Surely Palace can't... 16/17

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Yes. I have been banging my head against the wall repeatedly after watching the PL's 5th highest scorers concede ridiculously soft goals week after week because our defensive coaching is so poor.

When Pardew goes this team will fly up the table. The likes of Benteke and Zaha are far too good to be playing in the bottom half of the league. Wilf has 7 assists and 2 goals in his last 7 games, which is the sort of form that will see Spurs calling with a £30m bid in January.

The squad we've got is good enough to compete with the top 7/8 teams in this division. The likes of Benteke, Zaha, Cabaye, Mandanda are all superb players who would excel in a team managed by a competent individual. The reason we're struggling this season is because we've conceded the most set piece goals of any team in the division. If we had someone like Allardyce or Pulis we'd be absolutely fine. This team is far, far superior to the side Pulis came 11th with a couple of years ago; the difference is that we're now being set up by a cretin.

If you're not moving in the right direction come January, will there be a fire sale?

ThePaddy

Aug 27, 2013
If you're not moving in the right direction come January, will there be a fire sale?

Why would there be? We've just spent £30m+ on Benteke, we're not short on cash. Unfortunately we might be in a situation where Zaha asks to leave so that he can join a Champions Leaue club and play in a side capable of conceding less than 8 goals in 2 games to Swansea and Hull.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Unfortunately we might be in a situation where Zaha asks to leave so that he can join a Champions Leaue club and play in a side capable of conceding less than 8 goals in 2 games to Swansea and Hull.

He's done that already, didn't work out too well.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Yes. I have been banging my head against the wall repeatedly after watching the PL's 5th highest scorers concede ridiculously soft goals week after week because our defensive coaching is so poor.

When Pardew goes this team will fly up the table. The likes of Benteke and Zaha are far too good to be playing in the bottom half of the league. Wilf has 7 assists and 2 goals in his last 7 games, which is the sort of form that will see Spurs calling with a £30m bid in January.

The squad we've got is good enough to compete with the top 7/8 teams in this division. The likes of Benteke, Zaha, Cabaye, Mandanda are all superb players who would excel in a team managed by a competent individual. The reason we're struggling this season is because we've conceded the most set piece goals of any team in the division. If we had someone like Allardyce or Pulis we'd be absolutely fine. This team is far, far superior to the side Pulis came 11th with a couple of years ago; the difference is that we're now being set up by a cretin.

Don't worry I'm sure you have a run of winnable games coming up....

Premier League
Crystal Palace v Manchester United Wed 14 Dec 20:00
Crystal Palace v Chelsea Sat 17 Dec 12:30
Watford v Crystal Palace Mon 26 Dec 12:30
Arsenal v Crystal Palace Sun 1 Jan

Oh.......

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Luckily they'll get stuffed in the next few games

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
The squad we've got is good enough to compete with the top 7/8 teams in this division.

You keep peddling this myth that you're a top 8 side but in the real world a top 8 side is one that finishes in the top 8 or at least shows signs of consistently being able to beat at least 14 weaker teams in the division. You aren't in the top 8, you show no signs of being able to beat more than 3 or 4 weaker sides let alone consistently and you've been in this position since Christmas last year.

All the while you have this delusional sense of entitlement about where you should be, you are going to be frustrated and angry. Over a season clubs end up where they deserve to be, You finished last season 15th and after nearly half of this season gone you are also 15th. That would suggest to any sane person that you are a top 15 side but no better. Accept it, embrace it. You'll feel much better.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Just seen Zaha's dive. How can he keep getting away with it? They should go back and give him 10 game ban and award the 3-0 it would have been had Zaha not played rest of game. Disgrace. Benteke also dived so he should get a 10 game ban too - same as palace fans wanted last season when he was actually taken out by them for a Liverpool pen.

Great result though - shocking to draw at Hull having been 2-1 up with 15 to go and will keep Pards in the job for a while longer. Let's just hope for the justice on the Zaha cheating again incident.

Snodgrass one was a pen for me - definately a reckless challenge by England's best centre half, Scott Dann.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Just seen Zaha's dive. How can he keep getting away with it? They should go back and give him 10 game ban and award the 3-0 it would have been had Zaha not played rest of game. Disgrace. Benteke also dived so he should get a 10 game ban too - same as palace fans wanted last season when he was actually taken out by them for a Liverpool pen.

Great result though - shocking to draw at Hull having been 2-1 up with 15 to go and will keep Pards in the job for a while longer. Let's just hope for the justice on the Zaha cheating again incident.

Snodgrass one was a pen for me - definately a reckless challenge by England's best centre half, Scott Dann.

No luck on this trip sheebo , change your bait and hope for better luck next time :)

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
The Cabaye thread on the BBS is always a great read:

Originally Posted by DarkAngel View Post
Biggest waste of money in transfer fee and wages that we have made in the modern era. He has never really fitted in and was passed his best when we signed him.

Recall most of their fans wetting their pants at the prospect of him playing. But he's not Palace. He's the kind of player that sums up so much of what is wrong with the modern game.

Then you find out what's going on in his personal life (leaving his wife and mother of 2 young kids for her best friend), and you quickly realise that Cabaye is quite a nasty piece of work.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
No luck on this trip sheebo , change your bait and hope for better luck next time :)

Zaha dived. I'm certain of that. There was no force in the challenge - just a statuary leg for him to pirouette over. That is 100% correct. It's disgusting that a player like him gets away with it constantly. A shame because yesterday was his 1/100 game where he looked a decent prospect. He'll have to cut this out his game next year as can't see Ponch (a manager with class and integrity) standing for it.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Cabaye's defensive work for the third was world class :lolol:

The Cabaye signing was the catalyst for the majority saying they will make champions league a last season :lol:

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
The Nigels in my pub are shitting themselves right now, and its a pleasure to watch on an almost daily basis.

Some of them have even started giving me compliments on the Albion, which I reluctantly accept as I try not to vomit on them.

Happy days indeed.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Bit of a quandary whether or not to support palace when they play in Europe next season.

I generally support the english clubs but this really is a tricky one.

Might have to hope they lose when they play Barcelona and the rest.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here