Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Summer 2015 transfer window thread

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Now that would be an extremely bad move for CMS.....

Terrible board and horrendous town.

And the pitch wouldn't suit his ability to trap the ball...

On second thoughts it might be a good leveller - nobody will be able to control it!

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
Fulham still after Dunk. Fulham are understood to have increased their offer to £3 million after seeing a £2.5 million bid for Dunk rejected last month according to Fulham's supporters website.

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Fulham still after Dunk. Fulham are understood to have increased their offer to £3 million after seeing a £2.5 million bid for Dunk rejected last month according to Fulham's supporters website.

There is a dedicated thread on this very subject.

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Andy Naylor ‏@AndyNaylorArgus 20m
Three signed by #bhafc and three/four more to come. Not getting carried away. Still much to be done but in a better place than 12 mths ago.

3 or 4 to come.

Goalkeeper
Striker
Central defender
Winger?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Andy Naylor ‏@AndyNaylorArgus 20m
Three signed by #bhafc and three/four more to come. Not getting carried away. Still much to be done but in a better place than 12 mths ago.

Not enough.

Unless he means purchase transfers, and we'll get 3 season long loans in addition.

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Not enough.

Unless he means purchase transfers, and we'll get 3 season long loans in addition.

If the 4 were a

Keeper
Central Defender
Winger
Striker

Where would you see us as lacking?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
If the 4 were a

Keeper
Central Defender
Winger
Striker

Where would you see us as lacking?

Central Attacking Midfielder ( Tex replacement )
Another striker ( I assume COG is going back up North, and Colunga is on his way to Spain )
Another winger ( 3 is not really enough )

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Central Attacking Midfielder ( Tex replacement )
Another striker ( I assume COG is going back up North, and Colunga is on his way to Spain )
Another winger ( 3 is not really enough )

Strikers

We'll have

Hemed, Baldock, NEW STRIKER + Akindayini on the bench. Can we afford another one to sit on the bench?

Central Attacking Midfielder - agreed, unless Hughton thinks one of our exisitng players, like Kayal can do that.

Wingers - very few teams play 2 wingers at the same time, so Lua Lua, March + NEW WINGER (Murphy?) might be enough - depends a lot on them all staying fit.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

Strikers

We'll have

Hemed, Baldock, NEW STRIKER + Akindayini on the bench. Can we afford another one to sit on the bench?

Central Attacking Midfielder - agreed, unless Hughton thinks one of our exisitng players, like Kayal can do that.

Wingers - very few teams play 2 wingers at the same time, so Lua Lua, March + NEW WINGER (Murphy?) might be enough - depends a lot on them all staying fit.

I see the argument for only signing 1 striker, if we do also bring in Murphy who I believe can play as a second striker, as well as a winger.

Maybe 4 wingers is too many, but they do seem to pick up more injuries than other positions.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
22 man squad. +2 minimum.

Any more and there would be departures. e.g. Chicksen.

Sensible thing would be to keep Colunga until we get a second striker.

I would not rush for a 25 man squad and I would tend to keep the wages back. So ideally we sign four and get rid of two.

What has got me less than enthusiastic as we do not have a player(s) that the opposition would really be concerned about or to get the supporters excited. Not many of the other Championship clubs have either, But Forest have Antonio and Fulham have McCormack (early fixtures).

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
Our main problem last season was creativity rather than conceding goals so I'd say we need at least two attacking midfielders/wingers and a striker.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough

Strikers

We'll have

Doubt we will see much of Akindayini next season, he's been signed for the DS.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here