Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Strange bunch you Brighton fans...

Crystal Pulis

Jan 13, 2014
As a regular reader on these fine boards over the years (finally registered this month so I could join in the HOT DEBATE) it would seem that up until recently (13/05/13 to be exact) Leonardo Ulloa, Liam Bridcutt and Will Buckley were seen by many on here as some of the finest players in the entire football world and your promotion to the Premiership and ensuing dominance of European football was due to begin after years of patiently waiting until you were "PLR". Ulloa was seen as a £10 million + man, Bridcutt the best midfielder outside of the Premiership (Jedinak not fit to lace his boots one Albion collegue of mine would often say) and Buckley better than Wilf Zaha.

However now that these players appear either to be urgently wanting away from your sinking ship (Bridcutt) or your club is at the mercy of bigger clubs with much bigger cash flows coming in for them this January (Sunderland, Palace) you all seem to have changed your tune and they are all in fact nothing special and won't be missed if they go.

It's a strange one. How can such worldbeaters go downhill so fast? ???

Last edited:

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
As a regular reader on these fine boards over the years (finally registered last month so I could join in the HOT DEBATE) it would seem that up until recently (13/05/13 to be exact) Leonardo Ulloa, Liam Bridcutt and Will Buckley were seen by many on here as some of the finest players in the entire football world and your promotion to the Premiership and ensuing dominance of European football was due to begin after years of patiently waiting until you were "PLR". Ulloa was seen as a £10 million + man, Bridcutt the best midfielder outside of the Premiership (Jedinak not fit to lace his boots one Albion collegue of mine would often say) and Buckley better than Wilf Zaha.

However now that these players appear either to be urgently wanting away from your sinking ship (Bridcutt) or your club is at the mercy of bigger clubs with much bigger cash flows coming in for them this January (Sunderland, Palace) you all seem to of changed your tune and they are all in fact nothing special and won't be missed if they go.

Thanks for that

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Croydon. Who's stupid now?

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
190840BEC9BA4B7FBFA2BAD379AA3316.jpgView attachment 50468

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Bridders wants to go and I still rate him as highly as ever, despite having played below par in his last few appearances. Ulloa is just coming back from injury and thus not match fit; he's still quality on his day. Same with Buckley; injury prone but quality when fully fit.

Nothing's changed. They're all quality when fit and available.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
He does make a point....

There has been some bile on here about bridcutt and ulloa, which I for one do not understand at all.

Crystal Pulis

Jan 13, 2014
Bridders wants to go and I still rate him as highly as ever, despite having played below par in his last few appearances. Ulloa is just coming back from injury and thus not match fit; he's still quality on his day. Same with Buckley; injury prone but quality when fully fit.

Nothing's changed. They're all quality when fit and available.

You Sir are in the minority if you read these boards...maybe your fellow fans are just a little, how do you say..."bitter"?

Interestingly, had the exact same thread appeared on BBS by now the poster would have been subject to some quite nasty abuse, most of it relating to sexual preferences and subsequently banned to the Away end or possibly for good.

On here however you seem to be tolerated, or possibly humoured.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
As a regular reader on these fine boards over the years (finally registered last month so I could join in the HOT DEBATE) it would seem that up until recently (13/05/13 to be exact) Leonardo Ulloa, Liam Bridcutt and Will Buckley were seen by many on here as some of the finest players in the entire football world and your promotion to the Premiership and ensuing dominance of European football was due to begin after years of patiently waiting until you were "PLR". Ulloa was seen as a £10 million + man, Bridcutt the best midfielder outside of the Premiership (Jedinak not fit to lace his boots one Albion collegue of mine would often say) and Buckley better than Wilf Zaha.

However now that these players appear either to be urgently wanting away from your sinking ship (Bridcutt) or your club is at the mercy of bigger clubs with much bigger cash flows coming in for them this January (Sunderland, Palace) you all seem to have changed your tune and they are all in fact nothing special and won't be missed if they go.

I haven't, so the rest of your post is as irrelevant as your club.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
As a regular reader on these fine boards over the years blah blah blah
Then you'll remember one of the biggest morons ever to appear here, calling himself Glenn Murray. He was on here every other day to inform us we'd finish well outside the play-offs and you'd be in the top two. All your players were world beaters (especially Glenn Murray) and ours were average at best. Then we started catching you up, annihilated you on St Patricks day. By the time the last game of the season came round, with you desperately close to finishing outside the play-offs and us comfortably in them, he was nowhere to be seen and didn't seem to want to discuss the relative merits of the two teams.

So this sort of extremism is hardly unique to us, is it?

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
As a regular reader on these fine boards over the years (finally registered this month so I could join in the HOT DEBATE) it would seem that up until recently (13/05/13 to be exact) Leonardo Ulloa, Liam Bridcutt and Will Buckley were seen by many on here as some of the finest players in the entire football world and your promotion to the Premiership and ensuing dominance of European football was due to begin after years of patiently waiting until you were "PLR". Ulloa was seen as a £10 million + man, Bridcutt the best midfielder outside of the Premiership (Jedinak not fit to lace his boots one Albion collegue of mine would often say) and Buckley better than Wilf Zaha.

Can you provide any examples of when any Brighton fan on here said ANY of that?

No. I thought not.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here