Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Strangely muted?

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Early kick offs always leads to a muted atmosphere for some reason, probably lack of drunk folk in the ground.

Probably why so many empty seats although a sell out.....peeps have to work Saturday morning and that must have affected a lot of season ticket holders.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
It was f*cking rocking in the NS, especially from 2-0 right through to when Potter, Ryan and Connolly came over to thank us.

Amazing atmosphere, almost as good as the seminal end of season matches in 2016 and 2017.

[My guess is that the no-shows simply watched it on the box. Always a temptation, especially if their the journey is protracted].

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Atmosphere was ****ing great , matched the game, matched the result, op needs a hearing aid

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
It was f*cking rocking in the NS, especially from 2-0 right through to when Potter, Ryan and Connolly came over to thank us.

Amazing atmosphere, almost as good as the seminal end of season matches in 2016 and 2017.
This

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012

[My guess is that the no-shows simply watched it on the box. Always a temptation, especially if their the journey is protracted].

I know plenty will have longer, but being on the box would never tempt me in to not doing the 120 mike round trip. It doesn't compare to being there...... especially today.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
1. A bizarre number of empty seats today, right around the ground (rugby / TV effect presumably).

2. So many left early. Why? It was an early kickoff and fine weather. The team deserved people sticking around until the end today.

Maybe they were stil 'on holiday' Brighton fans seem to either take a lot or very long holidays.
TV/Rugby??? Bollox we were playing Spurs at home.
Totally agree about leaving early, WTF after that performance at 2:25pm.
If you don't like queues go and have a drink like I do when I go then walk onto a train 45 minutes later.
The atmosphere was quite good but I would have thought it would be rocking like we know it can do.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I know plenty will have longer, but being on the box would never tempt me in to not doing the 120 mike round trip. It doesn't compare to being there...... especially today.

Based on our iffy to say the least record against CL clubs, perhaps people also envisaged a defeat. Easier to watch on the box and turn off if we’re heading for defeat,

So glad I went today, an unforgettable performance.

Phoenix011

Nov 28, 2018
Second half yeah, first half not at all considering the scoreline/performance. Maybe it was the early ko time, but today was the first time I started thinking that actually our home support is actually a bit shit these days compared to the early days of the amex. So many around me in the north not interested in singing at all - I swear it used to be much better not so long ago. For example we're the north stand/west stand chant. West stand dont get involved in that at all these days. Just 'we're the north stand/north west '

I had the opposite experience to you, i thought the first half was great

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Yes, defo a bit muted. Lots of empty seats, too. Surprising against a 'top six' club. Perhaps being in the EPL has lost a bit of its novelty? No evidence on this basis that GP 's more attractive style of play is having any effect in terms of bums on seats.

Today is most definitely not a day for negativity tho!

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Indeed...op obviously at a different game.
In a different stand...

2-0 up and all I could hear for 10-15 mins from North end of WSU was an (admittedly indecipherable) Tottenham song...Just watched MOTD and they somehow seemed to edit off the crowd noise too - could hear the players at one point.

Glad to hear that after the 3rd went in the NS was rocking though. Was a funny one in WSU - obviously completely brilliant and loved it but just didn’t shout/sing our heads off like we have done so many times before.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
This. I’m blaming it on too many painkillers + Harveys and minesweeping the NS....

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Duplicate

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Yes, defo a bit muted. Lots of empty seats, too. Surprising against a 'top six' club. Perhaps being in the EPL has lost a bit of its novelty? No evidence on this basis that GP 's more attractive style of play is having any effect in terms of bums on seats.

Quite common for there to be more empty seats with a 12.30 ko on telly I think.

I think the atmosphere was muted first half, but I do think there was a bit of anxiety in the air despite being two up having not won at home for so long. It was always buzzing - certainly not pin-drop quiet by any means. Second half was much better, before and of especially after the third which wrapped the game up.

What was obvious from where i was sat in NS block D is how uncoordinated the north is at times.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
It did seem fairly muted from the Upper West. I think in games like this, people hold back on getting carried away too early because we all know teams like Spurs can suddenly bang in 3 goals in 10 minutes. Not this Spurs admittedly- but generally speaking. I thought it would take off from 85 minutes on but, unfortunately, a lot of people seemed to have something more important to do by then.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
It did seem fairly muted from the Upper West. I think in games like this, people hold back on getting carried away too early because we all know teams like Spurs can suddenly bang in 3 goals in 10 minutes. Not this Spurs admittedly- but generally speaking. I thought it would take off in from 85 minutes on but, unfortunately, a lot of people seemed have something more important to do by then.

Second half it was great throughout I thought!

Agree about early leavers though:mad:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I couldn't believe that so many people left early, it was an early kick-off, where were they going? I know it's a traditional whinge but today was special, wasn't it?

I am a dyed in the wool 85 minuter, but I stayed till after the end, applauding the players off (facilitated by the point you make - it was not getting dark, was it now?). Followed by a pleasant post match pint on the premises.

On the main point of the thread, I thought the noise was great. West Upper was very noisy. I sang on maybe 10 occasions. Obviously I didn't join in with the 'we're the west stand, we'ere the west stand' nonsense, having invoked a personal veto after it became the go-to dirge when the North got restless back in the mid table championship days, and I Don't Like It.

Also I'm quite pleased that we didn't go completely 'YNWA after a sixth European Cup win'. Measured, humorous and with gusto was perfectly appropriate. No need to lose our shit till we actually win something.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here