Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Striker Adrian Colunga Signs Two Year Deal (Update)

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Is this another Sunday " Let's start a rumour about a decent but unlikely striker coming here" which excites everyone but comes to nothing by Monday morning. It is becoming a trend you know. :smile:

I think there may be a bit more to this one - apparently he had a medical yesterday (so sayeth Andy Naylor).

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Looks like he's had a medical and is sorting out terms. 5ft 8ins?

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London

greyseagull

Jul 1, 2012
West Worthing
Typical sloppy Argus journalist - can't even get the player's name right.

He's still at it. Just tweeted:
[MENTION=14853]andy[/MENTION]NaylorArgus: Very different type but if Fulonga does half as well as Ulloa - not Rodriguez - then it will be a smart bit of business. #bhafc

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Sounds promising. I agree his scoring record suggests he's not the main forward but we do need another option with Buckley gone and, as Hyypia doesn't seem to play wingers, a deep lying forward is probably a better option.

Interesting, that we were linked with Ward for £500K (got Bennett on loan), Clayton for £1.5 million (got Holla on a free) and Baldock for £1 million plus (possibly got Colunga for free/cheap). On the face of it, the two we got already look like they fit well into Hyypia's system so let's hope it's true about Colunga.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
maybe this guy is the next choice after baldock - u got to think that we would still need another more prolific main striker

I reckon you could be right, can't imagine we'd also go after Baldock now, who's another smallish forward. Is Colunga next on list?

We just need a more physical striker who can get on the end of crosses and knows where the goal is like Ulloa, Murray.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Why do people always ignore signing on fees which inevitably operate in a situation such as this.

I doubt they will be that high as he has in effect cancelled his contract.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
The one thing we are missing up top is height. Ok O'Grady gives us that option but i'm not sure he is the answer in other depts. Every time Bennett got up field yesterday he was looking to get the cross in, which is great. But there is not options up there for that, as everyone is -6ft. Colunga will add depth to the squad and could be a very shrewd signing, but he is not the Ulloa replacement.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
The one thing we are missing up top is height. Ok O'Grady gives us that option but i'm not sure he is the answer in other depts. Every time Bennett got up field yesterday he was looking to get the cross in, which is great. But there is not options up there for that, as everyone is -6ft. Colunga will add depth to the squad and could be a very shrewd signing, but he is not the Ulloa replacement.
Surely then the best option is to try and deliver the ball low and hard, like for CMS's goal?
Impossible to defend and can cause chaos in the oppositions area.

Colunga is a 74 on Ultimate Team. Solid :thumbsup:

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005

I agree about the height comment. More often than not we are really outnumbered by beefy/tall teams. CMS was never gonna win those high balls sent his way with Mills marking him. And I think we were all worried with those late corners and free kicks yesterday.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here