Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Sum up tonight's game.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
One of the poorest games I've seen in ages. Should've been a chance for some of our reserve players to stake a first team claim, but instead the likes of Delaney and Souare simply showed that they're finished at the club. Our second string is obviously nowhere near the quality of our first XI, and it showed.

Absolutely no complaints about the result, Brighton comfortably deserved the win. Your players showed more desire, and your goalkeeper isn't Wayne Hennessey which is always a bonus.

Was very surprised at how strong you went considering we played a reserve side. Feel your embarrassment - what a night and bragging rights claimed in this famous cup competition. Most important derby for ages and we romped home :thumbsup:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
He's still a hero. Even if he'd ran the length of the pitch and done an Adebayor, he'd still have a special place in Palace history.

We were just laughing at your lot singing his name to try and escape what’s actually happened and happening :) :lol:

ThePaddy

Aug 27, 2013
Was very surprised at how strong you went considering we played a reserve side. Feel your embarrassment - what a night and bragging rights claimed in this famous cup competition. Most important derby for ages and we romped home :thumbsup:

A poor attempt. You won't get any nibbles with that.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
A Pleasing and deserved result against the scummers. I don't think I'm overstating matters or getting carried away when I say our names already on the cup. :D

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
We were just laughing at your lot singing his name to try and escape what’s actually happened and happening :) :lol:

Why , Glenn got us promoted 30 odd goals that season. Will always be a palace hero. I am sure he will also be a Brighton hero as well.

krakatoa

Jan 21, 2010
HOVE
14,000 attemdance shows once and for all that it doesn't compare to most derbys in this country. Would Southampton v Portsmouth ever draw such a poor crowd? Good to win though, I still enjoy the F A Cup, shame it's lost its status over the years.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Just got up, good win, but shame it didn't stay 1 - 0 for the predictor thread.
Will watch replay after work tonight.

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
14,000 attemdance shows once and for all that it doesn't compare to most derbys in this country. Would Southampton v Portsmouth ever draw such a poor crowd? Good to win though, I still enjoy the F A Cup, shame it's lost its status over the years.

It only means anything to me at least in this division from round 4 before that it has become an unwelcome distraction I'm afraid, not that I wouldnt want us to do well but a boro away game is not ideal, whereas your Notts Countys and Fleetwoods, thats where the FA still retains some romance and some income which pretty no-one in the prem gives a monkeys abouts

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Why , Glenn got us promoted 30 odd goals that season. Will always be a palace hero. I am sure he will also be a Brighton hero as well.

Because you’ve had to watch him fire us to the prem league having made exactly the same mistake with the same player as we did. We got the last laugh and you know it. Sorry you lost, it must be hard...

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The winner in an FA Cup tie between two heavily weakened teams, the reward for which is a trip to Middlesbrough?

I'll be absolutely gutted if he scores the winner against us at Selhurst in the league, but I don't think this has anywhere near the importance of any of the goals he scored against you for us :lolol:

Sako's finish was a belter!

We were rubbish overall though. We just aren't the same side without Zaha.

Agreed. You are the epitome of a one man team.

If he gets crocked any time soon, you are done for.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Was it 14,000 really?

ThePaddy

Aug 27, 2013
Because you’ve had to watch him fire us to the prem league having made exactly the same mistake with the same player as we did. We got the last laugh and you know it. Sorry you lost, it must be hard...

The striker we replaced Glenn with scored 15 Premier League goals last season which kept us up. Don't think it was necessarily a mistake, to be honest.

Agreed. You are the epitome of a one man team.

If he gets crocked any time soon, you are done for.

Almost certainly; but what a man he is :love:

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Palace are pretty much a 1 man team. Without Zaha they are nothing.

Sako obviously had a good game but scored a total freak completely out of the blue. I never felt threatened by them tonight whereas I thought they were going to score every time they went forward with Zaha in the previous game.

The sooner he moves on the better.

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex

No it's really not, good luck to Glenn and thank you for the memories. His a pro footballer and does his best whoever he plays for, I have no problem with him or who he plays for.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
We learned that solly has zero confidence, defence is solid, the Colombian is not worth 13 million! Baldock has come back fit, izzy brown is terribly unlucky, Kayal is a good attacking midfielder,

Apart from that, if we had the money, I would buy sakho now!

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Movement and passing poor in the final third, poor finishing (could’ve won 3/4-1), Goldson superb, Kayal likewise - we won in part because Palace were simply shit.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
The striker we replaced Glenn with scored 15 Premier League goals last season which kept us up. Don't think it was necessarily a mistake, to be honest.

Almost certainly; but what a man he is :love:

Well I’m man enough to admit every penalty (did he even score in open play for you?) he notched for you was like a knife. You know you hated seeing him back at us and he just notched the winner against you for your big rivals in the most famous cup competition in the world. Scoring goals for Brighton :clap2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here