Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Surely Palace can't... 16/17

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
and the academy award goes to ... Stat Brother.

My opening gambit needed backing up:-

'blimey you were lucky to get a point last night'.
No reply just a look.
'I was so deflated after your goal, I couldn't bear to carry on listening thinking you'd win'.
'Still a point is a start'
'We didn't draw'.
'Oh so you did win, thank fook I didn't listen'
'We didn't win either....

...but I think you know that anyway'

:lolol:
The praise might have gone to your head.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The praise might have gone to your head.
I don't care about that, I've had a most enjoyable morning, already.

'Why isn't goal a game Benteke playing?'
'He is, but if he doesn't get the service he won't score'.
'Oh, I guess Bolasie will be back soon, how bad is his injury'.
'You're enjoying this aren't you'.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I'm having a rethink. Yes it would be funny if they went down, but they'd have so much cash they'd be able to do well in the Championship. I know how enjoyable it is to do well in the Championship, I'm not sure I want to see Palace having this much fun.

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
I'm having a rethink. Yes it would be funny if they went down, but they'd have so much cash they'd be able to do well in the Championship. I know how enjoyable it is to do well in the Championship, I'm not sure I want to see Palace having this much fun.

What like QPR, Cardiff, Villa and Wigan currently are?

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I'm missing the contribution to this thread of any of our Albion-obsessed 'friends' from up the road. There must be a dial-up problem in the SE postcodes.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
It was interesting to see Zaha's celebration after scoring. He ran towards the Palace bench but clearly stopped short of getting near Allardyce, there was then another camera angle where Allardyce had a chance to slap him on the back as he ran past him to say well done but The Fat Key Note Speaker clearly chose to avoid any interaction.

The body language is all wrong.
#toxic

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
A few photos to cheer up all the Palace lurkers:

34773D4100000578-3602663-image-m-203_1463866612931.jpg

images-2.jpeg

images.jpeg

images-3.jpeg

murray.jpg

Del Fenner

Because of Boxing Day
Sep 5, 2011
An Away Terrace
We have a rapidly reducing chance of staying up, and Big Sam is our best hope. He has a great deal to do to turn things around.

I'm seeing some disturbing similarities with 1981. Time to dig deep.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Who's to say the yanks aren't looking to realise a quick profit?
I wouldn't count against anyone doing that, but can't relegated clubs make more money by getting back to the PL?

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Imagine the owners are desperately ringing around Chinese clubs to offload Benteke for anything near the ridiculous fee they paid for him

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
It was interesting to see Zaha's celebration after scoring. He ran towards the Palace bench but clearly stopped short of getting near Allardyce, there was then another camera angle where Allardyce had a chance to slap him on the back as he ran past him to say well done but The Fat Key Note Speaker clearly chose to avoid any interaction.

The body language is all wrong.
#toxic

Very telling indeed. Just look at Fat Sams eyes in that horrific post match interview, forcibly trying to mask total panic. He just looks so uncomfortable, not sure if he will last the season TBH.

Del Fenner

Because of Boxing Day
Sep 5, 2011
An Away Terrace
Into your pockets?

Have you got the squad to stay up or do you need some more hardened battlers rather than show ponies like Cabeye & Townsend whom I assume had been purchased to get you into Europe?

Almost certainly, although I was thinking of backs to the wall, time to stand up and be counted, lets grow some backbones.

The squad is probably 5 key positions short, Benteke appears to be out for 3 months with shoulder ligament damage adding to lengthy injury woes, our current best player Zaha is off to Afcon for the next 2 months. Really not sure that Big Sam is going to be able to turn this one around.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here