Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Tariq Lamptey

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Probably not representative of the entire Chelsea fan base, but immediately after we’d signed Lamptey, I asked a friend of a friend who’s a Chelsea supporter what he thought about him. He was like “nah, he’s alright, half decent youngster”. Didn’t seem bothered at all they’d let him go.

This.

In January they were (typically) supremely confident that Reece James was and will be far superior, England caps lined up for a decade ahead.

Potter has noticeably improved Lamptey already. Lamptey mentioned that in his post match interview.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Had my debates with [MENTION=12595]Acker79[/MENTION] over the years (nicely contested) but do think his flippant comment wasn’t meant as anything nasty and he’s got a lot of criticism here. He just meant him and AJ clearly aren’t used / naturals with the whole interview thing, and did mention he’s young etc...

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Reece James is a good and talented player but Lamptey just seems that bit special..

Last edited:

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Had my debates with [MENTION=12595]Acker79[/MENTION] over the years (nicely contested) but do think his flippant comment wasn’t meant as anything nasty and he’s got a lot of criticism here. He just meant him and AJ clearly aren’t used / naturals with the whole interview thing, and did mention he’s young etc...

AJ is great in an interview

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Thompson720

Jan 5, 2019
Patcham
Honestly can see him being given a 5 year deal and wage increase if he keeps up this performances.

3 year deal when he signed with us? Probably as a prospect growing into first choice but hes easily first on the team sheet alongside Dunk, Ryan and Maupay

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
This thread is worthless without GIFS!!

MrSnuggles

Apr 29, 2016
Had to chuckle after going on Newcastle's fans forum. One of their fans said that Lamptey was quicker than shit off a shiny shovel!! What a compliment!

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

Thanks, Sheebo. Mostly right - I thought AJ's interview was fantastic. I figured pointing out myself that Tariq was young and I wasn't intending to be harsh was clear enough (he said all the right things, but seemed to lack the bit of confidence and projection that can come from experience talking to camera - NOT A CRITICISM EVERYBODY!), but apparently people are getting more and more sensitive to comments that aren't overtly 100% fawning praise that I should have been even clearer.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
All these Chelsea fans who are so wise after the event. Starting to grate. Just tell em to offski.

They wouldn’t recognise TL if he was standing in Red Square with a bottle of Smirnoff on his head.

Not so.

When he moved there was much consternation. He'd played a strong game at Arsenal and all seemed to say the move was premature.

The good thing is that, unlike Leeds United fans, there was and is little 'teams like Brighton' going on. Just a lot of naval gazing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here