Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tammy Abraham

Conelli98

Dec 18, 2016
If Newcastle have already spoken to Abrahams, then my money is on Hughton, Barber and co to get loan deal over the line! Most but not all seem to like the cut of our clubs jib at the moment! ABRAHAMS future obviously lies with Chelsea and I believe he would rather not uproot sticks too much! Gut feeling...

Last edited:

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
Also, Benitez is forever rotating his strikers and only plays one up front. How often will he start with only Abraham upfront on his own as a 19 year old loanee? He'll definitely get more game time at us.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Also, Benitez is forever rotating his strikers and only plays one up front. How often will he start with only Abraham upfront on his own as a 19 year old loanee? He'll definitely get more game time at us.

That could put Glenn's nose out of joint then, and most certainly Tomer's.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Good points about us above, offset of course by the lure playing in front of 50k fans at a high profile club. Let's hope we can persuade him that his career would be better be served with us, and if anyone can Hughton can. Slight shame that his recent Amex appearance was a bit of a damp squib of a match, played out in front of a relatively muted home crowd.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I wonder if we'd turned up for the Bristol City game and won with a full house roaring us on to the title if that would have influenced his decision :smile:

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Nonsense. One long term injury to either of those two and we have one fit striker. They'll be expecting an arrival and will be relishing it if they are half as professional as I think they are.

Every professional footballer worth his salt will want to start in every match. Ok we know it doesn't always work out that way, but it won't stop them having that desire.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
I wonder if we'd turned up for the Bristol City game and won with a full house roaring us on to the title if that would have influenced his decision :smile:

Kind of what I was saying. 50k passionate Geordies or the Amex library half-emptied out on 80 minutes...hmmm :wink:

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna

That was the supposed rumour. When it came down to it, we rotated our players and used more than Rafa. But that was down to us having many more injuries.

As a manager I would resent being dictated by another club how many games a new player would feature in. I am tempted to think there will be monitoring of future stars with a scientific training programme which would require reporting back. This might be problematical if the clubs (e.g. Manchester United do?) use different computer programs?

If it turns out that Tap in Tammy does not get enough games I think (even under the new rules) both clubs can agree that the player can be returned?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here