Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Surely Palace can't... 16/17

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Snitch.

The thread will resume it's natural course when we loose the next couple of games.
Maybe we should join in the thread discussing Mr Blooms losses or have a gentle ribbing here.

It will and as boss man said before it's only pisstaking :smile:

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
25 million "losses".Living within your means:mad::mad:

Thank you for your interest.

If the aim, compulsory or otherwise, of championship clubs is to live within their means, then the PL may aswell close it's doors right now, which i'm sure you'd be ecstatic about.

Funny thing is, if it were forced for clubs to live within their means we'd easily be one of the most competitive outside of those receiving failure reward payments.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Thank you for your interest.

If the aim, compulsory or otherwise, of championship clubs is to live within their means, then the PL may aswell close it's doors right now, which i'm sure you'd be ecstatic about.

Funny thing is, if it were forced for clubs to live within their means we'd easily be one of the most competitive outside of those receiving failure reward payments.

How can losses of £25 m be living within your means ? This ffp is all crap and gives clubs an excuse to lose money . Football is ****ed and there's no way back !

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

This. And our friends from up the road would not in ordinary times when they would lack the ten thousand jcl supporters who only turn up for their real teams when palace are in the premier league.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
There is no difference. Bloom put £100m to build the Amex and the Yanks put £100m in for future redevelopment.

And is covering all the losses along the way

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Yohan Cabaye - everything that is wrong with 'modern' football. Disgusting.

Wasn't Wayne bridge on £100 k a week while with you , football has gone mad botty !

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
How can losses of £25 m be living within your means ? This ffp is all crap and gives clubs an excuse to lose money . Football is ****ed and there's no way back !

I said hypothetically if the rules were that you HAVE to live within your means, we'd be doing alright :thumbsup:. Obviously we would probably not get promoted, as those with parachute money would be competing with each other for the best players/managers, and like I said, the PL may aswell close it's doors as the same clubs would be bouncing up and down.

You are failing to recognise that clubs like us, Derby etc overspend and live on the borderlines of these rules because of the money received from the PL to relegated clubs.

Some clubs currently in your fixture list even went beyond the accepted losses and gambled, Leicester, Bournemouth etc. in order to get promoted.

It is the only way to compete and it's getting worse, so you are right, it is ****ed.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Within the structure in which the Championship allows. Which in turn is because that is how the Premiership is run. How is that cheating?

I never said it's cheating, I was just pointing out that your comparison of our yanks investing in the club is the same as Blooms investment, isn't correct.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Indeed, Porto v Leicester, should FC Copenhagen feel aggrieved?

You've lost me botty , I'm watching spuds .
Edit : just seen the ht scores , just abit !
Fwiw I think Leicester could finish below us ( back on thread for Hillian ) .

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
IT actually amazes me how wrong palace fans are about Bloom. I know a lot of it is just jealousy as they folded / or cheated twice but the way they make out we were just given everything on a plate is hilarious. We had NO stadium - 91(plus thousands of others) other clubs DID have one. That money (given to a club on its arse by an actual fan) cannot be compared / counted to any other club as it was filling a hole we didn't have as a football club. The jealousy is horrendous. No wonder the Croydon advertiser poll recently said 23% of former CP2010 fans now support non league clubs like Bromley.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here