Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Strangely muted?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I haven’t heard any noise from the West Stand for a about a year.

Try this:

wax.jpg

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I am a dyed in the wool 85 minuter, but I stayed till after the end, applauding the players off (facilitated by the point you make - it was not getting dark, was it now?). Followed by a pleasant post match pint on the premises.

On the main point of the thread, I thought the noise was great. West Upper was very noisy. I sang on maybe 10 occasions. Obviously I didn't join in with the 'we're the west stand, we'ere the west stand' nonsense, having invoked a personal veto after it became the go-to dirge when the North got restless back in the mid table championship days, and I Don't Like It.

Also I'm quite pleased that we didn't go completely 'YNWA after a sixth European Cup win'. Measured, humorous and with gusto was perfectly appropriate. No need to lose our shit till we actually win something.

:lol:

I liked that “We’re the ..... “ song all the back way to the Villa away FAC tie about 9 years ago, when 6,000 Albion supporters were camped in two stands. But got completely bored of it a couple of years into the Amex era.

We did the same. I always leave in stoppage time, to jog to the park n rides. But stayed to applaud Potter and the players off.

Weren’t you trapped by Bennett’s Field post match cars lock down?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
:lol:

Weren’t you trapped by Bennett’s Field post match cars lock down?

Yes, but it took only about 15 minutes to get out, owing to a modicum of sensible stewarding (that we never get in car park C where they just stand around gawping). If this had been car park C, leaving 30 minutes after the whistle, I would be looking at an hour of immobility, listing to Chris Sutton. At least, having now eliminated lactose from my diet, I could actually do the hour 'standing on my head' if needs be :lolol: :thumbsup:

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
It did seem fairly muted from the Upper West. I think in games like this, people hold back on getting carried away too early because we all know teams like Spurs can suddenly bang in 3 goals in 10 minutes. Not this Spurs admittedly- but generally speaking. I thought it would take off from 85 minutes on but, unfortunately, a lot of people seemed to have something more important to do by then.

I think there is a lot of truth in this. Even at 2-0 up my boy said to me that he still couldn’t relax to which I agreed because we’ve been watching the Albion for long enough to know how fragile that lead can be for us. After all, we were at West Ham & Fulham last season when we threw away this lead.

I have to confess to groaning when Bong came on, not to mention that awful cross he put in. I’m sorry but I simply don’t rate him in this league and nothing will change my mind on this. I was disappointed not to see March come on in that LWB position to dust off a few cobwebs following his injury.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Yes, but it took only about 15 minutes to get out, owing to a modicum of sensible stewarding (that we never get in car park C where they just stand around gawping). If this had been car park C, leaving 30 minutes after the whistle, I would be looking at an hour of immobility, listing to Chris Sutton. At least, having now eliminated lactose from my diet, I could actually do the hour 'standing on my head' if needs be :lolol: :thumbsup:

That'll be either the bearings or suspension. Can recommend a garage if you like..

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
Thought the atmosphere in the North was pretty good, especially as the game went on. Bizarre people leaving early at half 2. Really don't get it. Especially with a performance and result like that, make the most of it and applaud the players efforts. God knows we've sat through some dirge in the last 12 months at home. You're already committing 3 hours minimum for a match, what's 10mins more to save yourself 10 mins in the queue ? We stayed for a couple then walked straight onto a train to Lewes

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Thought the atmosphere in the North was pretty good, especially as the game went on. Bizarre people leaving early at half 2. Really don't get it. Especially with a performance and result like that, make the most of it and applaud the players efforts. God knows we've sat through some dirge in the last 12 months at home. You're already committing 3 hours minimum for a match, what's 10mins more to save yourself 10 mins in the queue ? We stayed for a couple then walked straight onto a train to Lewes

I agree. Also makes the atmosphere go a bit flat (same at the end of the first half - people leaving to get a pint on 42/43 minutes when it was obvious there was going to be about 7 minutes injury time). At the end of the game it shouldve been absolutely bouncing but, but all around the ground you could see people leaving from 85 onwards, as usual :wrong:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

I do normally leave the NS half way through stoppage time, it gets me home 30 to 60 minutes earlier, it really does. Luckily, never missed an Albion goal.

But stayed yesterday, keen to heap support on Potter and the players.

More remarkable than yesterday, was people rushing to early trains and buses during the Wigan match Easter 2017. Admittedly much lower numbers than normally, but that beggars belief. Imagine missing out the celebrations, after almost 40 years of waiting.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Not sure if anyone else has managed to post anything negative yet...

But, was it only me or did it not feel like the most raucous response to probably one of our best ever league wins..?

Guess it was a combination of 12.30pm and some disbelief but not many chants really got going including nothing much directed at the away end?

(In the same vein... Fair play to all those who summoned up a groan at 90+1 when Gaetan Bong misplaced a pass. Happy that eventually there was something for everyone in the Albion performance today...)

Highlight crowd-wise was “Graham Potter’s Blue & White Army” at the end - loved that. Helped that the ground was much fuller than usual at that point.

I am surprised you didn't hear me shouting from here when our third went in!

LVGull

May 13, 2016
I couldn't believe that so many people left early, it was an early kick-off, where were they going? I know it's a traditional whinge but today was special, wasn't it?

Didn’t look great seeing loads of empty seats at 85 mins. This was an amazing victory, would of thought they would of stayed to lap up.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I started "we're taking the piss, we're taking the piss, we're Brighton and hove Albion, we're taking the piss"

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Listening to the commentary on Talksport, the crowd sounded way too loud - I know the producers like to go for atmosphere, but to have the crowd noises drowning out the commentary is taking their hare-brained fantasies of doing it creatively too far, especially for those of us with a degree of hearing loss.

It needed real concentration to hear what was going on - and even then that wasn't always successful.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Listening to the commentary on Talksport, the crowd sounded way too loud - I know the producers like to go for atmosphere, but to have the crowd noises drowning out the commentary is taking their hare-brained fantasies of doing it creatively too far, especially for those of us with a degree of hearing loss.

It needed real concentration to hear what was going on - and even then that wasn't always successful.

It was incredible, in two waves. From GOSBTS up to about 40 minutes when everyone took a breather, then again from say 55 minutes as we took control of the game again. I wish there were video clips of the NS as goals 2 and 3 went in, when everyone went berserk, hugging strangers, climbing over seats. Scenes.

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
It was incredible, in two waves. From GOSBTS up to about 40 minutes when everyone took a breather, then again from say 55 minutes as we took control of the game again. I wish there were video clips of the NS as goals 2 and 3 went in, when everyone went berserk, hugging strangers, climbing over seats. Scenes.

I watched the game back and it didn’t sound that loud, and even silent a lot of the time. Only time it really sounds loud is when the massive Albion chant is belted out.

Strange, as I thought it was rocking in the North Stand and could definitely see, and at times hear, the other stands joining in.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I watched the game back and it didn’t sound that loud, and even silent a lot of the time. Only time it really sounds loud is when the massive Albion chant is belted out.

Strange, as I thought it was rocking in the North Stand and could definitely see, and at times hear, the other stands joining in.

You can’t beat being in the NS in the moment.

TV footage is subjected to audio mixing.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Thought we (fans) were pretty lively for long periods of the game. First home win in 6 months so some nerves but I thought the NS was up for it from my NW viewpoint.

And a fair bit of "You are f**king sh1t" along with the 'taking the piss' song.

Brilliant and the NS was pretty full still at the end and GP came over for a good clap last up.

Marvelous stuff.

Agree with this. I thought it was good. Also thought spurs weren’t bad and actually heard them from WSU north end which doesn’t happen often when teams don’t win.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

See this video from the other thread - you see everyone going mental esp the last goal...! Also clearly atmo is buzzing and that’s from the spurs end!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
See this video from the other thread - you see everyone going mental esp the last goal...! Also clearly atmo is buzzing and that’s from the spurs end!

Cheers.

1. At 3:14 and 4:16 (goals 2 and 3), I loved it, goosebumps. The NS was amazing, as was the stadium in general.

2. Isn’t the west stand a thing of beauty?

3. Sporadic booing throughout by Spuds fans against their players and one of Poch’s substitutions. :down: Eriksen comes over to thank them, and is met by booing :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here