Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Suarez BITES again - ***Update: Luis Suarez banned from ALL football for 4 months***

red star portslade

Jul 8, 2012
Hove innit
In which case, if he is incapable of controlling himself and can't stop himself from biting opponents, then he has no place on a football pitch. Quite apart from the fact that bites which break the skin can cause infections, how long will it be before he does a Tyson and has a chunk of someones ear off ?

Sounds crazy, but we are dealing with someone who has a psychological problem. I
wouldn't want to be marking him.

He's done the world a service by highlighting an important issue. Dental illness has been a taboo subject for far too long...

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
I don't see how people are trying to say it's no worse than a punch, elbow or a headbutt. It's the wierdness of it all which makes it worse.

What if I was a professional footballer and stuck my finger up someone's arse? It's not a worse injury than a broken leg or a elbow to the face, some footballers probably even like it................. but it world be properly odd, just like a grown man biting other grown men.

That made me think of THAT photo of Vinny Jones and Paul Gascoigne. If memory served, he didn't recieve any punishment whatsoever for that.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I'm not sure, it would depend on the length.

Would a shortish/medium term ban not suit them? Who would sign him?

I would think those american owners are getting a little tired of shovelling £200k a week into his trousers, just for him to sit around on the sidelines picking peanuts out of poo again. Course, whether they'll actually be able to offload him if he's lumbered with another lengthy domestic ban remains to be seen.

Great player, but what a cuffing liability.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
I would think those american owners are getting a little tired of shovelling £200k a week into his trousers, just for him to sit around on the sidelines picking peanuts out of poo again. Course, whether they'll actually be able to offload him if he's lumbered with another lengthy domestic ban remains to be seen.

Sadly if he gets them into the champions league again he will be worth it

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

There'll be no domestic ban. No way FIFA will be imposing a domestic ban which would punish a team whose player is currently completely out of their control and in essence in contract with his international team. 2 or 3 match ban with some kind of suspended clause attached would be my guess.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Looks like Suarez got his appetite for a bit of Chiallini from last years confederations cup!!!

10450139_700920466611295_639262622767450496_n.jpg

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Gnaw-rich City

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here