Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Summer wish list of recruits

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
One striker that we should go for is Mario Balotelli! He's available on a free once the season has finished! :rave:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
That is an upgrade. Baldock is Championship level at best.
Proved that last Sunday when unfortunately our best chances fell to him.
Chose to fall over and get penalty rather than put the ball in net then missed the ball from six yards.

If we sign two PL class strikers this summer, one a target man and another with pace, both with goals in them, with Murray and Baldock to complete the 4, I'd be very happy.

I rate Baldock, but his injury record is awful.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
If we sign two PL class strikers this summer, one a target man and another with pace, both with goals in them, with Murray and Baldock to complete the 4, I'd be very happy.

I rate Baldock, but his injury record is awful.
Which is why I don't think the club should take the 'one of each approach'.

One out and out speed demon and one with some pace (and youth) about them.

5 strikers (4 taking up squad places) Baldock can earn his place when fit enough to play.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Which is why I don't think the club should take the 'one of each approach'.

One out and out speed demon and one with some pace (and youth) about them.

5 strikers (4 taking up squad places) Baldock can earn his place when fit enough to play.

I totally agree with you, but we've been told don't expect wholesale changes this sumer and the club put itself in financial jeopardy.

So 2 additions in my compromise. I can't see them buying 3 classy strikers in this one window, when we also need PL class:
Left back
Right back (Bruno's lack of pace due to age)
Goalie if Stockdale goes
Centre back with pace, especially as Goldson won't be rushed back
Defensive CM
Winger on opposite side to AK
Creative CM

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I totally agree with you, but we've been told don't expect wholesale changes this sumer and the club put itself in financial jeopardy.

So 2 additions in my compromise. I can't see them buying 3 classy strikers in this one window, when we also need PL class:
Left back
Goalie if Stockdale off
Defensive CM
Creative CM
Then you're forgetting Hemed, who I'd have used a lot more this season.
I'd rotate him and Murray, safe in the knowledge one won't have to be on stand by for the inevitable Baldock injury cover.

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent

Left back
Goalie if Stockdale goes
Defensive CM
Creative CM

Agree 2 strikers and splash the Wonga to get them in!!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Then you're forgetting Hemed, who I'd have used a lot more this season.
I'd rotate him and Murray, safe in the knowledge one won't have to be on stand by for the inevitable Baldock injury cover.

I don't think Hemed will get much joy out of PL centre halves. He's been great for us for 15 months and I'd love to be proved wrong.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I don't think Hemed will get much joy out of PL centre halves. He's been great for us for 15 months and I'd love to be proved wrong.
That may well be so.
I also believe the club's 'no wholesale changes' rhetoric, which to me means Tomer will be given the chance.

It's one thing to swap your full backs around but financially very different to let go a contracted striker in favour of a new Premier League signing, esp for a position that already needs a statement signing.

waterhouse

Feb 22, 2009
somerset
Our new signing Pascal Gross has finished off with a goal for Ingolstadt. Looks a very good player. Been watching on a live stream.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here