Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Stop the boats

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
As I said, you know nothing about me, so to suggest I may well be a selfish greedy bastard just because I generally hold centre right views, is a huge presumption on your part and is a pretty sweeping condemnation of many of your fellow citizens. I would never be so presumptuous as to issue a wholesale insult to those who hold a different view to my own.
I told you a little about my elders and offspring just to give you some kind of background to the influences I may have had in my life and some of the values that my children may have picked up from their father, to possibly give you a clue as to what I may be like. I obviously failed to convey this successfully.
Anyway, life goes on, I’ve got babies to eat and a bit of tent pinching from the homeless to carry out, not to mention tax evasion and general all purpose thoroughly selfish behaviour. I don’t know how I can fit it all in; there just isn’t the time when I’ve got all that cash to count.😡
I hear you're all racists. Do we all have to be racists on NSC now ? Only I have to spend quite a lot of my time producing boring stats and talking about refereeing decisions. I don't think I could devote myself full time to the racism thing.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Are we allowed to call people who believe this whole 'illegal immigrants in boats problem' thick yet ?

Or do we have to keep repeating the same simple facts behind the numbers of people trying to get across the channel. Those same simple facts that are posted on page after page of this thread over and over again and have never been answered :dunce:

Love to the family, Colin :lolol:

Last edited:

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Are we allowed to call people who believe this whole 'illegal immigrants in boats problem' thick yet ?

Or do we have to keep repeating the same simple facts that are posted on page after page of this thread over and over again and never answered :dunce:
Frustrating isn’t— nobody wants to hear facts on NSC unless those facts support their argument-

Yours
Disillusioned.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
What an absolute insult of a reply to someone who tries to maintain a reasonable approach to politics and to the views of those that don’t agree with a centre right approach.
Just so as you know, my father was a GP who started up in practice just before the NHS was formed and gave many years of service working extremely long hours for his patients with little or no thought for his own health, and indeed, our family life suffered somewhat because of the attention he gave to his patients over his family! My mother was a nurse who served throughout the war in a large London hospital. My uncle was a surgeon who served in the Navy in the Second World War, after he qualified. His wife, my aunt, was also a doctor. For good measure, my sister worked as a teacher in the state system for her entire career and my youngest son has worked in the charitable sector for most of his career since graduating. My eldest son is also a teacher in the state system. Hardly the background of a selfish greedy bastard, as you suggest I may be. You know absolutely nothing about me and although I try not to take things too seriously on this forum, I do find your reply rather abysmal.
By the way, I have said previously in various discussions that I have no time for Johnson or this Tory Government and I shall not be voting for them in the next election. They need a long time in Opposition to come to their senses. That does not mean that I have lost my centre right approach to politics or that I am a greedy selfish bastard. I also voted No to Brexit.
And a thoroughly decent poster who has barely raised an eyebrow at my occasional hairy-arsed leftist vituperations. :thumbsup:

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Yeah, but you can prove anything with facts :wink:

:bigwave:
Unfortunately, facts only prove how thick some people can appear when they don’t rely on them :dunce:

(Can we say people are ‘thick’ was it decided yet?)

Last edited:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
On part 3, what really got me was how any criticism of the leave campaign was Project Fear, while the ridiculous claims by the Leave Campaign were believed by many:
- the £350,000,000 we’re paying to the EU now will build a hospital a week - slight exaggeration, but it was never £350m per week, the Office ofNational Statistics highlighted it, but still Leave had it on that bus.
- people like John Redwood said things like “this will be the easiest trade deal ever to negotiate because we hold-all the good cards. They need us more than we need them. Oh no they didn’t. And why should they give us a good deal. Our hectoring bullying style of negotiating was never going to win the day. All right Brits, feck off then.
- banks would move, factories would close, Europeans living here and contributing so much would feel unloved/unwanted and leave. All this was surely predictable.
- prices would go down - yeah, right.

and anything that went against any of that was project fear………..
brexit 3.JPG

This load of shit came through my door before the referendum. I will post the rest if it in a mo...

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
brexit1.JPG

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
brexit2.JPG

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020

Or do we have to keep repeating the same simple facts behind the numbers of people trying to get across the channel. Those same simple facts that are posted on page after page of this thread over and over again and have never been answered :dunce:

Love to the family, Colin :lolol:
I pointed out a couple of contributors had noticed inaccuracies in a short comment by @Flagship.

What was his response?

He asked if he and I were neighbours and then a day or two later, listed all the pubs in Fiveways and Patcham he thought I might have been in.

i.e. he went off on some irrelevant tangent and gave no consideration whatsoever to checking and correcting his own mistakes. None. Zero.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Oh yes, the Boris Big Turkey Lie that 80 million Turks would come to this Country if we stayed in the EU.

7 years later, and after 50 years of Turkey wanting accession, Turkey is no closer to joining the EU than it was then - in fact, continued Human Rights abuses on its own citizens and its relationship with Russia, it is probably the furthest away it’s ever been.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Oh yes, the Boris Big Turkey Lie that 80 million Turks would come to this Country if we stayed in the EU.

7 years later, and after 50 years of Turkey wanting accession, Turkey is no closer to joining the EU than it was then - in fact, continued Human Rights abuses on its own citizens and its relationship with Russia, it is probably the furthest away it’s ever been.
Penny Mordaunt peddled that lie, a lot, and despite Turkey only fulfilling 2 of the 28 conditions, it was pointed out that Britain had a veto.
She doubled down on that saying our veto was going to be removed.

All countries had a veto, including Greece, who would use it, with a doubt, to stop Turkey joining.
It was as big a lie as the European Army. It was definitely coming along with the Lisbon Treaty in 2022. All lies.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Penny Mordaunt peddled that lie,
So did Boris - In June 2016 he signed a letter with other leaders of the Vote Leave Campaign - Michael Gove and Gisela Stuart - sent to David Cameron calling for him to guarantee that the UK would veto Turkish accession to the EU. Mr Johnson, whose great-grandfather was Turkish, was a leading member of the Vote Leave campaign, which produced a poster with the slogan: "Turkey, population 76 million, is joining the EU. Vote Leave - Take Back Control.

He was also key in misleading the public about Turkey’s chances of joining the EU but in fact, in an incredibly hypocritical move 2 months after the Referendum he said the British Government would support Turkey’s accession efforts because the Tory Government wanted a trade deal with Turkey once we came out of the EU (which was actually Government policy all along) but I suppose by then the Referendum was done and dusted and human rights abuses or the EHRC ceased to be an issue for the Tories.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
There's a lot of posts here from reasonable and intelligent people, being polite toward those who LIED . . . There's no beating about the bush about it, they lied, deliberately, and were all betting large sums of money on it. They f***ed us over for generations.

It was a catastrophic shitshow from start to finish from one of the weakest most pathetic PM's ever. The slimey spam c**t shoud have been minced, munched and shat out by a dog 5 years ago.

the rest should be in the towers, , BJ, NF etc. treasonous bastards.

the country I love will never be the same in my lifetime. . . .

If you hadn't noticed, I'm still a bit miffed about it.
A bit miffed? Mrs DiS and I would often profess to being angry about it.
but we’re angry about a lot of things at the moment!

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Genuinely must be grim to see a party you used to have respect for lurch so violently to the right.

I am centre left and think Starmer is taking the Labour Party down the toilet.
The problem is when the ruling party goes to the right it takes the opposition right too.

I’ve never voted Labour but became a temporary Labour supporter, 20 quid to help Starmer to become leader. I’ll reserve judgement till they get in, it simply cannot be worse to what we have now

A decade ago I started a business and remember things weren’t easy but felt we were at least on the road to recovery under the coalition. But the Tories screwed it all up to try and save their own skin.

There are people in the party that should be in prison, the Tories has turned into a hard right crime syndicate. And the crimes don’t stop, nothing happens and the press are mostly complicit

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here