Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] Sussex CCC - 2023 Season Edition

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL
Nothing to do with SCCC but didn’t want to start a new thread…

Amazing scenes in the WC qualifying tournament.

Netherlands take Windies to a super over, Up steps Logan van Beek to takeJason Holder for THIRTY! Not content with that, he then takes the ball, and ends it with two wickets in the first 5 balls. Wow.

Great for Dutch Cricket, these wins are really starting to build momentum over here. It does help that NL now picks players who are eligible to play through heritage rather than just Dutchies. Unfortunately, it looks like Sri Lanka and Zimbabwe will make it to the world cup this year. I hope they add more teams next time round.

Ironically, van Beek's grandfather played for the West Indies!

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
2 down already away to Kent. Is there a stream available for this tonight as I can't seem to find one?

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
The official stream is only available via Kent's website for 5.99

I am watching a dodgy stream on YouTube
Yeah, I found that stream. Someone in Asia on their phone by the looks of it. With it raining at Old Trafford I'll watch Surrey v Somerset instead. ☹️

Jimmy Grimble

Great knock from Bopara.

Anyone good with maths? How much would we need to win by to get our net run rate back to positive?
Redundant if Middlesex or Glamorgan don’t do us a favour isn’t it?

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Redundant if Middlesex or Glamorgan don’t do us a favour isn’t it?
Correct. But Middlesex have a chance. 11 needed off 1.1.

If Sussex and Middlesex win, Sussex need 3 specific results for the final round of fixtures to qualify.

Given where Sussex were that’s a remarkable turnaround.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Correct. But Middlesex have a chance. 11 needed off 1.1.

If Sussex and Middlesex win, Sussex need 3 specific results for the final round of fixtures to qualify.

Given where Sussex were that’s a remarkable turnaround.
Don't start doing the "Hope " shit...if we qualify, it's ridiculous, but, we will be knocked out pretty quickly unless some massive bribes or voodoo magic is enacted

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Sussex win by 12 runs. Middlesex won too.
Sussex’s only hope to quality is to make 14 points, with Kent and Essex also making 14. If that happens it comes down to net run rate of course. Essex and Kent have 2 tough games left. But all 3 results going our way with the net run rate swing is incredibly unlikely.

Saturday
Sussex home vs Glous

Sunday
Surrey v Essex
Somerset v Kent

Interestingly Hampshire v Glamorgan is back on. 41 needed off 2.1 overs. Both those teams can also end on 14 points. If that happens, it means 2 teams on 14 will qualify!

Jimmy Grimble

Sussex win by 12 runs. Middlesex won too.
Sussex’s only hope to quality is to make 14 points, with Kent and Essex also making 14. If that happens it comes down to net run rate of course. Essex and Kent have 2 tough games left. But all 3 results going our way with the net run rate swing is incredibly unlikely.

Saturday
Sussex home vs Glous

Sunday
Surrey v Essex
Somerset v Kent

Interestingly Hampshire v Glamorgan is back on. 41 needed off 2.1 overs. Both those teams can also end on 14 points. If that happens, it means 2 teams on 14 will qualify!
Looks like the RR turnaround we’d need is too high even if results go our way?

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
So basically if we thrash Gloucestershire tomorrow then and Somerset and Surrey both win big at home, we actually have a chance?

Last edited:

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
So basically if we thrash Gloucestershire tomorrow then and Somerset and Surrey both win big at home, we actually have a chance?
Yeeeaaahhh. something like that.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
I understand the issues we've had with Bopara, but he was comfortably our top T20 run scorer this season. I bloody hope they have something good in mind as our batting line up was already too light.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here