Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Switzerland v England

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
Good performance and result. The media crap regarding Hodgson has been tedious. The thinly veiled 'get arry in!' is so predictable :yawn:

The Arsenal fans will be rubbing their hands in relation to Welbeck. His best years are ahead of him. United may well have made a ricket selling the local lad and replacing him with a mercenary like Falcao.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
See we top the group. My, that is a weak group. I wonder how Scotland, Ireland and Poland feel, chasing Germany in their group?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Our defence is still the biggest weakness, Baines isn't the player in an England shirt he is for Everton and Jones should be nowhere near the England team. Stones looked good though and I was very impressed with Delph.

Agree with that, apart from Felph's first 20 minutes when he could have been sent off.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I actually think that were we to replace England, the Albion would have an excellent chance of qualifying from this group. Switzerland would be a cut above, but I'd fancy us against Slovenia, Estonia, Lithuania and San Marino.

Shit the bed, surely we'd at least get 3rd and make the Playoffs.

loco61

Jan 30, 2004
Hove GOSBTS
I actually think that were we to replace England, the Albion would have an excellent chance of qualifying from this group. Switzerland would be a cut above, but I'd fancy us against Slovenia, Estonia, Lithuania and San Marino.

Shit the bed, surely we'd at least get 3rd and make the Playoffs.

and then ....

stripeyshark

All-Time Best Defence
Dec 20, 2011
Just got back to the hotel after the game. Thought we played ok but chose the wrong ball too much. Wellbeck has come on leaps and bounds and Rooney deserves credit for his part in the first goal. Milner sured up the midfiled when he came on. If we're gonna play 5 in midfield, he should play. Stones was alright but he is not a right back. Joe hart was solid.

Free travel to and from the game was good from the Swiss (wouldn't happen at wembley!). However, getting through the turnstiles was a nightmare and dangerous. Disgraceful really but fired up a lot of fans before kick off.

Great win and we're basically qualified now. Come on England!

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
He was born in Maidstone. Granted, he played for Ireland as he had an Irish Grandmother.

A draw would not be the end of the world.
Having seen him walk down Guildford High St just before the 1990 World cup in a full Ireland Tracksuit not only does it make him a sh1t pundit it makes him a full trackie:tosser:

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
Rather annoying viewing with some loose change on:

Sterling anytime 15/4
Sterling 2+ anytime 33/1
Jones anytime 40/1

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Good performance and like the system played and the youthful look of the side. Hodgson takes way too much stick, he's about the right manager with the players we have available. Easy's right though, it's a ridiculously simple group.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here