[Albion] Tariq Lamptey

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Not so.

When he moved there was much consternation. He'd played a strong game at Arsenal and all seemed to say the move was premature.

The good thing is that, unlike Leeds United fans, there was and is little 'teams like Brighton' going on. Just a lot of naval gazing.

Rubbish. Most Chelsea fans can’t name their first eleven. Never mind youth academy. Nope, TL may be from Chelsea clay, but he was fired and made in Brighton.

whosthedaddy

striker256
Apr 20, 2007
Hove
Can we please stop guessing how much Lamptey will be worth in ??? months/years etc.

He's our player and if we've got a talent like him the question of how much he's gonna be worth is irrelevant, we need to keep him if we have ambitions to be a top ten club.

The same goes for Dunk, White and anyone else who's a star now, or in the future in this Albion squad. As we've said many times, if you sell these players then you have to replace them too, that's never an easy task.
Just look at our search for a twenty goal a year striker, they don't come along that often so enjoy watching the best players for years play for the Albion and f**k the other sides, our lads are not for sale as Tony has proved time and again.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Rubbish. Most Chelsea fans can’t name their first eleven. Never mind youth academy. Nope, TL may be from Chelsea clay, but he was fired and made in Brighton.

You're sounding like a Leeds United fan now...

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
This.

In January they were (typically) supremely confident that Reece James was and will be far superior, England caps lined up for a decade ahead.

Potter has noticeably improved Lamptey already. Lamptey mentioned that in his post match interview.

Imagine what Bielsa could do with him!!!

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
You're sounding like a Leeds United fan now...

Hardly. For starters we own TL! And he’s said how GP’s improved him. And we paid about £25m less than Leeds offered us for BW. Nope, not having this Chelsea fans in hindsight regret ‘letting’ him go. Absolute bollocks. Most never heard of him, their churn of youth players and the hundreds they loan out makes it so. If he’d stayed there, good chance his career die a death as it does for so many promising players because they’re offered insane reward to be footballs equivalent of a stock cube. Sat in a cupboard when they should be out there making gravy.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Hardly. For starters we own TL! And he’s said how GP’s improved him. And we paid about £25m less than Leeds offered us for BW. Nope, not having this Chelsea fans in hindsight regret ‘letting’ him go. Absolute bollocks. Most never heard of him, their churn of youth players and the hundreds they loan out makes it so. If he’d stayed there, good chance his career die a death as it does for so many promising players because they’re offered insane reward to be footballs equivalent of a stock cube. Sat in a cupboard when they should be out there making gravy.

I know 2 Chelsea STH, both were gutted they let him go but understood why he wanted to leave. The plastic armchair fans might not have heard of them, but actual Chelsea fans had.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

They were not bothered in January. Overtly confident that Reece James was a superior player, with his height a necessity at the highest level.

No one knew then, except perhaps our recruitment team, that Lamptey would become overnight a star FB.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I know 2 Chelsea STH, both were gutted they let him go but understood why he wanted to leave. The plastic armchair fans might not have heard of them, but actual Chelsea fans had.

90% are plastic. And the rest are lying to themselves. Brighton have raised his profile more in a week than all his time at Chelsea, fans who cry wolf when they’ve already got the pick of both the worlds prospects and provens. Let him go, for £3 million, with much weeping, and drying of hankies as we ‘ripped’ him from their ‘bosom’ no doubt...BS! Plays for Brighton. Made in Brighton. Rescued from Chelsea. Who just spent £250 million and are arguing amongst selves how they still need reinforcements. Probably why never noticed TL hitching a ride from Cobham to Coldean. Now they’re claiming him as some long lost relative (but only after he won the lottery). Hmmmm.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Having trouble sleeping, adrenaline still sky high after that performance. Especially watching Lamptey.

The internet is buzzing with adulation after his two latest PL MOTM performances.

Only 19, FFS.

Absolutely this! Most exciting player we’ve had since KLLarrived creating the same buzz. He’s pure box office, one of those rare players who themselves put bums on seats and people go to watch them alone.

SimpKingpin

See the match?
Aug 8, 2020
Worthing -> NYC
IMG_4245.jpg

My brother today talking about Lamptey and finding a left back / left wing-back of equal quality (not even sure that's possible...but someone close, maybe Sessegnon?).

Before he had kids my brother was a Withdean regular. Today's match and Lamptey's performance meant so much to him. Just thought I'd share :)

Seat Stealer

Jun 23, 2012
I'm glad someone else has raised this. It's been on my mind for a while. Could his pace cause more damage to the opposition, if he were a bit higher up the pitch? As it is, he tore Newcastle's left side to shreds. Further, he can win us a lot of pens - he got one today. Because of his pace, other teams would have to put two defenders on him, leaving gaps for our other strikers.

See what your saying, but, by playing as a wing back or part of a 5 man midfield it stretches the opponents midfield. Most teams are playing with 3 or 4 across the middle because they don't have 3 decent centre backs. When their midfield gets stretched it allows space for our 3 central midfielders to control the centre as we did today. Hence the performances of Bissouma and Alzate.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
View attachment 128579

My brother today talking about Lamptey and finding a left back / left wing-back of equal quality (not even sure that's possible...but someone close, maybe Sessegnon?).

Before he had kids my brother was a Withdean regular. Today's match and Lamptey's performance meant so much to him. Just thought I'd share :)

won yellow cards? really? you're on the list

So.CalGull

Sep 28, 2010
Orange County. California.
If we are going to have "World Class Players" such as Mr. White and Mr. Lamptey playing for the stripes, surely after only a handful of games we must now take the position that Mr. Potter has "made Lamptey who he is today". It is this sort of attitude that will make us top 6 without fail...seeing as we had nothing to do with the other fella.

#PotterFreedLamptey

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports