Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sunday Morning Dads Club

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
:lol:

My nipples are doing great! Unfortunately we're bottle feeding so it's my turn to step up on weekends....

Therein lies the rub. Congratulations BTW.

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
So Chloe who is 4 days old has been asleep since 10.30 I have explained in detail to her that day time is waking up time and night time is sleepy time she doesn't appear to be listening to me....

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
So Chloe who is 4 days old has been asleep since 10.30 I have explained in detail to her that day time is waking up time and night time is sleepy time she doesn't appear to be listening to me....

Haha. If my experience is anything to go by then she won't! Mine still wakes up every night, somewhere between 2am and 5am. Every night. I don't have a problem with that too much as the missus does night feeds during the week as I usually work a 12 hour day and need my sleep, and I do night feeds on weekends. But it's the taking 1.5 hours to get her back to sleep that kills, if she just woke up for a bottle, drank it and went back to sleep it would be a piece of cake!!!

I have friends who have had babies and theirs slept all night right from the start. By God im jealous of them right now!

The trouble is even when I'm getting a bit stressy doing a night feed she will suddenly have a massive beaming smile that makes my heart melt..... But she's just found her voice and makes a noise that I can best describe as a Velociraptor from Jurassic Park....... It goes right through me, the sooner she grows out of this little habit the better for me!!!!!

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Morning all :mad:

6:43 this morning. One watching CBeebies, one colouring pictures.

Knew I should have got an early night last night.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
With the Christmas holidays I've lost all tracks of what day it is!

Jim Jnr was up at 4/5ish this morning. Mrs Jim got up to sort him out, which is probably why my request for a cup of tea in bed a moment ago, didn't get the response I wanted!

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Morning all. First time I have seen this thread.

My 16 week-old little man has been sleeping through for the last week, but kept us up last night. It seems more knackering now that we've had a taste of a good night's sleep.

Good news is that we got matching home shirts for Christmas!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I was up before my two. No surprise about my 12-year old. She'll already stay in bed for half the day if allowed, and she's currently getting back into the timezone after being in Calgary until Christmas Eve. I expect to see her around lunchtime if I don't unleash her brother on her.

My 4-year old woke up around 7:30 just as I was about to leave the house to take my Mum to hospital for an operation (I'm amazed they do these stuff on a Sunday) so I quickly set him up with CBeebies and breakfast so as to give his Mum a bit more of a lie in. She was appearing from her room as I walked back in at 8:10, as he'd woken her up asking for his new Lego Movie Trash Chomper to be built. As you do.

Last Summer

well f*ck a duck!
Jun 12, 2008
The Hill
8.15 rise here to give Mrs Summer another rest.
Of all the lovely, quiet, girly presents mini summer got... she decides she'd rather play with my (rather noisy) remote control car.
So i've locked her out in the conservatory so I can watch Bubble Guppies in peace and quiet!

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
We appear to be watching an SAS type team of guinea pigs on BBC1. Quite how Bill Nighey reacted to the script and said yes is anyones guess.

Flex Your Head

My little'un (2 years 3 months) has been waking stupidly early since the clocks changed - I think he's woken after 6.15am on just one occasion since then.
This morning he woke fully at 4.26, so I took my blanket and pillow and lay on the floor next to him and managed to doze until about 5.00. Now we're in bed, I've had coffee, he's had milk, we've both had biscuits.

Mrs Flex is away until lunchtime and we wouldn't normally allow the TV on this early, but I got a Chromecast for Christmas and have found a 70+ min Postman Pat compilation on YouTube. He's sitting up in her place like a little emporer, fully engrossed. I might even manage a little snooze...

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
O
My little'un (2 years 3 months) has been waking stupidly early since the clocks changed - I think he's woken after 6.15am on just one occasion since then.
This morning he woke fully at 4.26, so I took my blanket and pillow and lay on the floor next to him and managed to doze until about 5.00. Now we're in bed, I've had coffee, he's had milk, we've both had biscuits.

Mrs Flex is away until lunchtime and we wouldn't normally allow the TV on this early, but I got a Chromecast for Christmas and have found a 70+ min Postman Pat compilation on YouTube. He's sitting up in her place like a little emporer, fully engrossed. I might even manage a little snooze...

I recall that, mine is 5 and wakes up slightly later now at 6, however do you get daytime naps still because that can seem like a god send..... And then it gets snatched away and real tiredness kicks in.

Fat Langers

Dec 27, 2007
Mine did this! Became earlier and earlier. We invested in one of those GroClocks. It's like a night light and a clock. It's blue for nighttime and yellow for day so they know when to get up and when it's sleepy time. First night he used it, we heard him wake at 5.40am but stayed in bed until 7 (which is the time we set the clock to turn yellow) and then got up. Loved it. He was 3 and a half when we got it, now 4.
Over xmas we have extended the time till 7.30, so we can sleep a little more as we have a 5 month old that doesn't like to sleep, so it helps to just catch up a little more! Plus, with it being dark, we can get away with it....for now! Would highly recommend a GroClock. ;)

scooter1

How soon is now?
Mine did this! Became earlier and earlier. We invested in one of those GroClocks. It's like a night light and a clock. It's blue for nighttime and yellow for day so they know when to get up and when it's sleepy time. First night he used it, we heard him wake at 5.40am but stayed in bed until 7 (which is the time we set the clock to turn yellow) and then got up. Loved it. He was 3 and a half when we got it, now 4.
Over xmas we have extended the time till 7.30, so we can sleep a little more as we have a 5 month old that doesn't like to sleep, so it helps to just catch up a little more! Plus, with it being dark, we can get away with it....for now! Would highly recommend a GroClock. ;)
We got our boy one of those and he just got up anyway, despite out attempts to 'train' him. Now he just gets up and puts the tv on in the lounge for an hour(from 6ish) and then wakes us when he wants some breakfast. He's 6 and it's been like this for a year or so

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
This thread has successfully made me fear the next few years, thanks all!

I woke up 10 minutes ago, as Gullflyinghigh JR (7 months old) stayed at his grandparents yesterday, which is both odd and awesome at the same time.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
It gets no better, just dropped off eldest at Heathrow as he is away till June.

Youngest needs taking to football training match as all fixtures off in his league this weekend.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
No complaints with my 8:15 wake-up call today other than we're all on 'Christmas dossing time' still and tomorrow's return to the real world is going to be a shock to us all.

Space Buddies is the film classic selected from Netflix this morning.

Fat Langers

Dec 27, 2007
We got our boy one of those and he just got up anyway, despite out attempts to 'train' him. Now he just gets up and puts the tv on in the lounge for an hour(from 6ish) and then wakes us when he wants some breakfast. He's 6 and it's been like this for a year or so
Ah.....maybe not as good for you then. Sorry to hear that!

Fat Langers

Dec 27, 2007
No complaints with my 8:15 wake-up call today other than we're all on 'Christmas dossing time' still and tomorrow's return to the real world is going to be a shock to us all.

Space Buddies is the film classic selected from Netflix this morning.

No film for us so far today! MOTD at the moment. No doubt, Despicable Me will be put on, again, shortly!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here