Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Taskmaster 4 new series commissioned

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The random wheel of YouTube recommendations sent me down this rabbit hole. This morning, I watched a full episode of Norwegian Taskmaster. The Taskmaster is no Greg Davies but the assistant is quite Alex. And the second series that I watched the first of has a bisexual Handball Olympian. And English subtitles. One of the tasks is put on the best Show Jumping tournament. Another is a twist on the Swede guy in the UK where they have to understand a very attractive Finn.

They also have Spanish, American and Finnish so I might have to delve in. I did watch the first 10 minutes of the first Spanish one and the Taskmaster is a very shouty lady with a different looking set and 6 contestants.

BTW - you need to turn on the subtitles - they appear as Sign Language on my Sky box.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSEY7jXuUG7afSk4KvMrUbg/videos

As the post above yours suggests New Zealand TM is apparently where it's at.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
After the 10th and 11th series made a very strong start to Taskmaster's time on Channel 4, I thought that 12 was a bit of a dip. It had its moments, but however hard Morgana tried, it missed the chaotic energy of the brilliantly odd Wozniak, or constant giggling with moments of genuine anger of Daisy May Beaumont.

If anybody dropped off because 12 perhaps wasn't as great I'd say that IMHO its time to get back on. The first two episodes of S13 have been excellent. Bridget Christie was always one of my dream five and hasn't disappointed, appearing equally angrily frustrated and bewildered at everything, as she often appears in her stand up. She often breaks and shows the genuine fun she's having. Ardal O'Hanlan has been a joy; chipping in with some brilliant stuff to wind up the rest of the panel, but always with a very Irish 'I'm only doing this for the fun of it' attitude that is ideally suited to the format. Sophie Duker seems more at ease with herself than she has seemed on more scripted shows and Chris Ramsay is a solid performer who obviously loves the show a la Ed Gamble in Series 9. Judy Love though has been the surprise package. I've seen her stand up and on other panel shows and always felt that she was trying a bit too hard to outrage. On this, she is bringing the Wozniak energy. She's witty, imaginative and really sparks the studio segments. She comes across as someone you'd love to have in a group of friends on a night out.

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
The only series I haven't really liked was series 8 with Iain Stirling, Joe Thomas, Lou Sanders, Paul Sinha and Sian Gibson.

I agree that the current series is very good so far.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
After the 10th and 11th series made a very strong start to Taskmaster's time on Channel 4, I thought that 12 was a bit of a dip. It had its moments, but however hard Morgana tried, it missed the chaotic energy of the brilliantly odd Wozniak, or constant giggling with moments of genuine anger of Daisy May Beaumont.

If anybody dropped off because 12 perhaps wasn't as great I'd say that IMHO its time to get back on. The first two episodes of S13 have been excellent. Bridget Christie was always one of my dream five and hasn't disappointed, appearing equally angrily frustrated and bewildered at everything, as she often appears in her stand up. She often breaks and shows the genuine fun she's having. Ardal O'Hanlan has been a joy; chipping in with some brilliant stuff to wind up the rest of the panel, but always with a very Irish 'I'm only doing this for the fun of it' attitude that is ideally suited to the format. Sophie Duker seems more at ease with herself than she has seemed on more scripted shows and Chris Ramsay is a solid performer who obviously loves the show a la Ed Gamble in Series 9. Judy Love though has been the surprise package. I've seen her stand up and on other panel shows and always felt that she was trying a bit too hard to outrage. On this, she is bringing the Wozniak energy. She's witty, imaginative and really sparks the studio segments. She comes across as someone you'd love to have in a group of friends on a night out.

Agree.

This was one of my 'lockdown' discoveries and we watched the lot from series 1. I love the music, the house, the games, the contestants, the presenters . . . .everything. :bowdown:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here