Surely Palace can't... 16/17

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
The Cabaye thread on the BBS is always a great read:

Originally Posted by DarkAngel View Post
Biggest waste of money in transfer fee and wages that we have made in the modern era. He has never really fitted in and was passed his best when we signed him.

Recall most of their fans wetting their pants at the prospect of him playing. But he's not Palace. He's the kind of player that sums up so much of what is wrong with the modern game.

Then you find out what's going on in his personal life (leaving his wife and mother of 2 young kids for her best friend), and you quickly realise that Cabaye is quite a nasty piece of work.

Ah dark angel , he's a troll and shouldn't be listened to. He's not one of your new incarnations botty is he ?

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
So, might we have the pleasure of seeing the spunktrumpet lead his European contenders into the relegation zone for crimbo?

Wednesday 14th December 2016

Middlesbrough V Liverpool
Sunderland V Chelsea
West Ham United V Burnley
Crystal Palace V Manchester United
Tottenham Hotspur V Hull City
West Bromwich Albion V Swansea City

Saturday 17th December 2016

Crystal Palace V Chelsea
Middlesbrough V Swansea City
Sunderland V Watford
West Ham United V Hull City

I reckon:

15 Crystal Palace 15 + 0 + 0 = 15
16 Middlesbrough 15 + 0 + 1 = 16
17 West Ham 13 + 1 + 1 = 15
18 Swansea 12 + 0 + 0 = 12
19 Hull 12 + 0 + 1 = 13
20 Sunderland 11 + 0 + 1 = 12

Damn.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Great performance from Wilf yesterday.
He's now looking the player we knew he would be.
Best performing winger in the PL, and England's loss is the Ivory Coast's gain, open your eyes Southgate !

Btw, I see the £25 mill loss thread has been nicely tucked away, you don't seem to deal with bad news or criticism very well.

DECK CHAIRS AT DAWN

Feb 20, 2012
Did he cheat?
Or did he get pulled?

We don't make it a weekly target to score a 9.5 minimum score dive in the box.
How's Zhaha doing?

Pulled the wool over the refs eye's more like.I'm big enough to know Palace and every other team in all divisions have there cheats and call it when i see it.Our penalty was soft but not as soft as yours.He had his arm pulled and his legs buckled.Come on man,it was a dive.And yes,we've had the same shouts.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Pulled the wool over the refs eye's more like.I'm big enough to know Palace and every other team in all divisions have there cheats and call it when i see it.Our penalty was soft but not as soft as yours.He had his arm pulled and his legs buckled.Come on man,it was a dive.And yes,we've had the same shouts.

However you personally saw that incident, do you agree that the decision makes up for the earlier miss from the ref when Dunk has his shirt almost pulled off?

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Btw, I see the £25 mill loss thread has been nicely tucked away, you don't seem to deal with bad news or criticism very well.

Indeed, we were so absolutely gutted and embarassed by the 'bad' news that we decided to make several threads discussing it, linking to other boards discussing it, made subsequent threads going into much more detail about it, after the club themselves had officially announced it via a front page main news item.

Could it perhaps have been that people had just gotten bored talking about it? I do understand it must be a hot topic for your lot though, after all, there aren't many points to score at the moment and some incoherent, contrived shite about us failing FFP (we haven't and won't) and TB running out of money :)laugh:) must be a welcome distraction from your current toils.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Brighton never seem to get bored talking about our 5mill admin,strange you want to stifle a 25mill debt to Mr Bloom(it is a debt)Never mind shipmate.Brighton doing it the right way:albion2::albion2:

There's a world of difference in going into admin, borrowing and owing to multiple companies, including St Johns Ambulance(?) - cheating.
To a supporter/owner personally funding his club.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
How is it bad news or criticism? Trying to compete in the Championship is extremely expensive these days, but we're doing it without breaking FFP.

DECK CHAIRS AT DAWN

Feb 20, 2012
including St Johns Ambulance(?)
Why try and beat us with this,The club didn't pay it,we the fans did.There is no debt to them.So you think Mr Bloom is any different to Mr Jordon.All the while Mr Bloom is paying the debt the club is running up.How long can he/want to keep that up.25mill is hefty wedge by any standard.You also had money problems in the 80's,you lost your ground over bad ownership.You are no better/worse than us.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
So you think Mr Bloom is any different to Mr Jordon.
Yes, in many many ways.

All the while Mr Bloom is paying the debt the club is running up.How long can he/want to keep that up.
No idea.
25mill is hefty wedge by any standard.
Agreed.
You also had money problems in the 80's,you lost your ground over bad ownership.
No, we had our ground stolen by crooks, while your owners screwed local businesses to get the club success on the pitch.
You are no better/worse than us.
We will always be far far better than you morally.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Why try and beat us with this

You brought it up in the post before mine. I didn't mention debt.

The club didn't pay it,we the fans did.

You didn't pay it, you settled it. What was the full debt amount, and the actual repaid figure (5p in the £ was it?)

You also had money problems in the 80's,you lost your ground over bad ownership.

We lost our ground due to bad owners. We didn't borrow, fail to repay or go into admin.

You are no better/worse than us.

Haha. Stop it.

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
Brighton never seem to get bored talking about our 5mill admin,strange you want to stifle a 25mill debt to Mr Bloom(it is a debt)Never mind shipmate.Brighton doing it the right way:albion2::albion2:

Where did you get the figure of £5 million from? Palace owed Lloyds bank around £12.5 million and HMRC were trying to liquidate the club for the sum of £2.75 millon. You owed close on £5 million in wages to the players who had not been paid. The action of Agilo forcing the club into admin for the the £4.7 million owed to them, saved the club from liquidation by the HRMC. Total administration debt, I believe, was close to £32.7 million. All this after failing to pay your debts and going into administration ONLY ten years earlier.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports