Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Support AMEX expansion - E-petition

pwlr1966

Aug 7, 2011
I have just submitted an e-petition on the Brighton & Hove Council website, it should be visible tomorrow (Friday 9th Dec) under the title above.

The link should be:

http://present.brighton-hove.gov.uk/mgEPetitionListDisplay.aspx?XXR=0&VM=2&DR=11/11/2011%20-%2009/12/2011&ACT=Go&$LO$=1

Last edited:

pwlr1966

Aug 7, 2011
According to the Argus, the Greens have done a u-turn and are now supporting 8000 more seats, time will tell

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
I'll sign it, But as above Greens seem to have clarified their stance. The transport is making a real improvement over the recent weeks and it'll not be allowed without a upgraded transport plan.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Transport is fine at the moment. Not sure what people expect to be honest. I will sign it.

If an issue surely they could just put in application to fill in corners to increase to about 26k , that would work ?

Firingblanks1

Oct 4, 2004
North Portslade actually
There are by far worse grounds to get away from than the Amex.....West Ham etc. If a few thousand extra people are going to stop you going to an Albion match, perhaps you better go and support Lewes etc. Or maybe you are not that bothered anyway? Considering the amount of Park and ride and lack of parking, I think the Albion have done really well and once people have got their heads round not being able to drive right up to the door step, I think most people are ok. Bring on more fans which equals more success etc.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
There are by far worse grounds to get away from than the Amex.....West Ham etc. If a few thousand extra people are going to stop you going to an Albion match, perhaps you better go and support Lewes etc. Or maybe you are not that bothered anyway? Considering the amount of Park and ride and lack of parking, I think the Albion have done really well and once people have got their heads round not being able to drive right up to the door step, I think most people are ok. Bring on more fans which equals more success etc.
Nicely put.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Not signing anything at this stage, it's a nightmare getting home as it is midweek, with another 8000 on top don't think I'd bother with Tuesday nights unless they were 'big'.

Never go to a midweek away game then? Never saw a midweek home gate at Priestfield? Not reallly bothered are you, just something to pass the time? Well, here's the thing, to paraphrase 'Your club doesn't need you!'

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I would love for there to be an additional 8000 seats but until they improve the infrastructure I am against an expansion.

Not signing anything at this stage, it's a nightmare getting home as it is midweek, with another 8000 on top don't think I'd bother with Tuesday nights unless they were 'big'.

Ever tried getting away from the likes of Arsenal, Tottenham or Chelsea after a match, or Wembley for that matter? Some people don't know how lucky they are, but what would this forum be without it's usual whiners?

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Ever tried getting away from the likes of Arsenal, Tottenham or Chelsea after a match, or Wembley for that matter? Some people don't know how lucky they are, but what would this forum be without it's usual whiners?

Totally this. And if anything it will be baseless whining from fans that will provide much needed ammunition to any opponent of expansion.

I can't speak for those with onward journeys, but travelling to and from the centre of brighton is an absolute DODDLE, by public transport at least.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Totally this. And if anything it will be baseless whining from fans that will provide much needed ammunition to any opponent of expansion.

I can't speak for those with onward journeys, but travelling to and from the centre of brighton is an absolute DODDLE, by public transport at least.

Totally , I reckon the majority are happy and have settled into a routine which works and is actually very efficient, quicker than a lot of grounds. No issues at all really and much much better than I ever dreamed.

Unfortunately it is the minority that seemed to bang the negative drum and get heard. They dont realise every thread and moan they post can have negative implications on this subject.

I have never left a game at the Amex early and have travelled to various towns after kick off for various reasons, I have gone straight to the train que on occasions but mostly stay for a beer for 30 mins or so. I have never , repeat never had a problem getting back in what is a reasonable time

Basically shut the f*** up whingers , you dont know you are born

phoenix

May 18, 2009
Can I ask all the people who say transport needs to be improved first, are you S.T holders? If you are would you feel any different if you did not have a S.T.? because some of us would love to be able to attend every game.We would queue for hours to watch the team we love. I sometimes get the impression that some S.T holders are quite happy to not expand, because It might take another 10 mins to get home (with more people attending).

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
It used to take ages getting away from the Goldstone area back in the day when we got big crowds. I used to travel back to Seaford with my dad by car and we'd literally crawl almost the whole way home. How on earth do people expect things to work with 30000 crowds? There are some unrealistic expectations out there. Remembering some away days at not so big clubs, Chester, Huddersfield, even Bury i think, took a long, long time in traffic. Ann hour here or there does not make much difference when you support the club you love!

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset

This, this and this,.... why are we judged differently to almost every other ground around the country,... when there is a full house, there are a few queues...... big fookin deal.......... I have to get back to Somerset after every game and have so far always been back at between 20:30 and 21:00.... so stop your bloody bleating those of you that probably only have a 30 minute or less journey.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here