Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Stop the boats

Flagship

Jan 15, 2018
Brighton
Which bit of this is crap? Are you saying that the UN are wrong, and that child poverty levels in the UK are 'acceptable'? Or are you saying that the government's own figures that those living in poverty have risen are wrong - or maybe you're saying that it's not a bit crap that the numbers of people living in poverty have increased??

Child poverty isn't being helped in this country by letting in100k + illegal immigrants is it?
Poverty struck children in this country have civil rights too.

chickens

Intending to survive this time of asset strippers
NSC Patron
Oct 12, 2022
Child poverty isn't being helped in this country by letting in100k + illegal immigrants is it?

So, your argument appears to be that we either can’t or shouldn’t implement any form of social safety net (or presumably any other form of policy) until we’ve reduced illegal immigration to zero? I’m sorry, but that’s a nonsense.

Why do you think illegal immigration has risen so dramatically under this Conservative government?

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
You must be so pissed off with the last 13 years of Tory governance.

They really have f***ed it, haven't they?

Hopefully, you won't be sitting on your hands at the next election and take the opportunity to vote them out.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
The main thing in his favour is there is no obvious alternative with enough backing to topple him. Boris is gone. Braverman only has a handful of backers. Farage is hiding in the Aussie outback. The only credible alternative leader is probably Mourdant, and she’s seemingly vanished into the ether. Barring an incredible turnaround, the likelihood is the Tories will be out of power after the next election, and so why take the job now and lead them to defeat when you can wait 12 months and be the one to “lead them back to the promised land”?
Ego?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
So, your argument appears to be that we either can’t or shouldn’t implement any form of social safety net (or presumably any other form of policy) until we’ve reduced illegal immigration to zero? I’m sorry, but that’s a nonsense.

Why do you think illegal immigration has risen so dramatically under this Conservative government?
It’s the big lie that every Tory perpetuates at the moment. All that’s wrong with this country can be blamed on immigrants, legal or illegal. It’s why the Home Office isn’t processing asylum applications, because tax payers money is being spent on hotel owners, who happen to be Tory donors.
Instead of looking at public schoolboys, who haven’t got a clue what it’s like to be poor (Rishi Sunak) with 12 homes, or claiming expenses to warm their horses, they look at brown or black people who are coming here to simultaneously claim our benefits and steal our jobs.
Billionaire newspaper owners, who live abroad, who don’t pay a penny in tax, have convinced some people, that immigrants are the problem.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
You haven't made the mistake that somehow the whole 'narcissistic orgy©Dominic Cummings - Covid inquiry' at the heart of Government stopped with Johnson, or Truss, or Johnson's second in command throughout the whole clusterf***, Sunak ?

Sunak, let's remember, had been in parliament 4 whole years before Johnson decided he was the blue-eyed boy and promoted him. His only experience of Government is in the aforementioned and unsurprisingly continuing 'narcissistic orgy'.

Johnson, Cummings, Hancock, Patel, Truss, Kwarteng, and Braverman come and go, It's funny how given any 'narcissistic orgy' Rishi always seems come out on top :lolol:
Me? Make a mistake? Noooooooo!
I am quite surprised he has come out soooo hard. After Braverman said there wasn’t a plan B, then Robert Jenrick last night on Newsnight saying they’ve been working on this for months, so Suella was lying through her teeth!
Victoria Derbyshire was clearly furious when interviewing Jenrick, who said one thing in one sentence then completely contradicted it in the next, and Mrs DiS and I were shouting at the TV in her support.

Flagship

Jan 15, 2018
Brighton
It’s the big lie that every Tory perpetuates at the moment. All that’s wrong with this country can be blamed on immigrants, legal or illegal. It’s why the Home Office isn’t processing asylum applications, because tax payers money is being spent on hotel owners, who happen to be Tory donors.
Instead of looking at public schoolboys, who haven’t got a clue what it’s like to be poor (Rishi Sunak) with 12 homes, or claiming expenses to warm their horses, they look at brown or black people who are coming here to simultaneously claim our benefits and steal our jobs.
Billionaire newspaper owners, who live abroad, who don’t pay a penny in tax, have convinced some people, that immigrants are the problem.
You don't seem to like anyone who is successful. Don't be bitter.

Flagship

Jan 15, 2018
Brighton
You must be so pissed off with the last 13 years of Tory governance.

They really have f***ed it, haven't they?

Hopefully, you won't be sitting on your hands at the next election and take the opportunity to vote them out.
I can't wait to see what a mess the Labour party will make. They bust the country last time and they will do it again if they win. Be honest.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I can't wait to see what a mess the Labour party will make. They bust the country last time and they will do it again if they win. Be honest.

You can't wait?

That's a bit odd isn't it?

The way I see it, you don't really have a great choice in government. Neither of the main parties have any respect for the electorate because they electorate will vote of them despite their poor policies and horrendous leadership.

Until the electorate hold parties accountable it will continue.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

You really don't understand how actually processing the backlog of asylum seekers whilst they are abroad, getting those approved into Britain and working paying taxes whilst not allowing those in who fail, whilst saving all the money spent on Rwanda, Barges, Hostels, Hotels, Supreme Court Cases, etc will help Poverty stuck children in this country ?

You're just having us all on with a wind up, aren't you :lolol:

Aren't you ? :dunce:

Last edited:

Barnet Seagull

Luxury Player
Jul 14, 2003
Falmer, soon...
a) asylum seeking is legal.
b) if asylum seekers were allowed to work whilst their case was being reviewed, they'd contribute to the economy, help us grow and pay tax. (this is the old system)

The classification of "illegal immigrants" and not allowing them to work is a political choice.

Additionally, we had better controls of borders in the EU so this is a problem of our own making.

Child poverty is also a political choice. The government can find billions for Covid which they've syphoned off to their cronies but aren't prepared to support the very poorest people in our own country.

Meanwhile they'll happily remove the cap on bankers bonuses, look after their corporate chums and their own self-interests

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
a) asylum seeking is legal.
b) if asylum seekers were allowed to work whilst their case was being reviewed, they'd contribute to the economy, help us grow and pay tax. (this is the old system)

The classification of "illegal immigrants" and not allowing them to work is a political choice.

Additionally, we had better controls of borders in the EU so this is a problem of our own making.

Child poverty is also a political choice. The government can find billions for Covid which they've syphoned off to their cronies but aren't prepared to support the very poorest people in our own country.

Meanwhile they'll happily remove the cap on bankers bonuses, look after their corporate chums and their own self-interests
Ignore him, he's just a troll.

chickens

Intending to survive this time of asset strippers
NSC Patron
Oct 12, 2022

Is it successful to run a country into the ground in full public view? To focus on dog whistle politics and angering the electorate, dropping any pretence of human decency or morality?

That’s not my definition of success, and if you look at this government and see success, I’d be interested in knowing where?

Could you give me one metric by which you measure the country to have been improved since Labour last left power?

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
It’s much easier to be successful if mummy and daddy are spending tens of thousands on your education every year, you went to the “right” school and daddy has connections.
I speak as a grammar school boy who went to Oxford and a college at that time (early 1970s) which had the second highest private education intake in the University at 80%.
To be fair, I have friends who have done very well for themselves by dint of their own talent and hard work, there were others who just oozed privilege and wouldn’t have been able to get anywhere had it not been for the parental connections.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Just look at the Tories record, soaring debt, minimal economic growth, self imposed trade sanctions whilst simultaneously running down public services. Quite a feat…

It won’t be easy for Labour this lot have brought the country to its knees

FIVESTEPS

Nov 3, 2014
Just look at the Tories record, soaring debt, minimal economic growth, self imposed trade sanctions whilst simultaneously running down public services. Quite a feat…

It won’t be easy for Labour this lot have brought the country to its knees
Agree last they took over a thriving economy and brought it to its knees were will we end up this time round.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here