Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sunday Morning Dads Club

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
My 20 week old decided to wake up fully at 2.10am this morning😢😢😢😢😢😢

Took til 4am to get her back to sleep, and she woke up again at 6.10.

I've got her next to me on the sofa and I'm watching MOTD whilst she makes her Velociraptor noises she's been very fond of the last few weeks!!!!

I'm tired, very tired actually, and it's the missus birthday today so a full day ahead!!!!!!! Luckily bubba is staying at the grandparents tonight so I can take Mre Spongy out for dinner. Hopefully I'll catch back up on my sleep tonight!!!

Fat Langers

Dec 27, 2007
Yesterday I let the wife sleep in till 8.30 for a bit of a rest. Was hoping she would of done the same for me today (me being much more tired then her of course and working more then her), but no. The baby wakes at 6.00 and goes back to sleep. But wakes again at 6.25. She decides the best thing to do is bring him in bed. That way we are all awake. Brilliant. Just waiting for the older boy to wake now. One very grumpy dad this morning, who's got to do a tip run first thing as well ! :(

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Just after 7 here - no real complaints with that. Yesterday was my 'lie in' morning but as is so often the way, I wasn't tired enough to sleep and make the most of it.

Robosapien via Netflix is our Sunday morning viewing.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Mrs Jim spent last night at her parents so I am on full duty here. Very pleased to say that from when I put Jnr to bed last night through to now I have not heard a peep from him.

Stumpy Tim

Just after 7 here - no real complaints with that. Yesterday was my 'lie in' morning but as is so often the way, I wasn't tired enough to sleep and make the most of it.

Same for me this morning. I woke up at 6.45am & the kids made their way to our room at 7.15am. Still, it's nice to have half an hour calm before my son starts running around causing mayhem

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Yesterday I let the wife sleep in till 8.30 for a bit of a rest. Was hoping she would of done the same for me today

Must admit, I was hoping something similar was going to happen here today. (But then again I used to believe in unicorns, too). :( :yawn:

AWAYDAY

Jul 21, 2009
Erm...who showed my 5 year old how to record series on V plus? I now have EVERY programme from CBBIES cluttering 'My Shows'!

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
This morning's conversation in bed with gf:

What are you doing?
I'm on the football forum
Oh. What are you reading about?
It's a thread called 'Sunday morning Dad's club'
Oh? Well maybe you'll have more reason to read it next year. I think it might be time for...

I knew this conversation was coming at some point, and I'm more than happy to start a second family, but the timing of this conversation is entirely down to me reading this thread - i.e. it's all your fault, NSC.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Footie game cancelled for Mini, so astro turf game at 09:30 in Steyning.

Massive hangover as well clearing

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I'm normally out running on a Sunday morning but Mrs Bobkin went out early instead. Youngest being very compliant in bed with me while I check NSC, Facebook, etc, and the other two are old enough to keep themselves occupied.

Happy days 👍

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
This morning's conversation in bed with gf:

What are you doing?
I'm on the football forum
Oh. What are you reading about?
It's a thread called 'Sunday morning Dad's club'
Oh? Well maybe you'll have more reason to read it next year. I think it might be time for...

I knew this conversation was coming at some point, and I'm more than happy to start a second family, but the timing of this conversation is entirely down to me reading this thread - i.e. it's all your fault, NSC.

Are you done yet?

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Wife out on her marathon training, I'm at home watching match of the day with my 3 darlings.

But my eldest has just asked a very important question. Which of the princesses from frozen is the better. We've just had an indepth conversation in which I've tried to explain that Anna looks cheekier and that's usually better than being traditionally pretty.....

It beats the Wilma /Betty debates we used to have at college

Won't be long before it will be which of the girls who sing happy birthday on nick Jr would I want to plough?

scooter1

How soon is now?
At 6.20 this morning I found our 6 year old watching celebrity pointless that he has series linked on th TiVo box. I fixed him some brekkie and went back to bed. I re got up an hour ago and we've been playing micro scalextric for the last hour whilst the missus is still asleep(this is becoming a familiar Sunday morning routine, where I lose out on the lie ins)

bennibenj

Mar 6, 2011
Sompting
Something of a weird one for old Bennibenj today.

Woke up 4.20am - couldn't sleep so popped downstairs and watched a bit of TV, back up to bed before 6am, my wife and children allowed me to lay in until 9.30am. Feel so refreshed now, normally struggle to have a good sleep. Now cooking them a Roast to show my appreciation.

Power to the Dads!!!!

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
Little Miss Spongy stayed at nanna and grampys last night so I went to bed after watching our 20 second coverage on the FL show. Woke up at 7.45. Had a quick mouthful of OJ and went back to bed and actually slept til 9.45.

Mrs Spongy got up at 11.45. Lazy cow.

I needed that though, still a bit fuzzy headed now after 8 pints before the game yesterday, another 3 in the pub when I got back, then a bottle of red at the steakhouse!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here