporting a minority Labour government (or even majority) might just sign the death knell for his own party in the South.

As it is, I think they'll get wiped out and a gradual return to pre-SDP levels of support nationally.

Tubby Mondays

Dec 8, 2005
A Crack House
A much better option but it pre-supposes that the Lib Dems won't get annihilated at the polls. I reckon they're going to be lucky to get 30 seats max. It will be interesting if it does come down to the Lib Dems as Clegg has already tied them into supporting whoever is the largest party at the next election but if that's the Tories then this is bound to be extremely unpopular with his core voters who, by and large, are left of the current Labour party but supporting a minority Labour government (or even majority) might just sign the death knell for his own party in the South.

As it is, I think they'll get wiped out and a gradual return to pre-SDP levels of support nationally.

I think they will hang on to quite a few seats though. They have in bye-elections which is when you would expect them to get a kicking. I don't think Labour would agree to Clegg being Deputy Prime Minister though, and he would probably have to resign, maybe for Cable.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I think they will hang on to quite a few seats though. They have in bye-elections which is when you would expect them to get a kicking. I don't think Labour would agree to Clegg being Deputy Prime Minister though, and he would probably have to resign, maybe for Cable.

I'm not sure they have hung on and it's getting worse and worse with each by-election. I took this info from Wiki for by-elections in this parliament.

24w4sax.jpg

I think on that showing, Clegg will resign after the next election leaving Cable as leader, but as you say, there's no way Labour would agree to Clegg as deputy.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
TBH Cameron, Clegg and Milliband are the 3 most incompetent of people and i for 1 want none of them in charge if it can be helped. I wonder what goes on in their parties heads when they vote these idiots to be in charge. If these are the best people to run our country then god save us all!!!

Tubby Mondays

Dec 8, 2005
A Crack House
I'm not sure they have hung on and it's getting worse and worse with each by-election. I took this info from Wiki for by-elections in this parliament.

24w4sax.jpg

I think on that showing, Clegg will resign after the next election leaving Cable as leader, but as you say, there's no way Labour would agree to Clegg as deputy.

Blimey!

I hadn't realised theyd done that badly!

I mustve only remembered the Eastleigh one.

Yep theyre doomed!

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
No, not for myself, I'm just reporting what's happening in the real world: from yesterday's Independent. "In the US since May 2010 real wages are flat, whereas in the UK they are down between 8 per cent and 10 per cent, depending on whether you use the Consumer Price Index or the Retail Price Index as a deflator."
And how is the US deficit doing?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
TBH Cameron, Clegg and Milliband are the 3 most incompetent of people and i for 1 want none of them in charge if it can be helped. I wonder what goes on in their parties heads when they vote these idiots to be in charge. If these are the best people to run our country then god save us all!!!

Milliband, Really? He's going to save the NHS, eliminate the Government's annual budget deficit, see HS rail projects through as well as new runways/capacity at Gatwick or Heathrow, build more homes, bring in a mansion tax, and tackle the cost of living crisis.

He sounds competent.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Taxi?

Surely a man of the people such as him would only ever travel by public transport.

Taxis are cheaper than public transport these days.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Milliband, Really? He's going to save the NHS, eliminate the Government's annual budget deficit, see HS rail projects through as well as new runways/capacity at Gatwick or Heathrow, build more homes, bring in a mansion tax, and tackle the cost of living crisis.

He sounds competent.

So does Cameron - http://www.greenbenchesuk.com/2013/10/list-100-failures-by-david-camerons.html

Osborne's doing well too - http://www.scribd.com/doc/198579195/George-Osborne-s-100-worst-economic-failures-by-Eoin-Clarke

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here