Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tax credit , is wonderfull .

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
I thought Romanians preffered to work in Italy because apparently the launguage is easier to learn. He wouldn't come here becuase of the benefits would he?

Well it's true, some languages are easier to grasp than others......

D

Deleted member 22389

Well it's true, some languages are easier to grasp than others......

I'm actually more concerned with the money I have paid in to the system going to people who have made little or no contribution.
About sums up the priority and attitude in this country really. More worried about someone else's spelling, than somebody who is taking the system for everything they can get, because we have gone soft.

Paid in to this system for 20+ years myself and hardly got a penny out of this government. Same with my dad, worked hard all his life, lost his job. When he wanted help he couldn't get any because he had saved his money.
If my father was alive now he would be saying the same as me, the country has turned in to a joke and we are all paying for it.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
The powers that be love people blaming immigration for inequality, because it's a problem that can't go away - especially in a capitalist society which NEEDS it.

The blokes a model citizen. Hard working, family man and even a man of faith. But the rags love to fuel xenophobia in us, even though this family won't cost us personally a penny in our lifetimes.

The reality is that it's the wealthy ruling classes who are responsible for our struggles, the growing inequality. The richest 1000 people in Britain increased their personal wealth by a record breaking £65 billion last year! This absolutely dwarfs the amount of cuts being made to welfare and other vital public services.

Lot's of truth there.

As far as I can see the bloke is hard-working (even the Express admit this). He earns £1,800 a month as an electrician.

If there's a problem, it's that he and his wife can't stop reproducing. The fact that they are from Romania has nothing to do with it. If he wanted to live on benefits then he'd give up work.

He and his wife have 17 kids. They're taking the benefits they are entitled to, which are grossly inflated because they have 17 kids. It's just maths.

I'm sure a lot of us are wondering why he's got 17 kids. It can't be fun all cooped up in a 3 bedroom house. It wouldn't even be fun in a 6 bedroom house.

There's something else at play here. His eldest daughter speaks fluent English. The kids are growing up in England. They'll be more English than Romanian in 10 year's time. So, look at it this way, he and his wife have created 17 future taxpayers. They've got a great role model in their father who is 'hard-working' and their elder sister who is studying business at college. As we live in an ageing population, we need as many new taxpayers as possible.

I'd still invest in a vasectomy if I were him.

D

Deleted member 22389

Lot's of truth there.

As far as I can see the bloke is hard-working (even the Express admit this). He earns £1,800 a month as an electrician.

If there's a problem, it's that he and his wife can't stop reproducing. The fact that they are from Romania has nothing to do with it. If he wanted to live on benefits then he'd give up work.

He and his wife have 17 kids. They're taking the benefits they are entitled to, which are grossly inflated because they have 17 kids. It's just maths.

I'm sure a lot of us are wondering why he's got 17 kids. It can't be fun all cooped up in a 3 bedroom house. It wouldn't even be fun in a 6 bedroom house.

There's something else at play here. His eldest daughter speaks fluent English. The kids are growing up in England. They'll be more English than Romanian in 10 year's time. So, look at it this way, he and his wife have created 17 future taxpayers. They've got a great role model in their father who is 'hard-working' and their elder sister who is studying business at college. As we live in an ageing population, we need as many new taxpayers as possible.

Yes he has 17 Children, who I personally think will all be looking for minimum wage jobs in the future. That is the reality of the situation now and I believe that will be the reality for many years to come.
We just don't have enough decent jobs for everyone and that is the problem. For a start we don't manufacture enough, and so all the jobs are left in the service sector which generally don't pay as well. Employers can also treat people how they like which is why we have so many zero hour contracts.

As companies become more reliant on technology they will not need so many people, which means less jobs for all.

SI 4 BHA

Nov 12, 2003
westdene, brighton
All people should live comfortably and parenting is the most important job in society bar none. I would not say raising a family of 16 on £55k is easy, or even comfortable.

Don't resent other comparably poor people. Resent the wealthy ruling classes who rip you off, corrupt our politics and are apparently convincing you that it's other poor people that are to blame.

As technological advancements make industries ultra-efficient (as a result making the shareholders considerably richer while employing significantly less people), there will be increasing obsolescence of jobs as they are replaced by computers, robots and machines. We are already seeing the repercussions of this in the form of lower wages, zero hour and temporary contracts. We need to prepare for a world where not everyone has to work, or at the very least increase wages and reduce the 40 hour working week. Either way, don't begrudge job seekers, the disabled, single parents and everyone else the pittance that they are getting - it's only a tiny amount of money in comparison to what you are losing from corporate tax loopholes, offshore tax avoidance, etc. Besides, it's important to remember that the richest people in society, the 1% of people who own 40% of the worlds wealth, don't work either.

Well the UK tax gap as estimated by HMRC was £35billion for 2011/12, of which they estimate just £4b is tax avoidance with evasion including crime and the hidden economy coming in at around £15b. These are HMRc's own figures which, as anyone working in the industry knows are likely to be on the low side, particularly the evasion figures, as it looks rather bad on HMRC if they admit evasion is even higher. So in fact, contrary to what you might believe, avoidance is a pretty small part of the tax gap, even by HMRCs own admissions but it is great for them to highlight the avoidance cases they win in the media so the masses think they are doing a good job, as it deflects criticism from the fact that they haven't a clue about how to deal with illegal evasion.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Yes he has 17 Children, who I personally think will all be looking for minimum wage jobs in the future. That is the reality of the situation now and I believe that will be the reality for many years to come.
We just don't have enough decent jobs for everyone and that is the problem. For a start we don't manufacture enough, and so all the jobs are left in the service sector which generally don't pay as well. Employers can also treat people how they like which is why we have so many zero hour contracts.

I agree with that too.

Be great if the Express ran an article on that. They probably think that's too complex for dumbed-down Britain.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Lot's of truth there.

What if their 17 kids each have 17 kids and they all sign on? There should be a cap of 5 children in the country

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
What if their 17 kids each have 17 kids and they all sign on? There should be a cap of 5 children in the country

Chairman Wrong Direction.

What if you could pay extra to have six? Say some sliding scale of payments. That way only the rich would be entitled to have lots of kids.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Chairman Wrong Direction.

What if you could pay extra to have six? Say some sliding scale of payments. That way only the rich would be entitled to have lots of kids.

No, no one needs more then five kids nowadays, there's not enough room or jobs for them

D

Deleted member 22389

I agree with that too.

Be great if the Express ran an article on that. They probably think that's too complex for dumbed-down Britain.

800 homes are going to be built in Newhaven. For me the issue is capacity. As it stands now there is less manufacturing in Newhaven than there was 10 years ago since Parker Pen shut up shop. Where are all these people going to find work. Absolutely no consideration to the existing infrastructure and to the jobs available. I'm done with BS that these homes will create jobs, they will create one off jobs only and will be built for the cheapest prices possible to make the maximum amount of profit, like always. End result, the area just becomes more congested, and the services you rely on take longer to access.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
I'm actually more concerned with the money I have paid in to the system going to people who have made little or no contribution.
About sums up the priority and attitude in this country really. More worried about someone else's spelling, than somebody who is taking the system for everything they can get, because we have gone soft.

Paid in to this system for 20+ years myself and hardly got a penny out of this government. Same with my dad, worked hard all his life, lost his job. When he wanted help he couldn't get any because he had saved his money.
If my father was alive now he would be saying the same as me, the country has turned in to a joke and we are all paying for it.

I've paid in to the system for a lot longer than you and probably a lot more than you but I fail to get as steamed up as you about "spongers" unless you include staggeringly rich people like Bernie Ecclestone who, earlier this year, avoided a £1.2bn tax bill through a clandestine deal with HMRC.

The tax avoided by a handful of immensely wealthy individuals and companies based in this country would comfortably pay for the scrounging of all families targetted by the gutter press.

D

Deleted member 22389

I've paid in to the system for a lot longer than you and probably a lot more than you but I fail to get as steamed up as you about "spongers" unless you include staggeringly rich people like Bernie Ecclestone who, earlier this year, avoided a £1.2bn tax bill through a clandestine deal with HMRC.

The tax avoided by a handful of immensely wealthy individuals and companies based in this country would comfortably pay for the scrounging of all families targetted by the gutter press.

Well they need to pay too don't they. Trouble is they employ people, and to take the money away from them will mean less people will get employment.
That is more important to the government than anything else because it effects the figures.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010

Yes, 5 in the country and 4 in the city, there's less room.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley

I'll bet that Bernie Ecclestone paid more tax than you did though ;)

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
No, no one needs more then five kids nowadays, there's not enough room or jobs for them

I agree that we need to reduce the global population, not increase it. I don't think putting bans or limits in place is going to work. What are you going to do if someone has a sixth - chop his todger off?

Caps are needed, but different types of caps.

Education is undoubtedly going to play a role in changing things, as would prosperity. Look at many people wanting to start a family now who have been putting off having children until later years and then suddenly discovering they can't have children.

I'm not aware of how much our population is being put under strain by masses of children. I do know that the data points to lots of skills shortages coming up in our society in the coming years. The question is whether we've actually trained youngsters for the right jobs.

More important is the gap between rich and poor. We all know what happens in recession - we shag more.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I agree that we need to reduce the global population, not increase it. I don't think putting bans or limits in place is going to work. What are you going to do if someone has a sixth - chop his todger off?

Caps are needed, but different types of caps.

Education is undoubtedly going to play a role in changing things, as would prosperity. Look at many people wanting to start a family now who have been putting off having children until later years and then suddenly discovering they can't have children.

I'm not aware of how much our population is being put under strain by masses of children. I do know that the data points to lots of skills shortages coming up in our society in the coming years. The question is whether we've actually trained youngsters for the right jobs.

More important is the gap between rich and poor. We all know what happens in recession - we shag more.

Yeah I agree with all of this, education is key.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Well they need to pay too don't they. Trouble is they employ people, and to take the money away from them will mean less people will get employment.
That is more important to the government than anything else because it effects the figures.

Do you seriously believe that?

That world disappeared long ago. The only people that most mega wealthy employ are housekeepers and gardeners and other people involved with their personal comfort. They make their billions from a variety of legal investments such as property and financial transactions (e.g. venture capital) and no doubt a number of illegal investments too. By chance they may have invested in a factory employing people through one of their business deals but they are completely removed from employing those workers.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here