Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tattoo cover up

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
Evening all.

Was wondering if anyone on here know's their stuff regarding tats..?

I have a fairly large tat on my upper arm mainly black and grey but with a little colour, I'm looking to get this covered up / added to, to form a sleeve.

The design of sleeve I want is black and grey and I don't feel it would really suit my current tattoo.

Does anyone know if sleeve designs can cover up current large tattoo's? And can they eliminate the colour? Perhaps someone has a similar experience?

I understand that the best thing to do is go down to the tattooist to talk about it but this is difficult to do at the moment for me due to work commitments.

albion534

Mar 4, 2010
Brighton, United Kingdom
Anythings Possible as long as it's nothing outrageous

I go to tattoo workshop just off London road, to a guy named Stuart, have a look of at his website, I would 1000% recommend him

But it's true, you need to book yourself him to see him, same with any artist

bobzam

Brighton 'til I die
Aug 13, 2008
Bristol
Had mine done less than 2 weeks ago so def possible. Need to research and find a top tattooist tho.

Wickerman

Aug 24, 2011
Horam
My son is an amazing tattooist. Check out his Facebook page at Ten Tonne Tattoo. He's done some fabulous cover ups.

Wickerman

Aug 24, 2011
Horam
Forgot to say his name is Oli Sugars and he lives in Brighton. Facebook page under that name too with a great coverup image

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Depending on the size ot the tattoo you want to cover then something along the lines of a maori style for the upper arm and shoulder could probably do the job

green

Jul 7, 2009
Covering up a large tattoo can be a bit of a problem, especially as you're looking for something different - intergrating your existing tattoo might mean you'll have to compromise a little. You need to speak to a few tattooist first and see what they think can be done. Some tattooist's can certainly do amazing cover ups, but it might be worth while having a few sessions under a laser (this should lighten up the black and grey ink and make it a lot easier to cover up).

Bear in mind though, laser treatment isn't cheap and takes a few sessions before the ink starts to fade.

Crackpot

Jun 4, 2011
Upper North Street
Anyone who has a brother,sister,son,daughter,dad,mum,cousin,boyfriend,mate,neighbour who is a tattooist will say he,she or they are or is the best,ever...and can do anything,everything better than anyone else ever has or will do on planet Earth.

Of course,anyone who has had a tattoo will say their tattooist is the best that ever was or is or will be.

The most ridiculous question on forums is who is the best tattooist. And that gets the most ridiculous answers too.

Just thought I would mention it.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
Anyone who has a brother,sister,son,daughter,dad,mum,cousin,boyfriend,mate,neighbour who is a tattooist will say he,she or they are or is the best,ever...and can do anything,everything better than anyone else ever has or will do on planet Earth.

Of course,anyone who has had a tattoo will say their tattooist is the best that ever was or is or will be.

The most ridiculous question on forums is who is the best tattooist. And that gets the most ridiculous answers too.

I won't check out your other 56 posts, I'm not to sure I could stand the excitement!! :lol:

LABHA

Feb 9, 2009
Littlehampton,Wick actually
If its too big and bold get some Lazer treatment and fade it 60%~~70% then go from there, it f***ing hurts though, but better in the long run, rather than just having something more on ya body your not 100% happy with.

brightoon

Jun 13, 2011
If its too big and bold get some Lazer treatment and fade it 60%~~70% then go from there, it f***ing hurts though, but better in the long run, rather than just having something more on ya body your not 100% happy with.

Just out of interest, how many laser sessions would you need to fade a black/grey tattoo that much, or get rid completely ? Reason I ask is that I'm also after a rework or cover up on a large tattoo and was thinking about laser treatment.

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ

WOW!!! Thanks for that. You post clearly falls into the ridiculous answers category.

NickBHAFC18

Feb 24, 2012
Brighton
Anythings Possible as long as it's nothing outrageous

I go to tattoo workshop just off London road, to a guy named Stuart, have a look of at his website, I would 1000% recommend him

But it's true, you need to book yourself him to see him, same with any artist

Is that the place Baker Street? Candy something, can't remember the rest of the name.

albion534

Mar 4, 2010
Brighton, United Kingdom

But my tattooist is the best!

NickBHAFC18

Feb 24, 2012
Brighton
That's skin candy! A lot of people rave about it

It's called tattoo workshop. Stuart used to be at angelic hell by prince regent, but opens his new place

That's the one! I got mine done there a few years ago. It's a family run business and they are really good at what they do. Someone at the gym came up to me the other day and enquired as to where I had it done. Highly recommend them.

I am looking to get a half sleeve done within the next year or so, I'll certainly check that place out!

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
Cherub-wings-cover-up-large.jpg
sugar-skull-girl-face-cover-up-large.jpg
cover-up01.gif

cover-up02.gif
cover-up03.gif
cover-up04.gif

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
Couple of Images from Seven Sins in Horley cover up, loads more but at work and just posted the first one I found, good tattooists

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here