Stop Cycling up Ditchling Beacon!!!!

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
You can call it Road Tax if you want, although you have just announced to everyone that you pay an annual duty, and you don't know what it is you're paying for.

So the money I pay for my van & car for that little disc goes towards roads then:lolol:

After 42 years of driving and paying tax I always thought the Government sends most of it to countries who are are better off than us----silly me:dunce:

The day I worry about embarrassing myself on NSC will never come:bla::bla::bla:

I still like you tho :ohmy: Large One :thumbsup:

I like smilies even more:rolleyes:

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I have found a picture of one of those tax dodging cyclists that abuse our roads!

If we could only make them pay their way then it would be fair for us all. Let's bring back a proper road tax and make these cheats and scum pay!!!!!

622-boy-riding-bike.jpg

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I have found a picture of one of those tax dodging cyclists that abuse our roads!

If we could only make them pay their way then it would be fair for us all. Let's bring back a proper road tax and make these cheats and scum pay!!!!!

622-boy-riding-bike.jpg

Look at him! The thieving little ******* [emoji35]

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado

622-boy-riding-bike.jpg

There is a young girl(11) who cycles to Priory School every day through the town.
I often find myself behind her in my large Ducato van----she weaves all over the road-goes onto the pavement to avoid the road humps and is impossible to pass safely.
She is an accident waiting to happen---but I blame her parents for sticking her on a bike when she hasn't got a clue.
At the other end of the scale I have come across Lance Armstrong wannerbees cycling on the road to Lewes when the purpose built lane is one YARD away(age thing)
If all cyclists had to pay for and pass a test to prove they are capable of getting from A to B safely that would do for me.
Then if the police see them cycling without lights/going through red lights/not using the dedicated cycle lane they should be fined like motorists are.
SIMPLES:rolleyes:

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
There is a young girl(11) who cycles to Priory School every day through the town.
I often find myself behind her in my large Ducato van----she weaves all over the road-goes onto the pavement to avoid the road humps and is impossible to pass safely.
She is an accident waiting to happen---but I blame her parents for sticking her on a bike when she hasn't got a clue.
At the other end of the scale I have come across Lance Armstrong wannerbees cycling on the road to Lewes when the purpose built lane is one YARD away(age thing)
If all cyclists had to pay for and pass a test to prove they are capable of getting from A to B safely that would do for me.
Then if the police see them cycling without lights/going through red lights/not using the dedicated cycle lane they should be fined like motorists are.

[emoji322]Hit the jackpot![emoji322]

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton

Police do fine cyclists for going through lights. Did you know that?

Personally, I think we should be responsible in our cars. The damage we cause to the environment is nothing compared to cyclists. The more people that ride a bike the better - good for your health, good for the environment and great fun.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Chances are the child's parent(s) sets a particularly bad example and the dunderheaded child is just following along.

What can you do :shrug:

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Police do fine cyclists for going through lights. Did you know that?

Personally, I think we should be responsible in our cars. The damage we cause to the environment is nothing compared to cyclists. The more people that ride a bike the better - good for your health, good for the environment and great fun.

Do not patronise me about what the police will or will not do.
To carry out my Plumbing business on a fecking bike isn't ever going to happen.
You've lost a brownie point on that post mate----I thought I was talking sense but obviously not.
It will not be me who runs over that young girl because I'm a responsible driver with 42 years experience.
There are thousands of drivers out there who will drive over her.
You talk more sense when talking footie.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Do not patronise me about what the police will or will not do.
To carry out my Plumbing business on a fecking bike isn't ever going to happen.
You've lost a brownie point on that post mate----I thought I was talking sense but obviously not.
It will not be me who runs over that young girl because I'm a responsible driver with 42 years experience.
There are thousands of drivers out there who will drive over her.
You talk more sense when talking footie.

I'm not patronising you Simmo, merely pointing out that they do give out spot fines.

To your point about the young girl, I couldn't agree more. Highly irresponsible of her parents and she obviously hasn't taken her proficiency badge.

Fortunately, the new 20mph speed limit makes it a little safer for her, but not much.

As to the rest of what I posted, I'm not sure how that's patronising. Let's respect each other on the roads. More people on bikes is no bad thing.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
I'm not patronising you Simmo, merely pointing out that they do give out spot fines.

To your point about the young girl, I couldn't agree more. Highly irresponsible of her parents and she obviously hasn't taken her proficiency badge.

Fortunately, the new 20mph speed limit makes it a little safer for her, but not much.

As to the rest of what I posted, I'm not sure how that's patronising. Let's respect each other on the roads. More people on bikes is no bad thing.

Fair enough consider us still mates:thumbsup:

Roll on the football season :albion2:

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

I actually don't disagree with this. Back in 1985, I did a school cycling proficiency test. Loads of cones in the play ground, and over the course of a number of weeks we learnt about junctions, balance while signalling, potential dangers before being taken out on some quiet roads with an instructor. We then got a certificate for passing the course, and like a driving test answering a written test at the end.

So yes, in principle, why not introduce a more universal cycling proficiency test. For experienced riders, or those with a drivers license already (proving a knowledge of the highway code) it might just involved 30mins cycling out with someone. I'd also agree that some form of cycling insurance (that comes free if you're a member of British Cycling) is a good thing as well.

Clearly as the population grows in number as well as waistline, as a society we need to work hard to ensure people are as fit as they can be, take exercise, walk, run, cycle. The health benefits of this and savings to the NHS would have an impact, as well as reducing congestion on the roads. I'm not sure therefore that charging people to cycle is the correct thing, but I'd certainly want to put my own kids through a cycling proficiency course, and they have been doing similar type courses last summer and will be this.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I actually don't disagree with this. Back in 1985, I did a school cycling proficiency test. Loads of cones in the play ground, and over the course of a number of weeks we learnt about junctions, balance while signalling, potential dangers before being taken out on some quiet roads with an instructor. We then got a certificate for passing the course, and like a driving test answering a written test at the end.

So yes, in principle, why not introduce a more universal cycling proficiency test. For experienced riders, or those with a drivers license already (proving a knowledge of the highway code) it might just involved 30mins cycling out with someone. I'd also agree that some form of cycling insurance (that comes free if you're a member of British Cycling) is a good thing as well.

Clearly as the population grows in number as well as waistline, as a society we need to work hard to ensure people are as fit as they can be, take exercise, walk, run, cycle. The health benefits of this and savings to the NHS would have an impact, as well as reducing congestion on the roads. I'm not sure therefore that charging people to cycle is the correct thing, but I'd certainly want to put my own kids through a cycling proficiency course, and they have been doing similar type courses last summer and will be this.

Sensible.

I too remember the cycle proficiency test. Made me road aware from an early age. I'd like to see that compulsory at school.

Jaguar_uk

Jun 1, 2013
Personally I blame chris boardman it was him who started the Lycra lout movement, now they are everywhere clogging up the roads like cholesterol clogs up arteries.
Time to tax them to make them pay for the misery they cause.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports