Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sussex coast windfarm a step closer

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
As you've already been told more than once, that was answered on page one of this thread.

No idea why you keep banging on about it - unless it's merely a fantasy you have.

The answer 'it's not near a shipping lane' is NOT a valid answer. The sea is a monster and can't read shipping maps never mind obey them

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
A more impolite person would substitute the last word in your statement with the phase "a bit of a tossa".

Maybe, but did you tell Vince Cable 18 months before the credit crunch that 'over indebtedness' was the biggest problem facing the country in the near future when no'one else gave a 'tossa'

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
The ships into shoreham harbour cannot pass more than 5 miles away prob nearer 3 miles at the Worthing end. If a 100,000 ton ship loses power, and the tide Is the 'wrong way' what happens next, the lifeboat that tows the failed power boats will be useless

Oh dear, better ban all ships everywhere then, They could hit, a harbour arm, rock or a reef or anything, the thought of juggernaught ships ploughing into a site of special scientific interest, running aground on a pretty beach or heaven forbid a windfarm fills me with dread.:rotlf:

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Excellent.

Mr-Burns-Saying-Excellent.gif

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Round-headed rampion

Come on that's a bit harsh. He only asked a question.

As for Prince Charles a quick search and a man who was once against 'blot on the landscape windfarms' is now pro after finding out they could give his family £38 million a year. Mail and Guardian in agreement.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Ships will take longer to get into Shoreham Harbour as they will have to alter their route and expend more power.

Rampion437.jpg

A Rampion picture of mine. Found on the downs from about now.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Maybe, but did you tell Vince Cable 18 months before the credit crunch that 'over indebtedness' was the biggest problem facing the country in the near future when no'one else gave a 'tossa'

Wow, just wow!

Who's going to win the 4.55 at Haydock Park on Friday?

Oh dear, better ban all ships everywhere then, They could hit, a harbour arm, rock or a reef or anything, the thought of juggernaught ships ploughing into a site of special scientific interest, running aground on a pretty beach or heaven forbid a windfarm fills me with dread.:rotlf:

I'm not a NIMBY or anywhere near but this does raise a slight concern with me, we are talking about the English Channel here, the busiest shipping lane in the world. Ships are funneled into the straits of Dover and very concentrated.
Put one ship in the same expanse of water during a force 11 and the odds are very slim something will happen, multiply by 100 and the odds will drop significantly.

It's happened before that a hoofing great ship has run aground right here, if it was a tanker, good luck.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually

Need to ban planes, trains, lorry’s, buses, cars, motorcycles and bicycles while we are about it then.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
I'm not a NIMBY or anywhere near but this does raise a slight concern with me, we are talking about the English Channel here, the busiest shipping lane in the world. Ships are funneled into the straits of Dover and very concentrated.
Put one ship in the same expanse of water during a force 11 and the odds are very slim something will happen, multiply by 100 and the odds will drop significantly.

It's happened before that a hoofing great ship has run aground right here, if it was a tanker, good luck.

Just a touch alarmist don't you think.

Dover to Calais is 30 miles approx. and is a relatively constrained stretch of water however, the distance from Brighton to the nearest part of France is nearly 3 times as far.

Just a touch alarmist don't you think.

Dover to Calais is 30 miles approx. and is a relatively constrained stretch of water however, the distance from Brighton to the nearest part of France is nearly 3 times as far.

Not alarmist at all, just an observation.

I have a concern, one that is raised through seeing a ship beached at Brighton not that many years ago, so it happens.

I would welcome having my mind put at ease, with a reasoned argument as to why it will not happen.

Personally, I'd rather see them on the downs.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P

I have a concern, one that is raised through seeing a ship beached at Brighton not that many years ago, so it happens.

I would welcome having my mind put at ease, with a reasoned argument as to why it will not happen.

you would rather see the downs covered in them to avoid an imaginary and highly unlikely collision at sea?

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010

A once in a hundred year event!

I don't suppose that helped did it?

you would rather see the downs covered in them to avoid an imaginary and highly unlikely collision at sea?

Not that long ago, there were no Electricity Pylons.

It caused quite a stir when they were erected all over the countryside, I doubt you even notice them now.
Same can be said of TV Ariels, they were going to be a blight.

They have to go somewhere, this I'm not arguing with.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here