[TV] Taskmaster 4 new series commissioned

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Richard Ayoade
David Mitchell
Victoria Coren Mitchell
Sue Perkins
Alex Brooker

The Mitchells as the two person team because it would genuinely be fascinating watching a married couple do it

I'd forgotten Ayoade. I think he'd be great in both tasks and in the studio segments.

Seaber

Oct 20, 2010
Wales
I don't have a top five, but he's one of the top of my head:
John Robins
Kiri Pritchard-McClean
Reginald D. Hunter
Bethany Black
Jonathan Ross

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
No-one going to comment on the Wozniak incident last night? Apparently I sounded like I was having a heart attack I was laughing so much.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I've just not bonded with this series.

I struggled to bond with the last one, but got there after 4 or 5 episodes, so far still no.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
The Taskmaster Youtube channel often posts outtakes - I really hope they release the full reaction without editing as I am sure they didn't all recover composure that quickly.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
I havent enjoyed the last couple of series as much as i did the first few, However I think this series has been brilliant. laugh out loud moments throughout so far.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I think social distancing really hampers the studio bits as you don't get the immediate audience reaction to stuff in the same way. Half of the joy of (e.g.) the Joe Wilkinson potato throw was the instant crowd reaction. The filmed stuff is as good as ever IMHO. And the Wozniak moment was absolutely incredible.

Whitley Bayster

Jul 4, 2011
Whitley Bay Tyne and Wear
Mike Wozniak has produced some gems of comedy. He's the outstanding competitor for laughs in this series. Last night was off the scale! Could trump all TM classics. He's tweeted this morning that his arse wasn't accepting visitors today but would accept ointments!

Whitley Bayster

Jul 4, 2011
Whitley Bay Tyne and Wear
Mike Wozniak has produced some gems of comedy. He's the outstanding competitor for laughs in this series. Last night was off the scale! Could trump all TM classics. He's tweeted this morning that his arse wasn't accepting visitors today but would accept ointments!

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Agreed this season is a bit dull. Both girls are a bit ditzy / 'fail spectacularly' type thing got boring quick. Greg is a bit weird with Jamali.

Some of the tasks have been a bit crap - like the airport one

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Anyone seen the New Zealand version?

Season one takes a few episodes to get going but season 2 is great. I'm working my way through it now.

The taskmaster isn't as good but the assistant is absolutely perfect in the role. The humour seems pretty similar to ours too so no horror shows like the U.S version.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
The random wheel of YouTube recommendations sent me down this rabbit hole. This morning, I watched a full episode of Norwegian Taskmaster. The Taskmaster is no Greg Davies but the assistant is quite Alex. And the second series that I watched the first of has a bisexual Handball Olympian. And English subtitles. One of the tasks is put on the best Show Jumping tournament. Another is a twist on the Swede guy in the UK where they have to understand a very attractive Finn.

They also have Spanish, American and Finnish so I might have to delve in. I did watch the first 10 minutes of the first Spanish one and the Taskmaster is a very shouty lady with a different looking set and 6 contestants.

BTW - you need to turn on the subtitles - they appear as Sign Language on my Sky box.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSEY7jXuUG7afSk4KvMrUbg/videos

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here