Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Summer 2015 transfer window thread

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Marco André Matias signs for Wednesday for £3 million. Business expected to start in earnest with all clubs soon.

Wednesday are my surprise package this season. I think may only be pretenders though and eventually their squad (like Brighton, Reading, Rotherham) is deficient in numbers. Wednesday have some quality players and now this!

Not that I have ever seen the winger play, although the name rings a bell.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQf1QcJERaA

Last edited:

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Marco André Matias signs for Wednesday for £3 million. Business expected to start in earnest with all clubs soon.

Wednesday are my surprise package this season. I think may only be pretenders though and eventually their squad (like Brighton, Reading, Rotherham) is deficient in numbers. Wednesday have some quality players and now this!

Not that I have ever seen the winger play, although the name rings a bell.

Where have they signed him from?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

Nacional of Portugal. Scored 20 goals in 36 appearances in their top flight last year. Nowhere near as good as an Iranian from the 2nd tier of Dutch football obviously :wink:

Last edited:

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough

Nacional in the Portuguese Primeira Liga, scored 17 in 33 last year and was fourth top goalscorer in the league.

Seems last season was his only productive one though. Only managed 6 in two seasons and 42 apps at Vitoria Guimarães before that and didn't score many in the division below for various sides.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Nacional of Uruguay. Scored 20 goals in 36 appearances in their top flight last year. Nowhere near as good as an Iranian from the 2nd tier of Dutch football obviously :wink:

So, Wednesday are exploring lots of different 'markets' to get best value. Very different to how Derby are doing business. Our strategy appears to be more akin to Wednesday's. Let's see if it's as effective :)

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
So, Wednesday are exploring lots of different 'markets' to get best value. Very different to how Derby are doing business. Our strategy appears to be more akin to Wednesday's. Let's see if it's as effective :)

They have a Portugese manager now so expect more players from Portugal to arrive at Weds. Maybe Texeira will end up there :down:

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
All these new players of dubious vintage makes me think the Championship will be very even and exciting next season. I just hope we get the four players to compete.

Video shows their new Portuguese winger will suit the Wednesday style of last season. Deep defence and a one man breakaway.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Signing Marco André Matias is so much more exciting than signing Darren Bent, even with all the goals he scored for them last season.

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Signing Marco André Matias is so much more exciting than signing Darren Bent, even with all the goals he scored for them last season.

Nothing special in the video. A Colunga one would look better!"

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003

Either of them or similar quality signing for Brighton would be orgasmic, never mind exciting. We can but dream. Two players who clearly know where the net is.

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Josh McEachran: Brentford set to sign Chelsea midfielder

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/33410727

He would become Championship side Brentford's sixth signing of the summer and would join Akaki Gogia, Ryan Williams, Yoann Barbet, Konstantin Kerschbaumer and Andreas Bjelland at Griffin Park.

I think I remember Josh McEachran standing out against the Albion and made a mental note of it? Brentford needed to replace Pritchard but they already have Judge who is good without being flair. Brentford looking to finish ahead of QPR!

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna

I think Bent will have one last good season for Derby although it is rare for a top flight star to make a comeback in a lower division.

Matias looks like another CMS to me. False dawn for them, maybe? I hope so.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Josh McEachran: Brentford set to sign Chelsea midfielder

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/33410727

He would become Championship side Brentford's sixth signing of the summer and would join Akaki Gogia, Ryan Williams, Yoann Barbet, Konstantin Kerschbaumer and Andreas Bjelland at Griffin Park.

I think I remember Josh McEachran standing out against the Albion and made a mental note of it? Brentford needed to replace Pritchard but they already have Judge who is good without being flair. Brentford looking to finish ahead of QPR!

Potentially next season's Bournemouth

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
We can but dream. .

Bent would have been an excellent signing and good luck to Derby. But not sure why Brighton can only but dream of signing, lets say, £2m+ players. We've bought three of them in the last four years.
And our spending this summer is clearly not over.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Bent would have been an excellent signing and good luck to Derby. But not sure why Brighton can only but dream of signing, lets say, £2m+ players. We've bought three of them in the last four years.
And our spending this summer is clearly not over.

Fingers crossed eh?

Baldock was around 2 million, who were the other two 2 million plus players though?

Ulloa was 2 million Euros, Stockdale was £1 million. You're not sneaking CMS in there are you ? :lolol:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I have been saying for weeks we should have gone after Josh McEachran or Lewis McGuggan they are exactly what we need but rumours says we are back chasing after Lewis Grabban

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here