Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Swindon fans on Gordon greer again..

shoreham moonraker

Apr 11, 2009
have you seen the tag line to that forum? 80% bollocks 25% football. it was set up to be a piss take and totally unofficial. I love that forum as there is a fantastic quota of nonsense typed on there, a bit like here.

manilaseagull

Used to be Swindonseagull
I was in the Legends Lounge ( the Swindon Fans Bar) before the Southampton game and all the people I spoke to admitted it was a mistake to sell Greer.

That included the 2 ladies who do the PR on matchday..

The real fans here admit Greer will be hard to replace....unfortunately the internet warriors think otherwise..

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
have you seen the tag line to that forum? 80% bollocks 25% football. it was set up to be a piss take and totally unofficial. I love that forum as there is a fantastic quota of nonsense typed on there, a bit like here.

Yes we all know Swindon fans have a sense of humour, why else would they live in Swindon ?

shoreham moonraker

Apr 11, 2009
someone posted this view which does seem to make some sense...........

I think Wilson and Fitton saw enough potential in Morrison that would have contributed to the decision to let Greer go. Wilson made comments at the start of the season it was time for Morrison to step up and push the first team as he liked what he seen in pre-season. They have rated Morrison for a long time and he just needed games which his Southend loan would have assisted.

Greer when he found out that a 3 year contract was on offer at Brighton was looking for the same and Fitton said he wouldn't discuss contracts until at least October. Fitton has made clear his preference for investing in young players and that a 3 year contract for a 29/30 year old central defender who was starting to show a few signs of wear wasn't in the clubs best interest.

We could have given Greer that 3 year contract and Morrison might have been pushing him within weeks and you would have had Greer stuck on a long term contract. Those sort of decisions, in the past have cost the club dear. Let's hope that Morrison goes onto the same success as another Devonian centre half with the same first name

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne

105% ?

says it all really

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Felt sorry that Huddersfield player yesterday as you rarely break the upper half of your arm, nasty injury.

Bizarre wasn't it. As he lay there clearly in pain I didn't notice his arm at first because that's just not where you look for an agonising injury. Nasty.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
A tag line hilariously adding two numbers up to 105%, one mildly amusing picture of a player dancing, oh and about 30 posts a day.

Yes, that forum is awesome. Off you toddle, then.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home

to be fair, that is about par for most football sites ....:lolol:

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
:bounce:

I wonder what they make of Greer's form (and theirs) now then...?!

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
Am i right in thinking we haven't actually conceeded with Greer on the pitch yet?

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
From the Charlton Vs Swindon thread on footballforums.net

'The defensive unit is a joke. The minute the opposition step foot into our half the back four lose all composure and discipline, and start flailing around like 16 year old girls at a justin beiber concert. What they need is someone to snap them into line, which is what we had in greer. That we haven't replaced those organisational skills go a very long way to explaining why we've conceded 14 goals in the last 4 league games.'

'As individual defenders, cuthbert and morrison are both better than greer in my honest opinion. The defencive as a whole though looks so sloppy, makes so many basic errors and so disorganised since greer left, and I don't think that's a co-incidence. With hindsight, the problem we have isn't getting rid of greer (if rumours are true we are better off without that sort of attitude), but is bringing in another organiser into the back four. Someone to bang heads together and keep players in order.'

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here