Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] Sussex v Durham

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
At least this time Robbo won't be able to blame the pitch for our score: wonder whose fault it will be? The high calorie content of the Arundel teas? The wind blowing around the battlements? The trauma of the Henriques/Burns incident?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
This Dockrell seems QUALITY. Its a big relief that we did take the unecessary RISK of playing Beer or another of our own youngsters, who might have been EXPENSIVE.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
This Dockrell seems QUALITY. Its a big relief that we did take the unecessary RISK of playing Beer or another of our own youngsters, who might have been EXPENSIVE.

Indeed. Beer must be crying in his cider at the moment.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto

Good spell this 0/33 from 2 overs, Beer would have been TONKED to all corners of the ground.

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
At least this time Robbo won't be able to blame the pitch for our score: wonder whose fault it will be? The high calorie content of the Arundel teas? The wind blowing around the battlements? The trauma of the Henriques/Burns incident?

I'd suggest that Robbo's poistion, of not at risk, is certainly open to a great deal of scrutiny.

In football - as we saw last season, when you get in such a slump the manager generally loses their job. I wonder if this will apply here?

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Good spell this 0/33 from 2 overs, Beer would have been TONKED to all corners of the ground.

They must be saving Beer for the 20/20 games, as we're doing so well there.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
13/4.............................................annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd nearly 400

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Not Much all can say about this game.

Anyone want to buy a bet for Sussex to win the Division? It's £10e/w @ 10-1. I am open to any offers over £50. Would keep it but have a spare.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Not Much all can say about this game.

Anyone want to buy a bet for Sussex to win the Division? It's £10e/w @ 10-1. I am open to any offers over £50. Would keep it but have a spare.

If I didn't already have my own :dunce: I'd bite your arm off.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
413ao

Sussex need a MEASLY 514 runs to win.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Match figures of 0/180 for our star loan spinner. Well bowled, young man.

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
Durham crumble....as they lose last 6 wkts for 400. Last pair a paltry 31...:lolol:

Sussex an attractive bet to knock off the zillion runs to win the game at 25/1 with Bet365.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I'd suggest that Robbo's poistion, of not at risk, is certainly open to a great deal of scrutiny.

In football - as we saw last season, when you get in such a slump the manager generally loses their job. I wonder if this will apply here?

A football manager who, say, started the season without any competition for his defence so that they'd all play regardless of form; who had no wide players at all and who had five strikers but three were injured and one was on international duty a lot, would find his employment pretty quickly curtailed.

So I wonder if questions are being asked about a cricket coach who thinks we need no batting cover, no spinner and an array of fast bowlers with injury problems

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
A football manager who, say, started the season without any competition for his defence so that they'd all play regardless of form; who had no wide players at all and who had five strikers but three were injured and one was on international duty a lot, would find his employment pretty quickly curtailed.

So I wonder if questions are being asked about a cricket coach who thinks we need no batting cover, no spinner and an array of fast bowlers with injury problems

It's almost as if he was otherwise occupied applying for the England job earlier.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
So from 13/4, Durham have gone on to make a paltry 413.

Match figures of 0/180 for our star loan spinner. Well bowled, young man.
Magnificent stuff. Let's hope he stays here permanently.

Meanwhile, with time no issue, Yardy has raced to 12 off 13 balls. Who needs attritional batting from your captain when you can play a CAMEO innings of around 23 and then have a cheeky day off playing golf instead?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here