Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Strange bunch you Brighton fans...

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
As a regular reader on these fine boards over the years (finally registered this month so I could join in the HOT DEBATE) it would seem that up until recently (13/05/13 to be exact) Leonardo Ulloa, Liam Bridcutt and Will Buckley were seen by many on here as some of the finest players in the entire football world and your promotion to the Premiership and ensuing dominance of European football was due to begin after years of patiently waiting until you were "PLR". Ulloa was seen as a £10 million + man, Bridcutt the best midfielder outside of the Premiership (Jedinak not fit to lace his boots one Albion collegue of mine would often say) and Buckley better than Wilf Zaha.

However now that these players appear either to be urgently wanting away from your sinking ship (Bridcutt) or your club is at the mercy of bigger clubs with much bigger cash flows coming in for them this January (Sunderland, Palace) you all seem to have changed your tune and they are all in fact nothing special and won't be missed if they go.

It's a strange one. How can such worldbeaters go downhill so fast? ???

You don't see many people smoking pipes these days do you?

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
As a regular reader on these fine boards over the years (finally registered this month so I could join in the HOT DEBATE) it would seem that up until recently (13/05/13 to be exact) Leonardo Ulloa, Liam Bridcutt and Will Buckley were seen by many on here as some of the finest players in the entire football world and your promotion to the Premiership and ensuing dominance of European football was due to begin after years of patiently waiting until you were "PLR". Ulloa was seen as a £10 million + man, Bridcutt the best midfielder outside of the Premiership (Jedinak not fit to lace his boots one Albion collegue of mine would often say) and Buckley better than Wilf Zaha.

However now that these players appear either to be urgently wanting away from your sinking ship (Bridcutt) or your club is at the mercy of bigger clubs with much bigger cash flows coming in for them this January (Sunderland, Palace) you all seem to have changed your tune and they are all in fact nothing special and won't be missed if they go.

It's a strange one. How can such worldbeaters go downhill so fast? ???

That's an easy one to answer...When Gus was selling he estimated that Bridcutt was worth millions and Barcelona should snap him up...now he is a buyer...and according to him Bridcutt is only worth £2m...thereby lays the difference..

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
The usual ineptitude from our moderators.

They wonder why they have struggled to reach the shirt sponsorship targets. Hardly surprising as this forum less and less represents Brighton supporters.

Maybe they should sponsor a Palace team shirt if they are so desperate to get to a Club dinner.

And yet you're still logging on and posting. I hear Seagulls Chat is the ideal forum for the disgruntled NSCer. Have you tried that?

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
And yet you're still logging on and posting. I hear Seagulls Chat is the ideal forum for the disgruntled NSCer. Have you tried that?

Why thankyou...I have 'tried' Seagulls chat. It is a pity that instead of promoting a genuine Brighton supporters forum, the only response by the moderators on here are quite pathetic.

Seagulls Chat isn't for me, but it does at least have Brighton supporters on there.....not Nelson Mandela 'wannabe' moderators.

Away supporters like LU7 and Fataddick are quite brilliant...........contrast them to the dross from Crystal Palace, that you constantly allow to pollute this forum.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
"Nelson Mandela wannabe"?

Brilliant.

I and the others have binned off plenty of Palace trolls over the years. We just don't make a song & dance about it.

This forum is open to you and others: as I've said, if it's not to your satisfaction, go and set up another one.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
I and the others have binned off plenty of Palace trolls over the years. We just don't make a song & dance about it.

Perhaps, if instead of the sloppy attitude taken by moderators regarding blatant Palace trolls, they had adopted a firmer stance......you almost certainly wouldn't be inundated with so many trolls that need 'binning' in the first place.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
This forum is open to you and others: as I've said, if it's not to your satisfaction, go and set up another one.

Oh, I think it is better to voice concerns 'in-house' rather than run away...don't you ?

Just an opinion of course.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here