Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Storm Bella

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Lost Sky just before going to bed, woke up, turned it off and on again, sorted!

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Thunder, lightning and hail a little while ago.

Very very frightening.

Horizontal rain for several hours here. My patio doors have been welcoming water for 18 months, with the patio door man round 3 times and still to no avail. Every time it rains we get a pool of water in the same place, inside. In desperation (or was it higher level reasoning? ???) I shoved some blue tac in two gaps in the bricks of the extension above the doors that the builder told me were 'for ventilation, but I can seal them up if you like'.

Not a single drop of water let alone the usual massive pool around the bottom of the doors this morning. ???

When the latest in a line of plums from the firm came round a month ago he said it was condensation :facepalm:

I mean, what do we pay these people for? I just hope my GP knows her job a bit better (so far so good).

:moo:

Back to the OP, fences up everything apparently intact although it is still 'spitting' here so I'll check it properly later.

Last edited:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
The top trellis on the top of our fence has gone, but it was old anyway.

Somebody’s Rolls Royce has been flattened under a tree in Tongdean Road.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Somebody’s Rolls Royce has been flattened under a tree in Tongdean Road.

5B065290-D452-4CDF-BBE8-CDF85EEA7ABC.jpeg

Some T Cut and polish will sort it out, which is more than I can say for the lamp post :smile:

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Thinking of you. PM me if I can help in anyway. Terrible at anytime if year but just seems worse when it’s Christmas.

Well we had the bin and the boxes and I’m worried things come in threes.. thanks for your kind words

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Poor old snowman was blown off the flat roof (despite being held down by bricks). Put it on the lawn instead at about 10pm last night, again weighed down with housebricks but have just retrieved it from next door's drive.............

Just been out for a jog - country lanes absolutely covered in debris, one half-blocked with a tree and I couldn't take my planned route as the 'stream' that usually goes under the road was 2ft deep and racing through over the road (so about 6ft deeper than the normal trickle).

Yoda

English & European
Next doors eucalyptus tree thankfully still standing as if it had blown over it could've visited us in bed through our window.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Lid blew open on the recycling wheelie bin in deepest Bevendean

Means I’ve got to go outside today [emoji23][emoji23]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here