Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Summer wish list of recruits

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I guess a lot depends on what happens to the DSs (Stephens and Stockdale) - if they don't re-sign they will be off on a free, and replacing them won't come cheap. There are decisions to be made about Bong, Sidwell and Maepaa too, which will make a difference one way or another to our recruitment requirements.
Retaining Poc and Tomori for another season - by whatever means, loan or purchase - would be good start. If Tomori can persuade his pal Tammy to come to us on loan for a season that would be a big plus, as would acquiring the services of Izzy Brown. It would be good to look more towards youth with our somewhat elderly squad (the oldest in the Championship, I believe?)
If all goes well with the DSs and Bong and Sidwell, and we have enough to go for one big money marquee signing, my choice would be for Defoe.
Right, now I've sorted that out, who are the tourists coming to play test matches this summer?!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Loving all the talk of Joel Campbell proving once again posters know fook all.

Were it not a made up rumour, last week, none of the NSC sheep would be talking about him now.
None of them would even have remembered him.

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
Lukaku. Dele Alli. Theo Walcott. All rather pleasing on the eye, and jolly good footballers. Not that Rashford though, he's a big cheat.

What? What??!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I cannot see Middlesbro selling Friend unless it was a silly offer especially if they get relegated. Mourinho has been very critical of Luke Shaw would he listen to a possible loan deal? Or is that all front by Jose and he really actually rates him quite highly.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
We should definitely buy Alex Prickhard from Norwich and send him out on a season long loan to Fleetwood Town. Would be £11m of SKY's filthy lucre well spent and long overdue revenge for Crofts and Bennett.

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
We should definitely buy Alex Prickhard from Norwich and send him out on a season long loan to Fleetwood Town. Would be £11m of SKY's filthy lucre well spent and long overdue revenge for Crofts and Bennett.

Actually, I've softened a bit towards the Prat since the Norwich game. Never thought I'd say that, but there, I have.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Current value on transfermarkt of 17m. As far as I'm aware this is a hypothetical wish list on a footy chat forum.
35000 posts on nsc doesn't make you an expert in anything.
So why limit yourself to Sigurdsson?

I just don't understand the collective mentality of NSC.
In this case, already only 1 in a sea of crazies, we both know if he's sold he'll go for considerably more than £17m.
We also know the club aren't even going to spend £17m on one player.

So :shrug:

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
Don't want Chris Wood. Too much like Murray and Hemed. Not sure he is any better than these either. He plays in a team where he is the only player to get the goals yet our top scorer is only a couple behind him despite playing in a team where 4 players (himself included) are in double figures.

Carl Jenkinson
Jonathan Cafu or Defoe
Tomori
Pocognoli
Mooy

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here