[News] Suez Canal

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Madafwo

I'm probably being facetious.
Nov 11, 2013
This is a remarkable distraction from the nonsense stories of the world. How on earth did it happen, how on earth can they correct it and is the water even deep enough for it to sail away? Amazing!

Not sure whether it's changed in the last couple of hours but a gust of wind caused it to veer off course apparently.

Knew I should have stuck with the lactose free milk.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
If the Egyptians can build the Pyramids with some slaves, ropes and blocks and tackle why can't they just get a rope on the bow and pull it round?

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Wouldn't happen here!

canal.PNG

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
The most amazing part of this story for me was listening to business reports stating that this single shipping error is likely to have a large impact on the European economy.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
The most amazing part of this story for me was listening to business reports stating that this single shipping error is likely to have a large impact on the European economy.

Well if countless container ships, cargo ships, tankers et all aren't able to get through for some time, l can well believe it

it's one hell of a long way round to get from Asia to Europe otherwise, round the southern tip of South Africa, likely to add a week, or weeks to the journey.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
If the Egyptians can build the Pyramids with some slaves, ropes and blocks and tackle why can't they just get a rope on the bow and pull it round?

If you check the Live Ships map, there are four tugs around the container, so presume they are nudging and towing gently to turn it around.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
If you check the Live Ships map, there are four tugs around the container, so presume they are nudging and towing gently to turn it around.

Coastguard: "Don't worry about trying to steer Skipper - we're going to tug you off."
Skipper:......."How do you think this happened in the first place?"

Shirty

Daring to Zlatan

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
there are extremely high winds in the eastern med coming from north Africa right now. No injuries or pollution thats all that matters

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Oil prices rising already due to the blockage.
Checking on the ships stuck I came across the Ark Royal. Not the Ark Royal but a 21 yo bulk carrier out of Barbados.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports