Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Strange things people do at the Amex

el punal

The relationship to expensive match programmes always seems a bit strange to me. Very many people just store them under their seat. I guess on the plus side it means they don't get folded. Tho on the minus side it means the entire row stands on them as they shuffle past to their seat. The kiosk arrangement re programmes is quite bonkers also. T'other week I actually saved the club about thirty quid. The wobbly-handed server was about to pass me my brim-filled pint directly over a stack of pristine programmes lying on the counter. I actually yelled STOP!! Oh, and on Saturday, it was weirdest of all. As I was licking the contents of my molten Guest Pie off the wrapper, noticed an unattended programme on the shelf nearby. It was from the Fulham game from two weeks ago. That's an epic fail right there on the part of a) the purchaser and b) the stadium cleaning staff. What gives?

And... RELAX! :smokin:
Option A - purchaser probably bought the Fulham programme (as a back edition) from the club shop on Saturday and forgot it. Ok - you can relax now! :lolol:

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
There's a guy in the North Stand (if he's who I think he is, I used to work with him many moons ago and his name is Richard) who disappears off into the concourse for a piss/beer around 30/35 minutes every game. I only notice this – from ESL – because every time he does it he bangs on one of the metal signs to the tune of the 'der, der, der, der, der, der, der, der, der BRIGHTON' chant :lol:

Not sure if that counts as strange, but it makes me laugh every game. I missed it/him on Saturday though.
Is he the same bloke who does this every bloody time we get a corner? If so, tell him to pack it in and sing 'Seagulls' instead!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
There's a guy in the North Stand (if he's who I think he is, I used to work with him many moons ago and his name is Richard) who disappears off into the concourse for a piss/beer around 30/35 minutes every game. I only notice this – from ESL – because every time he does it he bangs on one of the metal signs to the tune of the 'der, der, der, der, der, der, der, der, der BRIGHTON' chant :lol:

Not sure if that counts as strange, but it makes me laugh every game. I missed it/him on Saturday though.
Yup, top bloke! Makes the N1G stewards standing directly below the metal signs jump clean out of their skins. Then has a laugh with them about it :lolol:

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Yup, top bloke! Makes the N1G stewards standing directly below the metal signs jump clean out of their skins. Then has a laugh with them about it :lolol:
:lolol: You think they'd remember it was coming by now!

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Option A - purchaser probably bought the Fulham programme (as a back edition) from the club shop on Saturday and forgot it. Ok - you can relax now! :lolol:
Was the unfortunate victim of this in the club shop last season. Picked up a new jumper for junior and amongst the tat in the queue said to him do you want a programme as we well. Picked it up without even looking at it until we got on the coach and it was the game before.

To make matters worse it was Cucurella on the front!

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
All the above posts have omitted one, tiny little detail. This all happened in 1901. Keep telling you. They are dirty, dirty people in there.
Being a 1901-er, it’s true.

Filthy bastards - the stench in the toilet nearest the Boardroom is inhuman at times…..

Seriously, that made me LoL….

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
Has anyone ever had a poo at the Amex, I haven’t, just wondered if others had.
I'd suggest that if anyone ever wants a crap at the Amex, do it well before the start of the game, otherwise you'll be cleaning 30 assorted mis-directed sprays of the yellow stuff off the seat (unless you are good at hovering...). The North is bad, usually accompanied by a large puddle of the stuff on the floor too - often wondered how many people are just missing the loo for the fun of it!

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
People not washing their hands after visiting the loo gets my goat

If you are only washing your hands to kill germs, then use the antibacterial hand sanitizer provided on the concourses.

Save water, it's better for the environment. You only need soap and water to clean off dirt.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
If you are only washing your hands to kill germs, then use the antibacterial hand sanitizer provided on the concourses.

Save water, it's better for the environment. You only need soap and water to clean off dirt.
Dangerous misinformation on so many levels.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here