Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sussex shortlisted for Team of the Year.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Timbo said:
Not really a sport is it.

What, isn't? Covering miles of ground and jumping 8ft fences on top of 3/4 tonne of horse at 35 miles an hour? It's a sport 15-20 people a year die competing in, and I wouldn't have the balls to do it.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Marty McFly said:
We won't win it if its a pubic vote. Would Hampshire, Lancashire, Surrey, Kent people really vote for us?

They will if they like cricket, hate rugby and golf and we encourage them to do it. My mate is a Lancashire fan and he will be getting an email very soon...

Listened to this debate, a very long discussion about football, especially the moral merits of Chelsea. Sussex went through on default, few of the panel could relate to cricket but our record spoke for itself.

We could do this if people were willing to put their money where their gobs are!

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
hans kraay fan club said:
What, isn't? Covering miles of ground and jumping 8ft fences on top of 3/4 tonne of horse at 35 miles an hour? It's a sport 15-20 people a year die competing in, and I wouldn't have the balls to do it.

I think you've got to support any activity that takes out so many of the chinless and overprivileged.

Mustela Furo

Advantage Player
Jul 7, 2003
edna krabappel said:
I see that the BBC South Sports Personality of the Year awards are in the pipeline too.

Presumably the usual range of Hampshire based nobodies- I'm guessing the prime candidates will be

-Harry Redknapp
-Ellen McArthur (it's in the rules she has to be included)
-Some 15 year old gymnast from Gosport
-A one legged sailor from Petersfield who finished seventh in the Wilko-Lidl Round The World Backwards Using Only One Oar Global Challenge

Yeh but that one-legged gymnast is a real Babe :love: :love:

Yoda

English & European
edna krabappel said:
I see that the BBC South Sports Personality of the Year awards are in the pipeline too.

Presumably the usual range of Hampshire based nobodies- I'm guessing the prime candidates will be

-Harry Redknapp
-Ellen McArthur (it's in the rules she has to be included)
-Some 15 year old gymnast from Gosport
-A one legged sailor from Petersfield who finished seventh in the Wilko-Lidl Round The World Backwards Using Only One Oar Global Challenge

And a new 16 year old Sprint sensation from Worthing. :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here