Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stupid drivers

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Ashcoombe roundabout for example

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

That one is particularly bad, isn't it? It was fine before the Highways Agency's "improvement works". Now if I'm heading straight on from east to west I tend to go into the third lane as you just know the person in the left lane won't stick to it on the roundabout.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Yep every time! Tesco roundabout in Lewes is also bad for people getting in the left lane for the superstore and then carrying on over the bridge! Really grinds my gears, not as much as a cyclist on a country road though...😉

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Lanes not so much but I've seen quite a few incidents where the second car has/almost hit the first queuing car on the assumption that they were about to go.

You're ultimately accelerating and not actually looking where you're going.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
From a different angle, if you were in a car, waiting to join this roundabout from Station Road and a car was approaching from your right - would it be correct if there was no indication?

I use my indicators to warn other road users of my intended direction - generally, on a roundabout [unless its a mini-roundabout / paint blob], I'm signalling right as I go round to show I'm NOT taking the next exit, then as soon as I've past the exit before the one I want, I indicate left. Simples ....

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
From a different angle, if you were in a car, waiting to join this roundabout from Station Road and a car was approaching from your right - would it be correct if there was no indication?

I use my indicators to warn other road users of my intended direction - generally, on a roundabout [unless its a mini-roundabout / paint blob], I'm signalling right as I go round to show I'm NOT taking the next exit, then as soon as I've past the exit before the one I want, I indicate left. Simples ....

Wrong though. If you are on a roundabout with exits at 9, 12, 3, (as per clock face) the only time you should be indicating right is if you are taking the exit at 3 o'clock (or going right round and coming off where you joined). If indicating right you should also be on the inside track around the roundabout whereas if you are going to the exit at 12 then you should be in the left hand land.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Wrong though. If you are on a roundabout with exits at 9, 12, 3, (as per clock face) the only time you should be indicating right is if you are taking the exit at 3 o'clock (or going right round and coming off where you joined). If indicating right you should also be on the inside track around the roundabout whereas if you are going to the exit at 12 then you should be in the left hand land.
Correct

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here