Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stupid drivers

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Of course it makes sense, people can get confused. The driver may have mistaken the exit they should have taken.

Have you never made a mistake whilst out driving?

In answer to your dig, I was trying to explain the reasoning behind the late change of signalling, not trying to find fault. That's easy enough to do with your football ramblings on here. :)

You obviously dont know the roundabout it is a clear roundabout with 5 roads off of it and even with a sat nav it would have said 2nd exit.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
You obviously dont know the roundabout it is a clear roundabout with 5 roads off of it and even with a sat nav it would have said 2nd exit.

Do you even understand the word 'confused'? The driver may have been. It was just a possible explanation for the manoeuvre . Nothing more. Nothing less. Again, Have you never made a mistake whilst out driving?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Do you even understand the word 'confused'? The driver may have been. it was just an explanation. Nothing more. Nothing less. Again, Have you never made a mistake whilst out driving?
Hmmm, you appear to again be asking BG to admit being wrong.

I don't know what's more impossible:-

That admission
or
You learning your lesson.

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
Yes I have and if I miss my turning I go all the way round the roundabout and then take the correct road.

So you might have been indicating left and gone right round ?? Would you then have been a stupid driver?? Would you have started a poll about yourself???

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I wouldnt signal left if I wasnt certain it was the turning I wanted. As it happens I now drive very little as I have driven my share of miles over the years and now leave it to my wife who is very aware of the Highway Code.

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
I nearly got knocked over earlier, some. may wish it happened. a car going south to north on Sussex Rd Haywards Heath approached the roundabout with South Rd clearly indicating a right signal, going towards Princess Royal Hospital and then as I was crossing the road suddenly signalled left to go up Hazelgrove Rd.

The highway code clearly shows that you signal left approaching a roundabout unless going right or all the way around it. Why do people signal right then change to left near their exit which is wrong.

I would add it was a middleaged driver not a boy racer or doddery old fool.

Don't think anyone on here would wish you to get knocked over BG. I agree that there are some idiot drivers on the road and seems to be worse this hot weather. Don't know the roundabout to which you refer so unable to comment on that.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Jesus Christ, the guy made a mistake so let's rush home and slag him off on NSC.

Do you ever make mistakes ?

Thats not the point as it is a very common occurence on most roundabouts I would think. Perhaps people would benefit by reading the Highway Code perhaps once a year to read of any changes.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
navigation.jpg

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Have to agree that I'd one of my most hated driving habits. It's infuriating when you're sat in a queue for a roundabout created by people's inability to use their left indicators.

The 2 roundabouts on the A259 in Newhaven have got to be the worst in Sussex, many drivers seem to just make up their own rules when using them.
On the Denton roundabout, drivers coming from Seaford either indicate right and then go straight on, or don't indicate and then turn right to Denton :shrug:
The B&Q roundabout coming from Seaford towards Newhaven bridge is a nightmare when the traffic is really busy, anything goes including drivers going all the way round the roundabout and back the other way in the inside lane.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
You don't signal at all if going straight over.

Exactly my first thought when reading it... But it wouldn't be a BG thread without several inaccuracies - the first line was very thought to read with the position of the commas and full stops :lol:

(And yes I know you signal to turn off the roundabout - this thread was clearly about the approach to one).

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Exactly my first thought when reading it... But it wouldn't be a BG thread without several inaccuracies - the first line was very thought to read with the position of the commas and full stops :lol:

(And yes I know you signal to turn off the roundabout - this thread was clearly about the approach to one).

No its about when actually going onto the roundabout from the adjoining road. Not the drive to the roundabout

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
No its about when actually going onto the roundabout from the adjoining road. Not the drive to the roundabout

And you're still not meant to make any signal if going 'straight over' when going onto the roundabout either...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here